Infrared transmitter dongle/adapter for the HD2

Search This thread

Manicmobileaddict

Apr 4, 2009
Well I went and got an Evo on day one instead of an HD2 so now I'm hoping an Android version of Totalremote might happen (in my dreams) so I can try out my converter on it. Has anyone tried making their own converter (since it's no longer made) from some earbuds and downloading Totalremote (free)?

Axel85

May 9, 2010
Hi i ve tried total remote on my acer s200,a device pretty similar to hd2 apart from the ram (256mb).The old one seems to run on wm 6.5 but crash when i try to opne the menu.If i remain in the default remote (a sony one) the application seems to work.If you give me support in the software part,i can try hardware because i m a tecnichan

Axel85

May 9, 2010
no,no solution,but seems like something is in development...sadly can t remember the site.You can try with infrared remote android on google

mgdev

Oct 22, 2009
RedEye Mini

Has anyone seen any source code to connect the RedEye mini to an android phone, or any other phone.

Has anyone had any success at transmitting an IR signal using the HD2s audio output.

mgdev

Oct 22, 2009
@scariola

Yes I did see this, it does have possibilities but there are two main problems.

The first is that any device attached to the USB port in host mode need its own power, like a battery, not as simple as something like the RedEye mini.

The second is that you have to reset the HD2 every time you want to change from host to client mode.