Infuse Green Theme with BIOS Boot animation

Search This thread

thumbsinblack

Aug 7, 2011
Seattle, WA
S7, but went back to Dlev's bootanimation.I switch them alot, have 20 or so bootanimations stored on my hard drive. :D

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 AM ----------

It has Bedwa's Infusion GB 1.1 kernel in it, but people tend to swap out to Community or Entropy's DailyDriver sometimes. But since it already comes with Bedwa's kernal, let's do that one.:D

I've been running on Infusion 1.1 as well but I figured I'd ask if you had any preferences, file posted above now.

Reactions: bigfau

bigfau

Inactive Recognized Developer
I teied to flash this using CWM but it didnt change anything still had tbe original boot screen. Any suggestions please let me know.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA App

Paste to system/ media. If you want to keep Dlev original bootanimation rename it .bak. Then reboot. Profit. :)

I'm not a developer but I try to play one on XDA. Seriously I'm not a developer. DlevROM Yo!

mav2092

Aug 12, 2011
Jacksonville, FL
Thank you big i got it now and it looks great thank you thumbsinblack for making this for the dlev rom :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well I went looking for one of those cheesy BIOS bootanimations and for the life of me couldn't find one for the Infuse. So I made one based on the layouts originally used HERE and I thank frysee for his work and the inspiration as well as for porting for so many other devices. And I said to myself, self, if I'm bored enough to do this I might as well do some theming work to go along with it. I also really like green so I figured I'd dress my install of S7 up a bit with even more green icons than it already has! Attached is a copy of the package I put together with the mighty help of the UOT Kitchen. I know its cheating but I figured I know where everything goes to do it manually but I was in a meeting and bored and felt like being lazy. I am also including the zip of just the bootanimation in case you guys don't like green as much as I do. I take no responsibility if you bork your phone, this worked for me but may no for you and thats your own choice to make, but if youre flashing you probably already know that. I have only tried this mod on Infused 2, S7, and I do not know what it will do to any other ROMs. I'm not a dev and am using projects like this to learn so your patience is appreciated.

Short instructions as I forgot to include them originally.
    The green icons packages are flashable through CWM. (BACKUP FIRST THEN FLASH)

The bootanimation.zip you can just copy and place in your /system/media folder or your /data/local folder and rename it to just bootanimation.zip. You must make sure there is a bootanimation in only ONE of those folders though or it may default to either a blank screen or still play the original bootanimation. Most ROMs for the Infuse seem to use the/system/media folder for the "stock"location but so long as there is only one bootannimation on your phone either should work for any ROM that will work on our phones. There is no need to extract the files if you place it in the folders this way just leave it as a .zip and Droid will know what to do with it.

Contents:
    Modified framework-res.apk - to add icons and colors
    Modified SystemUI.apk - More fonts and colors
    Modified bootscreen.zip - to add Infused based boot animation.
    Various tweaks and mods to alter window/pop up properties to add overscroll (droid green) and animate windows with a fly in effect.

EDIT: I noticed that some roms like Dlev already have a lot of window effects and very specific icon controls (as Dlev does beautifully) this mod can cause issues with loading past the initial icon load after your fist unlock. I would be very careful if you use this on any ROMs that already have a lot of screen transition effects as this could result in bad joojoo. Use it at your own risk but hey, isn't that what Nandroid backups are for? DO THEM BEFORE YOU EVER FLASH ANYTHING NEW TO YOUR PHONE. EVER.

EDIT: 10/16 Added Infused 2 specific boot at request. Corrected some errors in the reported available memory.
    EDIT: 10/21 Added Dlev specific boot and a Dlev friendly flash of my preferred Dial Battery and some more green icons. This also alters the notifications drop down to replace the green bottom bar with a stock GB bar (I like green but it looked a little off to me so I changed it). I also darkened the overscroll bounce a bit to make the colors match a bit more evenly. Any greens I could easily get at are now HEX A4C639 which is supposedly the stock droid color "Android green" for any who care.

Green Theme icons and BIOS Boot for non animated type roms (Infused 2, S7, etc)
    http://www.mediafire.com/?q42z014um4uz4e0

Green icons and small theme mods and Dial gauge style battery for Dlev Rom
    http://www.mediafire.com/?m48p7a0byud4n6a

Serendipity 7 BIOS bootanimation.zip
    http://www.mediafire.com/?sw5x5nflcnwpbha

Infused 2 BIOS bootanimation.zip
    http://www.mediafire.com/?5ioqpvohv4exjq4

DlevROM BIOS bootanimation.zip
    http://www.mediafire.com/?gasaflh39khbyoi

a%3E
    BIOS-Boot-263668067
    infused_2_bootanimation_by_thumbsinblack-d4dkbia.gif
    dlevboot_by_thumbsinblack-d4dkaob.gif
    infuse_s7_bios_boot_by_thumbsinblack-d4czbkz.gif

a%3E
    a%3E
    a%3E
    Ok. Since I'm running dlev what should I rename it? And just to make sure I'm clear on this just move the zip over I don't extract it?

hey Big what .zip file do you download the S7 or the current one?
    Hey Big, I've been doing a lot of 12 hour days but tomorrow I am going to try and make a Dlev specific one (as it's what I've been running for a few weeks now as my DD) Any requests for a particular kernel to be listed?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda premium
    S7, but went back to Dlev's bootanimation.I switch them alot, have 20 or so bootanimations stored on my hard drive. :D

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 AM ----------

It has Bedwa's Infusion GB 1.1 kernel in it, but people tend to swap out to Community or Entropy's DailyDriver sometimes. But since it already comes with Bedwa's kernal, let's do that one.:D

I've been running on Infusion 1.1 as well but I figured I'd ask if you had any preferences, file posted above now.