General [Info] Vivo X80 Pro

Search This thread

frcraig

Jan 3, 2017
Halifax
If your device has the Origin OS Ocean firmware then you can change the default launcher, but only after registering a Vivo Account (you can do this by e-mail - you don't need a Mainland China phone number). Sign into your Vivo Account (at the top of your devices "settings") and then go to Settings/Security/More Security Settings/ Replace the System Launcher.

Cleyton Oliveira

Jul 23, 2022
Use o aplicativo ADB AppControl, por odinstalować lub wyłączyć chińskie aplicativo. Zachowałem niektóre z nich, takie jak Vivo Notes, ponieważ działają dobrze w języku angielskim bez żadnych chińskich litro.

Eu uso um aplicativo chamado ADB AppControl para desinstalar ou desabilitar os aplicativos chineses. Eu mantive alguns deles, como o Vivo Notes, porque eles funcionam bem em inglês sem nenhuma letra chines

frcraig

Jan 3, 2017
Halifax
Use textra it works good with origin
Notifications appear for Textra with system wide dark mode (unlike Google Messages), but when I activate Google Assistant and tell it to send a text message it kept opening the default Vivo app (even though I had Textra set as default), so I finally switched to Chomp and it gets notifications in dark mode and opens with Google Assistant voice commands. Lots of trial and error, but I know have the Origin OS Ocean operating system looking and working almost the same as my Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra. I have to tap the Google Assistant icon to activate voice commands, and can't use Android Auto, but I am happy with the setup.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No, because VIVO won't unlock the bootloader. I have the Chinese version and am very happy with it. I uninstalled all the Chinese apps and replaced them with Google apps. The only things that don't work on the CN firmware are Android Auto, "OK Google" voice activation (you have to tap the icon to launch it), Google maps history, and Google backup. I normally turn off my map history anyway and use a 3rd party data backup app.
    Is your phone set to system wide dark mode? I have the Vivo X Note with the same Origin OS Ocean China firmware, and some of my third party messaging apps, like Google Messages, for example, ring and vibrate but don't receive notifications in status bar or lock screen when my phone is in dark mode. In light mode they show up. I don't use Facebook Messenger, but try changing from dark to light and see if it fixes your problem.
    So after a lot of research and phone calls to my carrier, I figured out why some of us have the VoLTE option in Settings/Mobile Networks/Sim and others don't. The options that appear when you insert a Sim card tell the Origin OS Ocean firmware whether or not to display the 5G, VoLTE, and WiFi Calling toggles in that submenu. When you first insert your Sim card the phone sends model and firmware information to your carrier. If your model and firmware are 'supported' by your carrier, then those options appear. If not they don't appear then you can't activate them. Why would your carrier 'support' some phones and not others? The carriers charge a 'certification fee' to the phone manufacturer to have their phone put onto the carrier's 'supported' list for VoLTE and WiFi Calling. If Vivo sells a lot of phones to a region they will pay the fee (bribe) for the carrier to add them to the list of supported devices. If you live in an area like Nova Scotia where Vivo sells very few phones, it is not in Vivo's best interests to pay the fee and thus the carrier won't provision those services. Vivo and other Chinese brands are much more common in the UK and Europe than they are in Canada or the United States. Britain in particular, with its historic trade, migration, and former colonial ties to Hong Kong has always been a venue for Chinese mobile phone re-sellers, and the German company Tradingshenzhen has made Chinese phones popular and common in Europe.
    Mogę żyć bez Androida Auto :) ... Dzięki za konkretną odpowiedź. Myślę, że w przyszłym tygodniu dostanę X80Pro i zacznę testować. Potrzebujesz programu do usuwania chińskiego apk, czy można je wszystkie usunąć z szuflady?
    Użyłem aplikacji o nazwie ADB AppControl, aby odinstalować lub wyłączyć chińskie aplikacje. Zachowałem niektóre z nich, takie jak Vivo Notes, ponieważ działają dobrze w języku angielskim bez żadnych chińskich liter.

I used an app called ADB AppControl to uninstall or disable the Chinese apps. I kept some of them, like Vivo Notes, because they work fine in English without any Chinese letters.
    As do I.

What software version are you on? I'm on 12.0.12.4 but I'm using the trial version in the extra options, I think it has worse battery life
    I also did the beta upgrade to 12.0.12.4. It was vague about what bug fixes it brought, other than fixing notifications for a few Mainland China messaging apps like QQ. I didn't notice any difference in battery life. I've put all my regular apps and most Google apps into the high battery use category and turned off power saving by deleting. The phone is working great except for one issue: there are no VoLTE or Wifi options showing up under Settings/Mobile Networks/Sim. I can toggle on 5g and pick up a 5g signal right away, but without VoLTE enabled voice calls drop to 3g. That isn't an issue in Canada as we still have all our 3g voice backup towers up and running, but the US, where I frequently travel, have shut down 3g. I can't manually edit or replace my APN settings, but I did find a system .xml file that Vivo uses to force given APN settings for every carrier in the world, and when I scroll through it and find my carrier, the settings that it specifies won't get me VoLTE and although I can edit the document I can't save the changes. I'll keep working on it though until I fix it and post an update. Is your VoLTE working?