[INFO][WIP][ CyanogenMod 11 - Started - For Huawei Ascend P7 ]

Search This thread

manfreed

Jun 13, 2010
Unfortunately at the moment I can not guarantee when will be ready and whether it will be 100% functional !

I believe you should share your work with the public. Maybe other developers, or users could help you solving the problems you have or do some testing for you. Other developers could join in the development, or at least learn from your work. I believe in the power of an open source community, it must be more efficient to work on something as a community rather than working on it alone.

I can even imagine that others aren't working on cyanogenmod because they are waiting for you. So please share your progress, tell us about where you stuck, maybe someone can help. The ultimate goal would be to have a proper rom, isn't it?

Ziolek67

Sep 21, 2014
Moon
I believe you should share your work with the public. Maybe other developers, or users could help you solving the problems you have or do some testing for you. Other developers could join in the development, or at least learn from your work. I believe in the power of an open source community, it must be more efficient to work on something as a community rather than working on it alone.

I can even imagine that others aren't working on cyanogenmod because they are waiting for you. So please share your progress, tell us about where you stuck, maybe someone can help. The ultimate goal would be to have a proper rom, isn't it?
I believe... you are or an politician.

Sent from my HUAWEI P7-L10

Falcon1

Dec 20, 2011
Being assertive

No.. it's good sense.

Sent from my HUAWEI P7-L10 using XDA Free mobile app

Common sense is that by now if someone had dedicated part of the time to this rom to design Cyanogenmod 11, at least we could see an ALPHA or BETA to help with the bugs and donations as well and so on, but the reality is that this rom has not shown signifficant work so far. Sorry to say this but is what I see according to the whole comments in this thread even developers comments and excuses. P-8 will arrive next month and do not expect to find any custom rom for that device for long time if p-7 does not have it yet taking into account that it arrived in the mid of 2014. :eek:

Last edited:

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
Only for advanced developer !!!

Hello !

I'll try to put into may github , "device tree" for build CM11 , maybe someone with more knowledge will succeed more ....

Your final build will boot into CM11, but here are many issues as you'll can see.

Best regards !

Edit :

Source code into my github cm11-p7 !

Last edited:

Onno Heemskerk

Feb 18, 2015
Really nice news. 2015-2

Hello sir,

This is really great news! I can't wait for this. Please can you make a shout how long it is going to take from now to launch it?! ;)

kidi

Dec 14, 2014
Hrvatska
Cyanogenmod12

Hello,

Could any of you please make a cyanogenmod11 or 12 rom for this device using surdu_petru files that he've put on his github? We all want to have 5.0.2 (or 5.1) Lollipop (that's CM12) with a real performance and battery improvements, instead of themes and old firmwares, aint I right? Plus there are instructions on how to make a cyanogenmod12 rom for any device, and its quite simple, just takes a bit of time.

Best regards,
James

sympi

Feb 11, 2013
Of course CM is the best in terms of everything but porting CyanogenMod to a new device can be extremely easy or extremely difficult. As far as I'm concerned porting CM to Huawei is not so easy :).

mausekeks

Mar 25, 2015
hi guys,
@surdu_petru
your source on githhub... you say that i must copy files from various folders to system

which files or which folders i must include there please give me a short but detailed answer about this and when you need to test cm on a huawei then please send me a message per pn and i will send you my whatsapp number or something else and then i will test it for you. because this project (i tKnow its very difficult) takes now a long time and every user or cm fan with a huawei ascend p7 will honor you when this project works finally (i know a few bugs are always present).

LG Mausekeks

sorry for my english i do not verry offen write a so specific text :p:cowboy::D

CT-CRC

Aug 8, 2014
San Jose
Sucks to see the ball dropped on this... I'm sure this device has great potential under a ROM like CM.
It's been a lot of time and no news... If I had any knowledge on Android Development, I'd have definitely jumped on this and put as much work as possible.
Thanks for trying guys!

Reactions: Morphine1

djmosquis

Jul 23, 2015
CM12

I think that today it´s time to develop CM12 in this device. I want to be a developer but I´m starting on it. I want AOSP on this device becuse EMUI It´s no so beatiful like android Lollipop.

Reactions: luca3011

l3Nni

Nov 3, 2014
I started a thread on CM device request...please support it and maybe we can finally get this ROM.
http://forum.cyanogenmod.org/topic/112883-huawei-ascend-p7/#entry528771

Inviato dal mio HUAWEI P7-L10 con XDA Forums Pro.
Does anybody have experiences about how good the chance is to make them supporting our device due to some post in their forum? I do not want to be pessimistic, but I believe (sadly) it is minimal.

But anyway, it is nice that you all care about our device and search for a way to get cm. Thank you all for that!

sympi

Feb 11, 2013
It is minimal. Porting CM can be extremely easy or extremely hard. Developers aren't interested in it, because Huawei's devices are a bit unpopular. Most devs are focused on popular devices like Samsung/Sony. They have a huge audience out there.

IMO devs don't want to waste time to port CM for like 50ppl.

Wysłane z mojego HUAWEI P7-L10 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Reactions: l3Nni

tuxfusion

Nov 23, 2013
It is minimal. Porting CM can be extremely easy or extremely hard. Developers aren't interested in it, because Huawei's devices are a bit unpopular. Most devs are focused on popular devices like Samsung/Sony. They have a huge audience out there.

IMO devs don't want to waste time to port CM for like 50ppl.

I'm afraid that is non sense. You should check your numbers before posting.

"Huawei announced that it sold 48.2 million smartphones in the first six months of 2015"

Source : http://www.androidcentral.com/huawei-posts-revenue-increase-87-first-half-2015-smartphone-sales-39

sympi

Feb 11, 2013
Where did I say that Huawei haven't sold 48.2 million smartphones?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello !

<<< Working In Progress - Cyanogen Mod 11 - For Huawei ascend P7 >>>

First, I want to thank you again to all those who have contributed for my P7 device ! ( Huawei Ascend P7 Donors )

I started working to CyanogenMod 11 few days before, ( I started Saturday ) and today was the first day that the device was opened successfully into CyanogenMod .

Because is the first early build, at this time almost all important functions are not operable ... this is normal for the first build.

I will continue to work in this project in my spare time , but will be a long way until we will get a fully functional rom .

I'll keep you posted here with my progress - please do not ask what is working and what not or when will be released !

As soon as CM11 for Huawei Ascend P7 will be ready for beta testers , the new Thread will be created into Ascend P7 Original Android Development .

Besides the two questions mentioned above, you are welcome to ask/post what you think regarding the new project - CM11 for Huawei ascend P7 .

Screenshots :

Screenshot_2014_10_27_21_57_15.png
    Screenshot_2014_10_27_21_54_26.png
    Screenshot_2014_10_27_21_54_07.png

Best regards !
    Custom kernel for Ascend P7 !

Hello !

I'm sorry I didn't come with good news about CM11 , but project was not and still is not abandoned !

Are there some problems that I have not yet managed to solve ... Yes, it seems that it is more difficult to implement CM11 for this device, comparative with younger brother Ascend P6 - I can say this now, after almost two months of work on this project .

Good for the moment is that we can use kernel source code from Huawei, for build our custom kernel - and should work on any version of firmware, but for moment was not tested on EMUI 3.0

If I'll have some free time, I'll try to release the first custom kernel for this device with several enhancements and new features !

Below is a picture with my first working custom kernel for Ascend P7 , running on B138 Firmware !

Screenshots :

Screenshot_2014_12_13_13_33_09.jpg
    Hi Petru,

Keeping fingers crossed on this project. Hopefully you can use the benefits of the kernel source.

Salutations from Romania!

Sent from my HUAWEI P7-L10 using Tapatalk

Hello !

Thanks ...:eek:

Unfortunately the kernel source code is totally unaccommodating, and at this time I'm not able to build a working kernel . After a few days to working on kernel , I managed to bring some progress -> device boot ( I can take a logcat ) but still have some issues.

Anyway I'll try to focus my attention on those issues ( kernel and CM11 build ) in the next weeks.

Best regards !
    Only for advanced developer !!!

Hello !

I'll try to put into may github , "device tree" for build CM11 , maybe someone with more knowledge will succeed more ....

Your final build will boot into CM11, but here are many issues as you'll can see.

Best regards !

Edit :

Source code into my github cm11-p7 !
    surdu_petru: Will this Rom accept all variants since I have L-12 Latinoamerican Rom and I would like to use this custom Rom called Cyanogenmod 11. Thanks:confused:

Hello !

When will be ready , will be only for P7-L10 , but because this rom, will change in your device only system and boot partitions , I think will work on other variants with a few minimal changes ...

However it is still very much work, so please do not expect a beta release very soon .

Best regards !