• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[INFO] Sosei/BakedBean ROM-Kernel and tweaks tested; results

Search This thread

justjackyl

Jul 28, 2012
Build.prop copy and paste on your build.prop. it work great on my tablet and much more stable.

#
#additional tweaks
#
#ro.semc.xloud.supported=true
#persist.service.xloud.enable=1
#ro.semc.sound_effects_enabled=true
#ro.media.enc.hprof.vid.fps=65
debug.performance.tuning=1
### Hardware Acceleration Enabled
video.accelerate.hw=1
### Force GPU Rendering on 2d Operations (build.prop part)
debug.sf.hw=1
debug.egl.profiler=1
debug.egl.hw=1
debug.composition.type=gpu
### Enable 16bit Transparency
persist.sys.use_16bpp_alpha=1
### Increase photo and video recording quality
ro.media.dec.jpeg.memcap=8000000
ro.media.enc.hprof.vid.bps=8000000
### Increase jpg quality to 100%
ro.media.enc.jpeg.quality=100
### Better Flashlight intensity & camera-flash quality
ro.media.capture.flash=led
ro.media.capture.flashMinV=3300000
ro.media.capture.torchIntensity=65
ro.media.capture.flashIntensity=70
net.tcp.buffersize.default=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960
net.tcp.buffersize.wifi=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960
net.tcp.buffersize.umts=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960
net.tcp.buffersize.gprs=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960
net.tcp.buffersize.edge=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960
dalvik.vm.heapsize=256m
dalvik.vm.heapgrowthlimit=48m
### Mid OOM Groupings
ro.FOREGROUND_APP_MEM=6400
ro.VISIBLE_APP_MEM=8960
ro.SECONDARY_SERVER_MEM=14080
ro.BACKUP_APP_MEM=17920
ro.HOME_APP_MEM=3200
ro.HIDDEN_APP_MEM=17920
ro.EMPTY_APP_MEM=64000
ro.PERCEPTIBLE_APP_MEM=3200
ro.HEAVY_WEIGHT_APP_MEM=14080
ro.CONTENT_PROVIDER_MEM=38400
ro.FOREGROUND_APP_ADJ=25
ro.VISIBLE_APP_ADJ=35
ro.SECONDARY_SERVER_ADJ=55
ro.BACKUP_APP_ADJ=56
ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=26
ro.EMPTY_APP_ADJ=69
ro.HIDDEN_APP_MIN_ADJ=250
ro.PERCEPTIBLE_APP_ADJ=27
ro.HEAVY_WEIGHT_APP_ADJ=36
ro.CONTENT_PROVIDER_ADJ=70
ENFORCE_PROCESS_LIMIT=false
MAX_SERVICE_INACTIVITY=false
MIN_HIDDEN_APPS=false
MAX_HIDDEN_APPS=false
CONTENT_APP_IDLE_OFFSET=false
EMPTY_APP_IDLE_OFFSET=false
MAX_ACTIVITIES=false
ACTIVITY_INACTIVE_RESET_TIME=false
MAX_RECENT_TASKS=false
MIN_RECENT_TASKS=false
APP_SWITCH_DELAY_TIME=false
MAX_PROCESSES=false
PROC_START_TIMEOUT=false
CPU_MIN_CHECK_DURATION=false
GC_TIMEOUT=false
SERVICE_TIMEOUT=false
MIN_CRASH_INTERVAL=false
###Disable Kernel Error Checking
ro.kernel.android.checkjni=0
ro.kernel.checkjni=0
### Wifi connect speed tweak
ro.mot.eri.losalert.delay=1000
### Video Streaming Tweak
media.stagefright.enable-player=true
media.stagefright.enable-meta=true
media.stagefright.enable-scan=false
media.stagefright.enable-http=true
### Enable HSUPA Network Mode
ro.ril.hsxpa=3
### Faster DNS Resolution Tweaks
net.dns1=8.8.8.8
net.dns2=8.8.4.4
### ppp0 Interface Tweaks
net.ppp0.dns1=8.8.8.8
net.ppp0.dns2=8.8.4.4

Sent from my A100 using xda premium

way too many tweaks there.
i am running Sosei II (its private, no you can't have it and no, dont ask pio for it) , and it's build.prop is blank compared to Sosei RC1 and II runs way smoother and battery life is very good.
Try removing all lines from under additional tweaks and let the ROM do its thing, it runs better than all the tweaks, even in my OP.

G2x-CM7 Nightly 11/18/12 Build, Trinity ELP Kernel

justjackyl

Jul 28, 2012
no no
# comments out a line renders it invisible when system loads build.prop

lol i meamt overall, you got tons of lines in yours, i commented out several that you have allowed.
all good. if ur happy with it, roll with it

G2x-CM7 Nightly 11/18/12 Build, Trinity ELP Kernel

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This post only pertains to Jellytime Sosei/BakedBean 4.1.2 and is for users experiencing problems with their A100, yours may not. This thread is not to debate or argue about the kernels, please keep that in mind​

Hey guys, I was originally testing these ROMs for pio, and constantly am changing or tweaking things on the ROM to find what suits our A100 best. Pio was building these blind, so he has no way to thoroughly test the ROMs and such things as build.prop mods/tweaks as well as kernels.

Let me start by saying this, I AM IN NO WAY BASHING ANY DEVELOPER FOR THEIR WORK. I AM IN NO WAY BLAMING OR STATING THAT ANY BUGS/FLAWS ARE A DIRECT RESULT OF THEIR WORK. THE THINGS I AM LISTING ARE ISSUES/PROBLEMS/BUGS THAT I HAVE OBSERVED OR ENCOUNTERED, AND ALL BUGS/FLAWS WERE TESTED AGAINST THEIR EQUAL. EXAMPLE, USING THE godmachine81/linuxsociety KERNEL, THAN REPRODUCING THE SAME ENVIRONMENT, I WOULD RUN THE STOCK KERNEL FOR TESTING AND VERIFYING THE ERROR.

Kernel Observation:​
    SODs
    Everyone, including myself, tend to automatically flash linuxsociety's GodMachine kernel v2.0, as it really is our only option for JellyBean/CM10/AOSP based ROMs. We do have ezTerry's kernel, but it has not "supposedly" been tweaked for 4.1.x systems. Although it is the base for GodMachine kernels. I've never used ezTerry's kernel,but I may test it like I've been testing GodMachine.
    Anyways, for this ROM, I have found that the godmachine kernel performs poorly on Sosei ROM. With GodMachine kernel, I had tons of issues with constant BSOD/SOD. (Sleep of Death) The SODs were worse if you left wireless on, and the SODs were completely random, no matter what I did, if the tablet fell aslepp, it SOD'd on me. Using the stock kernel pio packed with the ROM, resolved much of this issue for me. The only time I have SOD on the stock kernel is when Wifi was left on, and the chances of this happening were 99% LESS LIKELY compared to GodMachine. You can combat this, by sacrificing battery life and using an app that's free on the playstore, WakeLock. If you choose to go this route, the "Partial_Wake_Lock" option consumes the least amount of battery while still preventing SOD. None of the 3 options for forcing wireless to stay on worked for stopping SOD.

RANDOM REBOOTS/CRASHING/FREEZING​
    I myself did not have many issues with random reboots, but I did have some issues with random app "force closes" and freezing to the point where you'd have the almost force close I call it, where you get an option to close or wait for the app. I have not had this issue using the stock kernel, unless related to the next topic...

GPU/VIDEO INSTABILITY/ODDITIES​
    I, as well as a few others, have reported issues with display. Most users have noticed an issue with flashing lines, tearing, and artifacts on the desktop. I have also had issues when play a THD/HD game, for example Modern Combat 3: Fallen Nation HD, where anytime after about 20-30min, the display would become compltely distored, almost like when you were trying to pick up a TV station using rabbit ear antennas, and the game crashes/freezes, but you do not get an option to force close, so you have to use the Navigation bar HOME button to get yourself out of it, than you need to kill the game anyway you want, but if you don't kill it, it will load you back to that distorted, frozen image.
    In the GodMachine kernel, the GPU is overclocked as well as being able to overclock your CPU, but you cannot adjust the GPU yourself with any application. Linuxsociety states: "Stable GPU Overclock @ 450mhz (scales from 300 - 450)"
    I do not have these issues with video when using the stock kernel, nor do I notice any lack of GPU performance with lack of GPU overclocking.

In my honest opinion, I STRONGLY RECOMMEND the STOCK KERNEL. Yes it is lacking in some features, but it is capable of being overclocked as well if your interested in doing so. Using the interactive governor provides the smoothest performance and still retains some battery savings. Conservative, OnDemand, userspace, and Performance are offered as well. The I/O Scheduler only has NOOP available, but if you do some reading, NOOP is actually recommended for Flash Devices, like ours.
    To get back to pio's stock kernel, you can boot into recovery, wipe cache and dalvik, and dirty flash the ROM.

BUILD.PROP EDITING​
    I cannot even begin to tell you the amount of hours I invested in testing and editing the build.prop to obtain what I find to be the most stable while still possibly enhancing performance/responsiveness and battery life. I will link you to my FINAL build.prop mod for you to download if you'd like. In all reality this consisted of just commenting out several lines in the original build.prop that our A100 did not like. This will also fix issues with the video camera recording if you have them, as well as improve certain app and system performance and functions. I've also had more reliability and just odd **** happen when I use the TCP/IP buffer enhancement code lines so those have been commented out as well to keep WiFi stable. I really see no performance gains with them other than SpeedTest and there is a reason, I am a Networking IT Student, and don't feel like explaining that now in this thread. lol
    Download build.prop.sosei__tweaked
    Using a FileExplorer with ROOT LEVEL ACCESS (I recommend ESFileExplorer),
    Copy build.prop.sosei__tweaked into the /system folder
    Rename current build.prop to build.prop.bak
    Rename build.prop.sosei__tweaked to build.prop
    Reboot into recovery (TWRP or CWM) and wipe dalvik cache & cache, reboot
    make sure you wait ten, reboot and wait 5-10 before you start using your tablet

This is all in my observed, hands-on testing and experience, and everyone's results will vary based upon factors such as user setup, apps install, the way a user even uses their tablet etc
    I hope this might help/inform some of you guys.
    I'm using/testing this rom along with gm's kernel. I have not had wake SOD issue. It sometime takes a couple if clicks on the power button for it to wake, not sure if this is the issue you're referring to as SOD. Everything seems to work great so far. Netflix, audio, headphone all work well. I have always wanted some aokp flavor on this tab, and now that wish is granted thanks to the awesome work of pio, bb devs and gm.

S-Beamed from my GSIII via xda premium
    GM SOD Issue Resolved ( For Me)

I can now safely say after 4 days of testing that raising my minimum speed in the GM kernel to 312 Mhz has completely eliminated the SOD issues. I know that every device acts differently but this is working on mine!
    thanks for the tweaks and info! buti have never encountered a SOD. what happens? it just wont wake up after sleeping? if it happens can you just turn off your tablet by holding the power button or do you have to wait for it to die?

SoD is just a failure to resume from sleep, reset button or hold power will reset it to normal. Some tegra2 devices have it, some don't, even among the same series, like a100s. The best way to combat it is to not sleep, but of course battery sucks.

Sent from my Thrive - Unified B4 - Balthesaur V2.71
    Very nice, thanks for taking the time to put this together for the users. How did that kernel I built for you do?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2