General [Info] OnePlus Nord N20 5G

Search This thread

PsYk0n4uT

The nord n20 5g is the exact same phone as the nord ce 2 lite but different size screen/body style probably some other minor differences.
Actually don't think I had to sim unlock but ran the script used in previous versions anyways

Last edited:

ScarletWizard

Aug 31, 2022
Moto G 5G
Random bar talk now, but do you think that ROM community for this phone will grow? I am considering to buy it ...
I don't drink. But I do geek out at the comic book store.,

Root and custom rom aside. This phone the N20 in my opinion is the best phone in its price range. The only other phone on t mobile I would consider is the moto G 5G 2022. But I'm not a fan of Motorola. I had plenty of motos and they all died a common death. The charge port becomes defected.

I had the n10, n100 And the N200. I'm hooked. I like oneplus..

Currently I've only found one rom that works
The lineage Gsi. This phone can be unlocked and rooted. And virtually brick proof. However this phone is not even listed on the oneplus website.. So no OEM blessings.
This phone is only 7 months old. A twrp is in the oven.

I say yes this phone is worth it. In my opinion the n20" is the pixel 6 - Ai

phaleg

Jul 20, 2012
Velletri, RM
bit.ly

Root and custom rom aside. This phone the N20 in my opinion is the best phone in its price range. The only other phone on t mobile I would consider is the moto G 5G 2022. But I'm not a fan of Motorola. I had plenty of motos and they all died a common death. The charge port becomes defected.

The lineage Gsi. This phone can be unlocked and rooted. And virtually brick proof. However this phone is not even listed on the oneplus website.. So no OEM blessings.

Yes, I do know that is the best in its segment, I read the review from XDA about best mobiles in 2022... Unfortunately, I am not a native speaker and I feel that I lost part of your content in the first line, if it was not just humour and the part about 1 working rom for this device.

I am addicted to custom roms phone in the last 10 years and there is where it comes my question if this good device will have one Lineage or Pixel Experience rom at all... My Poco F1 is slowly requesting pension to me. I am looking for a decent (not necessary top) mobile with squared apperance (not too long and narrow like new design) that has custom roms support. IPxx is welcome also. The other device I am watching is NOthing phone that stands a bit above my budget of less than 350 EUR / 400 USD)

ScarletWizard

Aug 31, 2022
Moto G 5G
Yes, I do know that is the best in its segment, I read the review from XDA about best mobiles in 2022... Unfortunately, I am not a native speaker and I feel that I lost part of your content in the first line, if it was not just humour and the part about 1 working rom for this device.

I am addicted to custom roms phone in the last 10 years and there is where it comes my question if this good device will have one Lineage or Pixel Experience rom at all... My Poco F1 is slowly requesting pension to me. I am looking for a decent (not necessary top) mobile with squared apperance (not too long and narrow like new design) that has custom roms support. IPxx is welcome also. The other device I am watching is NOthing phone that stands a bit above my budget of less than 350 EUR / 400 USD)
Yes the first line is humor. If you ever watch the big bang theory, you would understand.

I tried several GSI and only one worked for me.

If you want dedicated dev support. Then save up for a pixel 7 or oneplus 9

mewcatchew

Mar 19, 2015
Somerville

I bought a prepaid Samsung Galaxy A53 ($259, but it's $199 now) after I bought the Nord N20. At first I thought the A53 was laggy and the N20 did circles around it, but after some updates I feel the A53 is a better candidate for budget device of the year (if you get it discounted on a carrier). The screen is punchier, stereo speakers are on par with my iPhone 13 too. No headphone jack though...

Anyway, about the Lineage GSI for the N20 - how does it run, buggy, ok? I don't see much about custom ROMS on here for this phone which is surprising. It is a great phone, just bored with it.

ScarletWizard

Aug 31, 2022
Moto G 5G
I bought a prepaid Samsung Galaxy A53 ($259, but it's $199 now) after I bought the Nord N20. At first I thought the A53 was laggy and the N20 did circles around it, but after some updates I feel the A53 is a better candidate for budget device of the year (if you get it discounted on a carrier). The screen is punchier, stereo speakers are on par with my iPhone 13 too. No headphone jack though...

Anyway, about the Lineage GSI for the N20 - how does it run, buggy, ok? I don't see much about custom ROMS on here for this phone which is surprising. It is a great phone, just bored with it.
Ya the n20 is not getting much Love from the devs nor from OnePlus itself. I miss the old days when budget devices had a strong dev community. But google snatched up the talent and took away our Devs.

The Dev community of n20 is only us. I made a telegram channel for our device. You please Join in it

R u bored? I got something for u to do. Port the Android 12 to gn2200

Last edited by a moderator:

mewcatchew

Mar 19, 2015
Somerville
Oh I'm only good at following guides and such, I have no idea about how to dev. But I am interested in trying the lineage GSI, which you mentioned was the only ROM that actually works on the N20. I'm just unsure of what build and how exactly to do it, don't see a whole lot of instruction other than a few posts that you made. The terms GSI & DSU, and A/B slots are new to me; I've been out of the loop since Windows phone and Galaxy s9.

Oct 29, 2019
Wow! I am surprised to read that the N20 has no dev work so far! It's a very nice phone for the price. I have the opportunity to get one basically for free, but I think I'll go with a N200 instead. Even though it has worse hardware it has much better community support.

Ya the n20 is not getting much Love from the devs nor from OnePlus itself. I miss the old days when budget devices had a strong dev community. But google snatched up the talent and took away our Devs.

The Dev community of n20 is only us. I made a telegram channel for our device. You please Join in it

What is said Telegram channel?

Top Liked Posts