[INFO][WIP][ CyanogenMod 11 - Started - For Huawei Ascend P7 ]

Search This thread

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
Hello !

<<< Working In Progress - Cyanogen Mod 11 - For Huawei ascend P7 >>>

First, I want to thank you again to all those who have contributed for my P7 device ! ( Huawei Ascend P7 Donors )

I started working to CyanogenMod 11 few days before, ( I started Saturday ) and today was the first day that the device was opened successfully into CyanogenMod .

Because is the first early build, at this time almost all important functions are not operable ... this is normal for the first build.

I will continue to work in this project in my spare time , but will be a long way until we will get a fully functional rom .

I'll keep you posted here with my progress - please do not ask what is working and what not or when will be released !

As soon as CM11 for Huawei Ascend P7 will be ready for beta testers , the new Thread will be created into Ascend P7 Original Android Development .

Besides the two questions mentioned above, you are welcome to ask/post what you think regarding the new project - CM11 for Huawei ascend P7 .

Screenshots :

Screenshot_2014_10_27_21_57_15.png
Screenshot_2014_10_27_21_54_26.png
Screenshot_2014_10_27_21_54_07.png

Best regards !

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello !

<<< Working In Progress - Cyanogen Mod 11 - For Huawei ascend P7 >>>

First, I want to thank you again to all those who have contributed for my P7 device ! ( Huawei Ascend P7 Donors )

I started working to CyanogenMod 11 few days before, ( I started Saturday ) and today was the first day that the device was opened successfully into CyanogenMod .

Because is the first early build, at this time almost all important functions are not operable ... this is normal for the first build.

I will continue to work in this project in my spare time , but will be a long way until we will get a fully functional rom .

I'll keep you posted here with my progress - please do not ask what is working and what not or when will be released !

As soon as CM11 for Huawei Ascend P7 will be ready for beta testers , the new Thread will be created into Ascend P7 Original Android Development .

Besides the two questions mentioned above, you are welcome to ask/post what you think regarding the new project - CM11 for Huawei ascend P7 .

Screenshots :

Screenshot_2014_10_27_21_57_15.png
    Screenshot_2014_10_27_21_54_26.png
    Screenshot_2014_10_27_21_54_07.png

Best regards !
    Custom kernel for Ascend P7 !

Hello !

I'm sorry I didn't come with good news about CM11 , but project was not and still is not abandoned !

Are there some problems that I have not yet managed to solve ... Yes, it seems that it is more difficult to implement CM11 for this device, comparative with younger brother Ascend P6 - I can say this now, after almost two months of work on this project .

Good for the moment is that we can use kernel source code from Huawei, for build our custom kernel - and should work on any version of firmware, but for moment was not tested on EMUI 3.0

If I'll have some free time, I'll try to release the first custom kernel for this device with several enhancements and new features !

Below is a picture with my first working custom kernel for Ascend P7 , running on B138 Firmware !

Screenshots :

Screenshot_2014_12_13_13_33_09.jpg
    Hi Petru,

Keeping fingers crossed on this project. Hopefully you can use the benefits of the kernel source.

Salutations from Romania!

Sent from my HUAWEI P7-L10 using Tapatalk

Hello !

Thanks ...:eek:

Unfortunately the kernel source code is totally unaccommodating, and at this time I'm not able to build a working kernel . After a few days to working on kernel , I managed to bring some progress -> device boot ( I can take a logcat ) but still have some issues.

Anyway I'll try to focus my attention on those issues ( kernel and CM11 build ) in the next weeks.

Best regards !
    Only for advanced developer !!!

Hello !

I'll try to put into may github , "device tree" for build CM11 , maybe someone with more knowledge will succeed more ....

Your final build will boot into CM11, but here are many issues as you'll can see.

Best regards !

Edit :

Source code into my github cm11-p7 !
    surdu_petru: Will this Rom accept all variants since I have L-12 Latinoamerican Rom and I would like to use this custom Rom called Cyanogenmod 11. Thanks:confused:

Hello !

When will be ready , will be only for P7-L10 , but because this rom, will change in your device only system and boot partitions , I think will work on other variants with a few minimal changes ...

However it is still very much work, so please do not expect a beta release very soon .

Best regards !