InfoTM X220 ROM Q&A

Search This thread

Igoritza

May 23, 2008
Belgrade
MOD EDIT: These posts have been pruned from the development thread. DO NOT post questions in the development thread.

ok, i read somewhere on slatedroid, that one could remove "register" button, by renaming a file via root explorer. and i cant find the damn thread anywhere now, cause the topic was something else. anyone, the name of the file, and a possibly a location ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jiggity Janx

Feb 19, 2010
ok, i read somewhere on slatedroid, that one could remove "register" button, by renaming a file via root explorer. and i cant find the damn thread anywhere now, cause the topic was something else. anyone, the name of the file, and a possibly a location ?

I don't recall that we're able to remove the register button by renaming a file, but if you rename the checkin service .apk extension to something else (or freeze it in titanium backup) it won't continue to ask you to register and you can press the button and nothing will happen.

If you do find a file to rename to remove the button itself, please do share...

mellz1938

Jan 17, 2011
Hi, I have the same Huawei adapter, and when you enable PIN on the simcard, does it come up with a enter PIN screen on yours? (and FAILS? Even if the pin code is correct?)

I gave exactly the same problem. Asks for PIN and won't accept it.
I know PIN is correct because the dame moden abd pin work fine with my Windows XP computer.

Aameiel

Jan 11, 2011
after downloading the update 3 times it finally worked .. it asked to reboot so i did before i entered the code i made sure it was connected to my wireless network entered the key that came with the device and it worked right off the bat so after that i rebooted the tablet and everything is working perfect can make calls on skype now yay

Attachments

• 2011-1-16-22-25-42.jpg
    2011-1-16-22-25-42.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 459

pecana

Jan 7, 2011
I gave exactly the same problem. Asks for PIN and won't accept it.
I know PIN is correct because the dame moden abd pin work fine with my Windows XP computer.

just deactivate PIN request from your windows machine (the request settings are stored on the sim card) and it will works XD

base06

Jan 10, 2011
hello
firmware update 1568 does not work for me with SD card
if you have a solution ???:confused:

merci

urphonesux

Jun 24, 2008
Captiva
try this if u cant register ur tab.

BEFORE u flash to a new firmware use root explorer to go to cache/profile/ and delete the file in that folder
now flash the tablet whichever way works for you
once u connect to the wifi enter ur original registration and it should work

chachi

Mar 26, 2007
San Jose, California
success with the 1568 update.zip ... for whatever reason it didnt like my 2gb or 4gb SDHC cards but when I found an old 1gb Kingston one it happily upgraded itself

(shrug)

unfortunately cat broke the screen, glass is spiderwebbed but the LCD is undamaged and the touchscreen works fine, is the aforementioned £32 eBay replacement what I need then or is there a cheaper alternative given the two expensive/important bits are fine?

dcoelho

Aug 23, 2005
Lisboa
try this if u cant register ur tab.

BEFORE u flash to a new firmware use root explorer to go to cache/profile/ and delete the file in that folder
now flash the tablet whichever way works for you
once u connect to the wifi enter ur original registration and it should work

I haven't my registration. So, that, It will not work for me.
Anyway, all apps and market are working. I renamed the wowupdate.apk, so, I'm not seing the annoying registration pop-up. The only annoying thing I see yet is the word RGISTER in the upper bar. I can leave peacefully with such annoying word.

alexrb

Jan 15, 2011
Rio de Janeiro
goo.gl
remove 3G signal from status bar & 1561 update!

Please,

Do someone know how can I remove that stupid 3G signal from the status bar at the top screen? This tablet doesn't have a phone app, of course, neither 3G, so, I'd like to get rid of this...

And what about the "1561 update"? Does it worth the download? Does it remove installed apps? If someone got it, I'd like to know what is new... Thanks!

pecana

Jan 7, 2011
Please,

Do someone know how can I remove that stupid 3G signal from the status bar at the top screen? This tablet doesn't have a phone app, of course, neither 3G, so, I'd like to get rid of this...

And what about the "1561 update"? Does it worth the download? Does it remove installed apps? If someone got it, I'd like to know what is new... Thanks!

As i know 3g status bar only appears if you enable 3G connection into the 3G settings applecation. by the way an useful program to manage connection (wifi, gps, bluetooht, 3G) easly and quicliy is quicksettings available on the market and free :)

pecana

Jan 7, 2011
I've just installed 1561 via update and all of my data has been gone ( I' ve passed nandroid. )
Whatever...
Seems same, should be say a very little bit fast.
Also a few small ui changes all around.

I installed this update too, then i removed wowHome and the original Launcher and replace them with LauncherPro it's really faster than never :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    just erase all files in the folder

@reka rename wowupdate.apk to wowupdate.txt

use root explorer and go to system/app to find it
    this will get rid of the register pop up but the button will still be on ur notification bar. if u press it it will just say that ur version is pirated but everything will still work fine except for system update
    I installed the update right now.
    They fix the installation (Don't need to wipe memory or fabric reset)
    seem that now only the sd card between the usb can be c: (before the card u insert for first was c:)
    renamed iomanager
    if i notice something else i will tell you

sorry for the bad english
    ai ai ai,
    happend now stuck on green screenshot :eek:
    help pleas

See my post from yesterday,
    go again too recovery, clear cache, factory restore and install update again.
    That worked for me.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App
    oufff! never despair after more than 25 trials
    Me is successful LOL
    mystery remains why so many problem

merci mon pote :D

Check with this:

Hi guys,

I explain my experience:

I have upgrade from 1170 to 1480, no problem with this file and method: w w w . megaupload. com / ?d=WN82D9E2 thanks fdomi

Worked fine, yesterday I can see that different people, my brothers too, received menssage to upgrade OTA, but only from version 1170, and me, trying directly from system update app it sayed no update because I had the last version. I tryed to upgrade to version 1568 by this method: megaupload.com/?d=3IH456VJ thanks veryjo

No pass from green screen and restart several times the tablet. Also trying with wipe factory and cache.

To recovery the tablet make method again version 1480, perfect!!!!!! show me regis the tablet, put my number, appers error registering but finnaly registered the tablet.

I wanted the official upgrade OTA, I take the 5 files from: w w w . hotfilesearch.com/download/42200688-user-jaws211066.1030PR-deb-r2.1.1170.rar.html thanks veryjo again and put into android folder of method 1568.

Now I have official version 1170, registered tablet and messange OTA to upgrade to version 1561.

That is all, I hope I can help you this information
    Official FLYTOUCH II weg page with FW, etc downloads

Hi,

I just talked to my seller of the flytouch II and he gave me this web page as the official support for flytouch II:

http://www.epad.hk/

You have to choose series "IN"
    and then "IN1001"

you will find links to the latest official firmware, latest flash player (10.14) , application market for the flytouch II and to Navione GPS navigation software! :D