Inline Screenshots and Thumbnails...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMystic

Mar 18, 2017
I also request all the users to use thumbnails instead if inline screenshots, if possible. Where it is required or unavoidable, you may use the inline images. You see, for those who use the mobile to view the threads, it is very tedious to scroll through such screenshots and most of the times important messages in posts also will be scrolled past.

So please understand and cooperate.

Thanks and cheers!
Doing it here to avoid detailing a non-related thread.

Thanks for removing posts that had nothing to do with the purpose of the thread in question. I would appreciate if you could also address the following queries:

1. Please explain the following:

"Where it is required or unavoidable, you may use the inline images."

WHAT determines whether it is required or unavoidable. And WHO determines whether it is required or unavoidable.

If the answer to the above isn't clear, please remove the inline screenshot feature itself, to remove conflicts/ confusion/ useless arguments over personal preference, OR let the poster choose how he wants to write his post, even if that means some of the members may choose to skip reading it.

2. You didn't address the more important issue of being impolite and using cuss words in the forum. Clearly, these are violations of forum rules, and rules apply to EVERYONE.

I do appreciate that people should co-operate with each other and make forum usage a pleasant experience to gain/ share knowledge, solve problems and help each other out, among others that are development related and focuses on the purpose of every thread.

Where people have a difference of opinion, for example, like how one wants to present an idea/ view (obviously in a respectful and dignified way), someone person's preference shouldn't override that of another. We should just leave that to the poster.

It is just a preference, and it should stay that way AS LONG AS IT DOESN'T VIOLATE ANY OF THE FORUM RULES.

mark manning

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member
Apr 7, 2010
Nusquam et ubique
Doing it here to avoid detailing a non-related thread.

Thanks for removing posts that had nothing to do with the purpose of the thread in question. I would appreciate if you could also address the following queries:

1. Please explain the following:

"Where it is required or unavoidable, you may use the inline images."

WHAT determines whether it is required or unavoidable. And WHO determines whether it is required or unavoidable.

If the answer to the above isn't clear, please remove the inline screenshot feature itself, to remove conflicts/ confusion/ useless arguments over personal preference, OR let the poster choose how he wants to write his post, even if that means some of the members may choose to skip reading it.

2. You didn't address the more important issue of being impolite and using cuss words in the forum. Clearly, these are violations of forum rules, and rules apply to EVERYONE.

I do appreciate that people should co-operate with each other and make forum usage a pleasant experience to gain/ share knowledge, solve problems and help each other out, among others that are development related and focuses on the purpose of every thread.

Where people have a difference of opinion, for example, like how one wants to present an idea/ view (obviously in a respectful and dignified way), someone person's preference shouldn't override that of another. We should just leave that to the poster.

It is just a preference, and it should stay that way AS LONG AS IT DOESN'T VIOLATE ANY OF THE FORUM RULES.
Hello sir, I just wanted to inform you in-line images are absolutely ok and we apologize for the misunderstanding. That’s our fault but will make sure the proper information is known to everyone on the moderation staff.

I’m not gonna respond to your second issue as that is something that is purely subjective in nature. But I can say we strive to be as impartial as possible and we absolutely do extend the forum rules to everyone. Just because it may not be publicly visible that doesn’t mean it wasn’t handled privately.

However, sometimes things get missed so the best thing to do is report whatever posts you think need to be reviewed. It’s a very large forum and we rely on members to point us in the direction of moderation needs.

If you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to PM me. I am happy to have a discussion with you about anything. I am gonna close this thread though as that the primary reason for it being opened has been addressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.