• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General [Info] Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Lite

Search This thread

vampirefo

Apr 3, 2010
I love the tablet, bought two of the 4GB/64GB for $149 each directly from Samsung site.

Well worth the money, I got them for gaming and watching videos, web surfing, really great tablets.

jmckeejr

Aug 11, 2008
Altoona, Pa
www.mckeeflooring.com
Bought this thinking it was an upgrade from my Galaxy tab a 8.0 but since it's one ui core it's missing many features. Trying to trade it in now but it's past the 15 days. There's no smart view to mirror to any tv easily, theres no network file manager in my files (can't access G drive or any others).

Just make sure you know what you're buying. It's not lite because of being smaller than A7, it's a stripped down OS and the features can't be installed afterwards (have tried many apks). I didn't want a big tablet, wanted a mid size tablet with upgraded CPU.

Last edited:

impreza233

Dec 28, 2011
Bought this thinking it was an upgrade from my Galaxy tab a 8.0 but since it's one ui core it's missing many features. Trying to trade it in now but it's past the 15 days. There's no smart view to mirror to any tv easily, theres no network file manager in my files (can't access G drive or any others).

Just make sure you know what you're buying. It's not lite because of being smaller than A7, it's a stripped down OS and the features can't be installed afterwards (have tried many apks). I didn't want a big tablet, wanted a mid size tablet with upgraded CPU.
I agree with that. If you are sure you know what you're buying, the experience of the A7 Lite isn't bad. One UI Core is the same stripped down OS in the regular A7 (Snapdragon 662) and in the A7 Lite. CPU works very fluid if you tweak some settings (default One UI animations are awfully slow). Battery lasts A LOT (8,5-9 hours SOT). Smart View was removed and changed in all One UI devices with the upgrade to Android 11/One UI 3.0 (regular and Core), and it was replaced with Google Cast native screen mirroring (ergo Chromecast).

Use Solid Explorer or Amaze if you want to access network file places. It works well on my side.

Despite being a Mediatek tablet, you wont't find anything MTK-related in the tablet. Samsung has its software very well masked. And I think that, in Helio P22T, Mediatek vulnerabilities have been fixed with security monthly patches.

tagcart

Jul 9, 2016
I guess that MTK-su has been fixed on Android 11... But I think that I could boot something with DSU Loader, which is available...
Just wanted to chime in here and say that I successfully rooted the tablet using the same method for the Lite as the regular A7 using THIS GUIDE. Obviously it tripped Knox but I needed it rooted for my use case. One note is that when you download the stock firmware with an application like Samsung Firmware Downloader, make sure you choose the correct Model and Region. These can be found in the settings on the tablet.

Top Liked Posts