• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General [Info] Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3

Search This thread
In the UK Watch 3 can be traded in for £200 against price of the Watch 4 Classic 46mm, which a good deal as you can also claim £75 of Google Play voucher.
They also offered me £100 for my original galaxy watch. Where's the Google play offer? Not seen that.

In gonna get a USB-C thumb drive and see how that works with it. Same use for my note 20, and issue with watch 3.
I have a wifi access point that has its own storage and battery that I used to use when travelling. It has a samba server and dlna for sharing media.

jah

Reactions: skally
I have a wifi access point that has its own storage and battery that I used to use when travelling. It has a samba server and dlna for sharing media.

So it's setup as your own ordinal cloud storage?
I watch movies at the gym, or when I'm out and about. Music is the same way. Networks and clouds don't work of there's no WiFi/data connection. Hence, USB-C on the key chain.

But I'm curious what you had set-up.

So it's setup as your own ordinal cloud storage?
I watch movies at the gym, or when I'm out and about. Music is the same way. Networks and clouds don't work of there's no WiFi/data connection. Hence, USB-C on the key chain.

But I'm curious what you had set-up.
Last one I bought was one of these.

Last one I bought was one of these.
INTERESTING!!
How does it work? does it need to be hardwired to the router? Or does it sit on the same network and can be accessed via phone?

INTERESTING!!
How does it work? does it need to be hardwired to the router? Or does it sit on the same network and can be accessed via phone?
It has multiple ways of connecting, there's a hard wired ethernet port making it work like a standard router, or it can act as a WiFi bridge so you connect this device to public or hotel WiFi and your phone/tablet/laptop to it. Really useful when hotels charge for data per device. Finally, it just works as WiFi nas, and shows up as a samba device or a upnp media library.

There's a usb port and an sdcard for connecting external storage, a button on the side will dump the sdcard on to the usb storage, so a camera card can be copied without a laptop.

Really useful device, just wish they'd make an updated version supporting wifi6, ideally with an inbuilt nvme slot.

Reactions: jah
It has multiple ways of connecting, there's a hard wired ethernet port making it work like a standard router, or it can act as a WiFi bridge so you connect this device to public or hotel WiFi and your phone/tablet/laptop to it. Really useful when hotels charge for data per device. Finally, it just works as WiFi nas, and shows up as a samba device or a upnp media library.

There's a usb port and an sdcard for connecting external storage, a button on the side will dump the sdcard on to the usb storage, so a camera card can be copied without a laptop.

Really useful device, just wish they'd make an updated version supporting wifi6, ideally with an inbuilt nvme slot.
DUDE!!!!
Dsmn, not wifi6? The price really isn't that bad though.

DUDE!!!!
Damn, not wifi6? The price really isn't that bad though.

Markeee

Sep 29, 2012
South Florida
Seems the US models are only single sim with esim disabled sucks real deal kill for me
Wondering if buying an international model will be possible work around ?

atvxda

Apr 3, 2008
Boston
Black 512g and Black GW4. Can't wait. I am a little disappointed we didn't get the massive cameras like the s20 and 21u. Hopefully it wont feel too much of a downgrade.

Same. I would be happier with a longer optical zoom camera. The S pen support is what got me. Finally, I really wish we could customize the hinge again... The green Fold3 looks nice, however I opted for the higher storage and that is offered in black only.

atvxda

Apr 3, 2008
Boston
I also see a delivery date for one of the accessories ordered of Monday, 8/16, but the phone itseld still shows Aug 27.

EDIT: the accessory arrived today. No phone.

I ordered on 8/11, received my leather flip case on 8/13. The app shows a scheduled delivery for my phone and the rest of the cases for 8/13. Still no update via FedEx or shop Samsung app. Hopefully the phone arrives before the 8/27 street date.

mrkapable007

Jun 9, 2020
I ordered on 8/11, received my leather flip case on 8/13. The app shows a scheduled delivery for my phone and the rest of the cases for 8/13. Still no update via FedEx or shop Samsung app. Hopefully the phone arrives before the 8/27 street date.
Just wondering if you already received your device? and how long before it got to you?

mrkapable007

Jun 9, 2020
Initial order was placed on 8/11, leather flip arrived on 8/13, phone and other accessories arrived on 8/25. Signature required.
preordered mine on 02/09, and immediately got an SMS to select my delivery date which was suppose to be yesterday 03/09. Still waiting to see if i would get it today or tomorrow, i am itchy for it a lot, i can't wait to move away from iPhone.

atvxda

Apr 3, 2008
Boston
preordered mine on 02/09, and immediately got an SMS to select my delivery date which was suppose to be yesterday 03/09. Still waiting to see if i would get it today or tomorrow, i am itchy for it a lot, i can't wait to move away from iPhone.
The anticipation of a new device delivery is tough. I need the instant gratification of buying and receiving my goods during the same transaction, lol. Download the FedEx app and create an account, it's free. You can log in and click on deliveries to you and see slightly more detailed updates regarding packages scheduled for you. That might help.

IPhones are great but Samsung has given me more for years in terms of software features. I've owned the latest iPhone for work for the pass decade and I can't imagine using it as my daily driver for all that I have used my Notes and Fold's for. I feel you are in for a treat. Good luck and hope yours arrive soon!

mrkapable007

Jun 9, 2020
They also offered me £100 for my original galaxy watch. Where's the Google play offer? Not seen that.

Well such a shame, i did have a chat with Samsung now, and they said due to the fact i got mine via my network provider, i cannot get the voucher. any way around this?

Top Liked Posts