[Info] RM3&3S Display accepts renders up to 5k

Search This thread

SilentDevGuy

• Feb 10, 2021
    As the title says, you can use the adb wm size command to change the resolution, higher.

On most phones the resolution shipped is the highest available.
    The RM3&3S ship stock 1080p but easily go up much higher.

Personally i recommend 1440x3120

wm size 1440x3120

In an su terminal or adb by pc.

This brings the display up to current phones resolution! (2k)

Enjoy!

As for performance and battery life, there is no noticeable NEGATIVE impact. However, when screen recording or streaming your screen, it can lag if your connection cant support the higher resolution. Native screen recording should be unaffected.

Reactions: lius90

lius90

Jul 2, 2010
    As the title says, you can use the adb wm size command to change the resolution, higher.

wm size 1440x3120

Enjoy!

As for performance and battery life, there is no noticeable NEGATIVE impact. However, when screen recording or streaming your screen, it can lag if your connection cant support the higher resolution. Native screen recording should be unaffected.
    wow nice
    anyone has tested this ?

I have downloaded the DevCheck app and under HARDWARE tab > Graphics > Resolution, it is shown as 2340 x 1080. Does it mean that on adb I have to type wm size 3120x1440 instead ?
    Thank you

Last edited:

lius90

Jul 2, 2010

wm size 1440x3120

Enjoy!

I have tried changing the resolution yes the screen changed to a smaller icon etc but the problem is the below area is not responding to touch for example, the soft button; back, home and app manager does not work when touched.

SilentDevGuy

• Feb 10, 2021
    On mine
    I have tried changing the resolution yes the screen changed to a smaller icon etc but the problem is the below area is not responding to touch for example, the soft button; back, home and app manager does not work when touched.
    On mine it works without issue at all and I can touch all the way up to 5k no problem, can you tell me your device model and rom?
    Not to be rude or offend you but it is 100% user error on your side, the resolutions are accepted, and tested on A11 and A10 multiple devices. Also the icons smaller and all that is just based on DPI, resolution is the resolving power.

SilentDevGuy

• Feb 10, 2021
    wow nice
    anyone has tested this ?

I have downloaded the DevCheck app and under HARDWARE tab > Graphics > Resolution, it is shown as 2340 x 1080. Does it mean that on adb I have to type wm size 3120x1440 instead ?
    Thank you
    No, use 1440x3120 it matters what order the numbers are in.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

wm size 1440x3120

Enjoy!

Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone