[INFO] Status of Galaxy Nexus U.S.

Are you getting the LTE Galaxy Nexus or the GSM model?

• Total voters
Search This thread

dnlsmy

Sep 16, 2010
Tampa/Orlando, Florida
UPDATE: The Verge has a hands on with the Verizon Nexus. Should be out later this month.
Source:http://www.theverge.com/2011/12/3/2...ands-on?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

UPDATE: Here's a video of the VZW Nexus, rumored for a Dec 11 BestBuy Launch. Bootloader UNLOCKED :p
Source:http://youtu.be/iPzoSgTYxc4

UPDATE: Droid-Life has press shots of the VZW Nexus, eat your heart out.
Source: http://www.droid-life.com/2011/11/30/official-verizon-galaxy-nexus-press-shots-revealed/

UPDATE: Droid-Life has an interesting comparison chart which pegs the LTE Nexus coming in a 32GB flavor with "no OEM customization". Although it's nothing new, it does confirm a few things. Also, bear in mind carrier apps are NOT an OEM skin, so they might still be present.
Source: http://www.droid-life.com/2011/11/2...y-nexus-as-a-phone-with-no-oem-customization/

UPDATE: Droid-Life and other sites have gotten seen an ad for the LTE Nexus and it appears to have a $199.99 price tag. While some people assume that this is the price for the 16GB LTE Nexus, I feel that this is going to be the price of the 32GB version, as it lacks an SD card. As stated before, many LTE Nexus testers are denying that VZW is going to release a 16GB version, and this also coincides with what review sites are saying as well. Also, NegriElectronics have stated that they have heard from an inside VZW source that they will have a shipment to sell on Dec 9th. This means that VZW will have it at the latest by this date and maybe earlier, refuting the claim that it has a Dec 8th release date.

Source: http://www.droid-life.com/2011/11/2...xus-for-199-on-black-friday-according-to-ads/

UPDATE: The Picture of the LTE Nexus can be seen on droid-life.com. It's back in black.
http://www.droid-life.com/2011/11/23/thickness-comparison-lte-vs-gsm-galaxy-nexus/#more-53902

UPDATE: The LTE Model of the Nexus is now running 4.0.2 as reported by P3Droid (VERY reputable insider who actually has an LTE Nexus at this time). It is unclear on if it's just a bugfix or if it makes the phone faster. Leaning toward bugfixes considering it's a small jump.

UPDATE: The phone will be released in December, NOT 11/27 or 12/1 as reported by some. Also, the "Ghost Volume Bug" does NOT occur on the LTE Nexus so far, and does not occur on the GSM Nexus in the States either (900mHz bug as stated in the other threads).

Alright, I know many are wondering what is happening with this screwed up launch and why the Galaxy Nexus is taking so long to arrive here in the states, so I thought I would consolidate all the information in one thread.

First, I would like to address the LTE Nexus.

This phone IS CONFIRMED to arrive in a 32GB flavor and be exclusive to Verizon in the states. Now, considering that Verizon has no Galaxy S2 variant of their own, it is almost 100% likely that they made a deal with Google. The reason Google agreed to it was simply for the LTE hookup, because Verizon is the only carrier with "4G" and Sprint is dumping their WiMAX.

The official page @ http://www.google.com/nexus/#/tech-specs has seemed to confuse a bunch of people, as it now only says 16GB for all models, but this is probably incorrect. Firstly, it erroneously states "Varies" on Network, when it's a confirmed Verizon Exclusive, at least for the LTE/CDMA variant.

Now, for why it is delayed:

This seems to be a collaborative failure on both Google and Verizon's part. black_man_x (a very connected mobile phone insider) says:

Not placing the blame all on Verizon.. there are screw ups on both sides.

but it looks to be much more on Verizon's end than Google and Samsung's

If you can't code your ****ty carrier apps to work with a device or OS.. is that our issue or yours? #justsaying

to be honest everyone is tired of vzw bullshit. device is no longer a nexus due to their dumb ass games.. Unlocked works great on att..

and my favorite:

I'm tired of these "technical issue" rumors about the nexus delay.. Should just bring back the google.Com/phone address back

to back up the storage, he actually tested the 32GB LTE model and says there is no 16GB option for VZW:

As for the storage question.. would vzw release a cheaper less mem model and still charge the same amount? Does that answer your question?

So, with that being said, don't hold your breath on Verizon. They're the first carrier to actually put branding all over the Nexus line, so much so that they REMOVED the "Google" logo entirely for their logo.

So, Verizon faithfuls and hopefuls, what's your take on this whole launch fiasco?

Last edited:

wayneb02

Aug 22, 2011
Dayton
Waiting is annoying but its not like Verizon themselves came out and said it's coming out and specific date so it really hasn't been pushed back

type_2

Jun 20, 2011
California
I'm on Verizon right now with my Droid Charge. I really really want this phone, but verizon seems to be screwing everything up. As the days go on, it's making me want this phone less and less because I don't want to support Verizon for all their messed up policies and actions.

Vash63

Jun 10, 2009
That sounds about how I expected the situation. VZW screwing things up and trying to take control, Google letting it happen because they have no other LTE option.

dnlsmy

Sep 16, 2010
Tampa/Orlando, Florida
I mean, I would understand the need to test the phone, but come on! It's been announced since forever and I don't want the LTE version, just the GSM version. They should have done it like the Nexus S and released the CDMA 4G version later.

Sent from my Sensation using XDA App

TiltedAz

Oct 19, 2007
If the above is true... Gotta wonder if the 32gb version was part of a Vzn negotiated deal to encourage sales to buyers of unlocked devices. In any event 32gb unlocked devices should be available.

With the way Vzn has honked things up, I can only hope the clock is ticking on Vzn's exclusivity.

s.m.knipe

Aug 2, 2009
Shepherdstown, WV
You should have an option for "want LTE but not on Verizon" - AT&T (crappy as they can be, I know) have what, 11 cities now with LTE and an "aggressive" rollout for it in 2012? I'd rather have an LTE GN on AT&T- were this a perfect world, but I am sure they would try to bloat it just the same... [no Verizon 3G or 4G officially here in the eastern panhandle of WV]

spencer88

Apr 19, 2010
Columbia, SC
I sure hope it comes out soon before the verizon double data promotion expires. I really don't like Verizon but they have the best coverage and data speeds in my area, plus 4G LTE.

fdm1

May 4, 2009
I sure hope it comes out soon before the verizon double data promotion expires. I really don't like Verizon but they have the best coverage and data speeds in my area, plus 4G LTE.

Im right there with you. T-mo has a lot of black holes in places i go in chicago lately, and my with my wife's corp. discount, verizon will be $1 more per month for basically the same plan. I'm ready to switch if they would just release it already.

spencer88

Apr 19, 2010
Columbia, SC
Im right there with you. T-mo has a lot of black holes in places i go in chicago lately, and my with my wife's corp. discount, verizon will be $1 more per month for basically the same plan. I'm ready to switch if they would just release it already.

I also forgot to mention that I would get a 19 percent discount with my employer, so that makes the basic 4 GB (double data plan) like 70 something dollars, which I pay for now like 84 unlimited data with sprint (although unusable data because sprint sucks right now). I'll probably opt for the 10 gig plan because I plan on using the hell out of the 4G when I get it.

qnet

Oct 26, 2011
ATL
www.network-creations.net
As a VZW customer I hate all of this. I've never had to go through anything like this with other carriers but, admittedly; I've never waited on a phone before it launched. All my previous nexus phones were with T-mobile and, I bought them after release.

It's pretty frustrating but, there's nothing I can do about it. I don't actually need a new phone like some people. However, I do wish I had stayed with T-mobile, if I had; the Galaxy nexus would be on it's way from Handtec now. I also had great service with T-mobile in my city and, the HSPA+ was really fast.

dnlsmy

Sep 16, 2010
Tampa/Orlando, Florida
You should have an option for "want LTE but not on Verizon" - AT&T (crappy as they can be, I know) have what, 11 cities now with LTE and an "aggressive" rollout for it in 2012? I'd rather have an LTE GN on AT&T- were this a perfect world, but I am sure they would try to bloat it just the same... [no Verizon 3G or 4G officially here in the eastern panhandle of WV]

AT&T LTE is so far out from being widespread that the Nexus 4 will be out by then, along with the GS3 and HTC's "we-ran-out-of-names, with BEATS audio".

Don't get me wrong, I was dying for a GSM/LTE model, but it wouldn't be practical now.

Reactions: Lil Jones

spencer88

Apr 19, 2010
Columbia, SC
Damn guys that just stinks. No way around that one.

Yeah no kidding. Ever since 2010 the service has just gotten worse. I mean Sprint is going to improve and by the end of 2013 they (in theory) will have the best LTE and 3G network, I just don't want to pay for the unusable service until then. Hopefully it will be unlimited still.

At this point I'm just tired paying 80+ bucks a month for a service I'm not getting.

hotleadsingerguy

Jan 12, 2010
Yeah no kidding. Ever since 2010 the service has just gotten worse. I mean Sprint is going to improve and by the end of 2013 they (in theory) will have the best LTE and 3G network, I just don't want to pay for the unusable service until then. Hopefully it will be unlimited still.

At this point I'm just tired paying 80+ bucks a month for a service I'm not getting.

lol "best" LTE and 3G is a joke. They won't ever be best because they don't have the funding to be the best. They need to stop thinking they can actually compete with Verizon and AT&T. They could have the best service in the world, but they don't have, and can't get, the numbers required to be the best.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

AT&T LTE is so far out from being widespread that the Nexus 4 will be out by then, along with the GS3 and HTC's "we-ran-out-of-names, with BEATS audio".

Don't get me wrong, I was dying for a GSM/LTE model, but it wouldn't be practical now.

Really?:eek:

Do you have a source? If that's true I'm just importing the damn thing, but I would like for them to fix the volume bug before then (I know it won't affect me, but if I'm paying $700, I would like to have the best hardware revision possible).

Read the Canadian specific pre-order thread. Bell/Virgin is selling them for $650 CAD.

On a side note, would it be cheaper to import it via a contact or from a third party? (like Handtec)

Third party. If you have a friend in the UK buy it then send it, you get hit with 20% VAT. Importing directly from Handtec / Clove you skip the 20% VAT because they know its leaving the country.

Lmaoo didn't notice it was GBP.... Well that sux... Hopefull the price will go down, i will be will to pay about 700 if it was 32 gb... There isnt going to be a 32 gb HSPA huh?

Prices will definitely go down over time. There are no indications of when/if we'll see a 32gb HSPA+ version.
    We don't know. We haven't heard a single rumor that points towards an official US launch of the HSPA+ version though.

We wont see an official US launch of the HSPA+ version until well into the new year because Verizon is cockblocking a launch with their exclusivity.
    So, I've read through the entire thread and lurked about ever since the spawning of the Galaxy Nexus category on XDA. I haven't followed close enough attention to the specs of the Nexus. Does it have the bands to operate on T-mo's HSPA+ network? I refuse to switch to Verizon, as they have managed to become the first carrier to successfully tarnish the Nexus line of devices with their crap bloatware and stupid logo.

It should work on any GSM band in the world (I believe)
    So, I've read through the entire thread and lurked about ever since the spawning of the Galaxy Nexus category on XDA. I haven't followed close enough attention to the specs of the Nexus. Does it have the bands to operate on T-mo's HSPA+ network? I refuse to switch to Verizon, as they have managed to become the first carrier to successfully tarnish the Nexus line of devices with their crap bloatware and stupid logo.

Yes. We all ordered it.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone