• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Initial Impressions of Vanku A10 PX6 4/64

Search This thread

comptechltd

Apr 18, 2011
Illinois
I just purchased a Vanku PX6 A10 4g/64g from amazon. Here is the link Amazon Link

I am coming from an Atoto A6 which I purchased last year. While the Atoto is fairly stable and in my opinion somewhat robust it was a dog stuck on android 6 with fairly low spec's. I purchased the Vanku and all I can say is WOW. I am very impressed. When I first opened the box I hooked it up on my bench at first and the first boot was maybe 20 seconds until fully operational. Warm boot is maybe a second. I did go ahead and root it while I had it on the bench which worked perfectly based on the instructions I found on here. As of right now I am keeping the stock ROM. I used to always use Malysk's ROM and may in the future upgrade to his or to the HAL 9K but for now I really haven't seen any need to......This thing does everything I want it to. So far the only software I have installed (all of which I am extremely happy with) Is Agama Launcher, NavRadio+, PowerAmp, Total Commander, Atoto TPMS and MTCDialer. Everything has integrated super well together. Using the 'Google" button on Agama I can play any song on Power Amp or make a bluetooth call to anyone in my phone contacts or obviously do a google search. I bought this unit over the Pumpkin for a couple of reasons, The Vanku has an MTCE Mcu while I was told by the seller that the pumpkin of the same spec had a CSN2 Mcu. Also the reseller stated the Pumpkin was NOT compatible with any of the TPMS units available. This is my 5th android head unit and also is the first one that I was able to get the steering wheel button to operate without using a separate module. I was able to wire them direct.

Some PROS:
-Super fast at everything, boot, software loading, executing.....just WOW

-The microphone is very clear. I have both internal and external microphones hooked up and working and everyone I have talked to on the phone said my voice was very clear.

-The first thing I was going to do when I got it was put a bigger heat sink in it. Once I opened it up I found it had a very robust, finned heatsink attached directly to the processor without the small cover plate that I have heard about on some others.

Some CONS:
-For some reason some of the newer HU's are not using a standard size double DIN bezel. This unit would not fit in my Metra panel so I had to use the Dremel on the panel to make it a couple of mm bigger width and height.

-The MCU is an MTCE-HT. This is not as common and haven't found much information about upgrading it.

-I have one small spot in the upper portion of the touch screen on the left side that is not as responsive as the rest.

This is just my initial observations and I was not prompted to post this.

I have no idea how this will hold up in the long term but for right now I am super satisfied and give it an A+

Power Button (Long press volume knob)

Hi

So, After your response to my questions in another thread, I bought one of these and currently have it on my bench prepping for installation in my Van. I wondered if you knew what the deal was with the Long Press of the volume knob. The unit says 'shutting down', screen goes dark, but it still consumes about 10 watts. I have the red and yellow wires permanently connected to 12V as this is going into a campervan and will run off the leisure battery, so I don't want it to shut down when the ignition is turned off.

I had hoped to get it to shut down with the long press (which is what my old Ownice C200 used to do).

Cold boot is so fast that I am not really concerned about sleep mode. Maybe Malaysk custom rom offers some means to force shutdown from long press of volume knob?

Thanks

comptechltd

Apr 18, 2011
Illinois
Hi

So, After your response to my questions in another thread, I bought one of these and currently have it on my bench prepping for installation in my Van. I wondered if you knew what the deal was with the Long Press of the volume knob. The unit says 'shutting down', screen goes dark, but it still consumes about 10 watts. I have the red and yellow wires permanently connected to 12V as this is going into a campervan and will run off the leisure battery, so I don't want it to shut down when the ignition is turned off.

I had hoped to get it to shut down with the long press (which is what my old Ownice C200 used to do).

Cold boot is so fast that I am not really concerned about sleep mode. Maybe Malaysk custom rom offers some means to force shutdown from long press of volume knob?

Thanks

I am trying to figure out exactly how the 'standby' function works myself. I'm sure it has something to do with battery voltage but can't be sure. You can look at the Malaysk Rom or the HAL9k. I think the HAL9k offers a shutdown button but can't remember. The only problem with HAL9k is for right now you have to downgrade to Android 9 until he releases an updated version but there is a utility to easily downgrade to Android 9 called modinstaller. So far I have mine rooted (Android 10) and have it configured and working so well I can't find a good reason to change ROM's yet. I'm sure I will once the HAL9k for android 10 comes out. I always used to use Malaysk's ROM but they seem kinda 'heavy' now with a bunch of stuff I don't use.

marcialix

Dec 14, 2020
Hello, I have had the same radio recently but I can't get it to work with a 3G dongle, since in the connection options I don't have the option of mobile networks, in my previous pumpkin it worked perfectly. I will try to update to the Malaysian rom to see if I get this function, Do you have the option of mobile networks in connections ???? Thank you. A greeting.

Hola,

Tengo la misma radio desde hace poco pero no consigo que me funcione con un dongle 3G, ya que en las opciones de conexión no tengo la opción de redes moviles, en mi anterior pumpkin funcionaba perfectamente.

Probare a actualizar a la rom de Malasia para ver si consigo dicha funcion,

Vosotros teneis la opcion de redes moviles en conexiones ????

Gracias.

Un saludo.

Last edited by a moderator:

Giu1975

Jan 10, 2021
Hello
I would like to know if there are any firmware and mcu updates for this car stereo that I bought for 1 week and with which I am very happy. I tried to search the internet but found nothing. Thanks

Giu1975

Jan 10, 2021
I would like to update the firmware because the current security patch dates back to May 2020 and to have greater compatibility with new apps and improved system functions

Giu1975

Jan 10, 2021
I just purchased a Vanku PX6 A10 4g/64g from amazon. Here is the link Amazon Link

I am coming from an Atoto A6 which I purchased last year. While the Atoto is fairly stable and in my opinion somewhat robust it was a dog stuck on android 6 with fairly low spec's. I purchased the Vanku and all I can say is WOW. I am very impressed. When I first opened the box I hooked it up on my bench at first and the first boot was maybe 20 seconds until fully operational. Warm boot is maybe a second. I did go ahead and root it while I had it on the bench which worked perfectly based on the instructions I found on here. As of right now I am keeping the stock ROM. I used to always use Malysk's ROM and may in the future upgrade to his or to the HAL 9K but for now I really haven't seen any need to......This thing does everything I want it to. So far the only software I have installed (all of which I am extremely happy with) Is Agama Launcher, NavRadio+, PowerAmp, Total Commander, Atoto TPMS and MTCDialer. Everything has integrated super well together. Using the 'Google" button on Agama I can play any song on Power Amp or make a bluetooth call to anyone in my phone contacts or obviously do a google search. I bought this unit over the Pumpkin for a couple of reasons, The Vanku has an MTCE Mcu while I was told by the seller that the pumpkin of the same spec had a CSN2 Mcu. Also the reseller stated the Pumpkin was NOT compatible with any of the TPMS units available. This is my 5th android head unit and also is the first one that I was able to get the steering wheel button to operate without using a separate module. I was able to wire them direct.

Some PROS:
-Super fast at everything, boot, software loading, executing.....just WOW

-The microphone is very clear. I have both internal and external microphones hooked up and working and everyone I have talked to on the phone said my voice was very clear.

-The first thing I was going to do when I got it was put a bigger heat sink in it. Once I opened it up I found it had a very robust, finned heatsink attached directly to the processor without the small cover plate that I have heard about on some others.

Some CONS:
-Per qualche motivo alcuni dei più nuovi HU non utilizzano una lunetta DIN doppia di dimensioni standard. Questa unità non si adattava al mio pannello Metra, quindi ho dovuto usare il Dremel sul pannello per renderlo un paio di mm più grande larghezza e altezza.

-L'MCU è un MTCE-HT. Questo non è così comune e non ho trovato molte informazioni sull'aggiornamento.

-Ho un piccolo punto nella parte superiore del touch screen sul lato sinistro che non è reattivo come il resto.

Queste sono solo le mie osservazioni iniziali e non mi è stato chiesto di pubblicarlo.

Non ho idea di come questo reggerà a lungo termine, ma per ora sono super soddisfatto e gli do un A +
[/CITAZIONE]
Do you know if there is an update available for this radio's stock firmware?

comptechltd

Apr 18, 2011
Illinois
Unfortunately, I have traded the vehicle I installed it in but can tell you up until the end I was 99.5% satisfied. In fact, this was the best Android head unit that I have purchased. I have gone through several.

Unfortunately, I have traded the vehicle I installed it in but can tell you up until the end I was 99.5% satisfied. In fact, this was the best Android head unit that I have purchased. I have gone through several.
Thanks very much

Thanks very much, that's good enough for me