InsertCoin 5.0-1 | Google Play Edition | Pure Android | SVN |3.62.1700.1 | Android 4.4.2

Search This thread

trjlive

Jul 24, 2013
Los Angeles / Orange County, CA
trjlive.com
So wanna try this google edition but the freaking H-OFF doesnt work for me

I had the best luck getting s-off after running the RUU for my device to return it to out-of-the-box stock condition, and then ran Rumrunner and it worked on the first time. Your device needs to be stock for Rumrunner to work. Custom ROMs, especially anything AOSP-based, tend to prevent Rumrunner from successfully getting s-off. Try downloading your device's latest RUU from this site, and you should have success. Keep in mind that RUU completely wipes your entire device, including sdcard, so back everything up to your PC first.

http://www.htc1guru.com/downloads/ruu-file-downloads/

Also, this guide has detailed steps on how to return to 100% stock:

http://www.htc1guru.com/guides/return-stock-guide/

Reactions: Edris89

trjlive

Jul 24, 2013
trjlive.com
New Google Play Launcher

The new "Google Now Launcher" (formerly referred to as Google Experience Launcher, or GEL) that just popped up in the Play Store resolves many of the minor UI glitches and the whole launcher transitions, as well as Google Now integration, are so much smoother.

If you have GEL installed, check the Play Store for the update.

Otherwise, here's the link to the app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.launcher

Edit:
Looks like it only lets you download if you've already side-loaded GEL previously. If you don't have GEL on your device, Play Store will say your device isn't supported. Here's the fix:

Here is a link to direct download the Google Now Launcher apk (ver. 1.0.9.1039417). Download and sideload and then you should be good to go, and should be able to get future updates direct from Play Store. (Make sure your Google Search is up-to-date before side-loading it. I have ver. 3.2.17.1009776 as of tonight.)

Last edited:

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
@baadnewz The Mega download is corrupt or the MD5 is wrong
the md5 is 4CF162E09C30865A5411C0355969DA16
not 1d309fae6a3c70f1a0c68fab6243e426 as posted on the download link

I downloaded it 2 times from different browsers

Last edited:

gGabi

Jul 28, 2010
@baadnewz will this rom be updated to 4.4.3 in the future? I'm using 5.0-1 since it was released and if you'll update to 4.4.3 I'll wait for it :) If not, I'll flash first 4.4.3 GPe that'll be released lol

hoffm59

Sep 22, 2011
Rostock
Means there's a system update available. It's probably the 4.4.3 notification. But it'll fail if you try to install it, unless you're completely stock.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info. It is the 4.4.3 system update. Is there any way to dismiss it? It could not be swiped away like normal notifications.

trjlive

Jul 24, 2013
trjlive.com
Thanks for the info. It is the 4.4.3 system update. Is there any way to dismiss it? It could not be swiped away like normal notifications.

You can disable the update notification service.

Download this app, Disable Service, it's free, also it needs root access.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cn.wq.disableservice

Open it, find the service named Google Services Framework under System Apps tab. Tap on it to view related services.

Uncheck the SystemUpdateService (third option from the top on my screenshot). Then reboot your device.

No more checks for OTA updates. Shouldn't get the notification again.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1402008360535.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1402008360535.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 880
Last edited:
Reactions: hoffm59

siemz

Oct 23, 2011
Utrecht
Is there going to be an update for the Call issues? Because there appears to be a problem where people can no longer hear calls/speak over calls
and htc rolled out an update for this

kindest regards

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    InsertCoin 5.0-1 | Google Play Edition | Pure Android | SVN |3.62.1700.1 | Android 4.4.2

ROM works on International, Developer, AT&T, T-MO HTC ONE

Requirements

Code:
    #include 
    /*
    * S-OFF
    * Custom Recovery (TWRP 2.6.3.3 or CWM 6.0.4.3 or newer)
    * Common Sense, Brains and logic
    */

License Agreement

By downloading and flashing InsertCoin Custom ROM for HTC ONE(m7) you agree to the following:
    • Your warranty is now void.
    • I am NOT responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROMbefore flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    • Support is limited. I do this as a hobby in my free time. I'll do my best to help you if you state your problem in clear English, with as much information as you can (what mods you selected, have you wiped, when exactly does the error occur, what type of phone you have (ul, l , ws etc.), what carrier, logcat and so on. The more information you offer, easier for me to help you. If you do not ask for support in clear English and with no information what-so-ever I will ignore your issue!
    • Leave the self entitled customer attitude at the door. I am under NO obligation what-so-ever to do anything for you. If I do it is because I like helping people. Using custom work published on XDA is not a right, it is a privilege. If you think otherwise please read here. Or watch this video.
    • NO Requests! When I work on InsertCoin I have in mind that I have to satisfy all users to a decent level. What works for me might not work for you and vice versa . I'm not your personal ROM developer and it is not my job nor my intention to make everybody happy. 
    • Do not come here asking "Hey mate, X rom has that awesome feature and if you don't implement it in your rom, I'll <insert whatever here>!" You flashed this ROM because you liked it at some point, if that change please stop using it.
    • Suggestions for improvements are always welcomed. As long as they are well documented and as long as you understand that NOT everything is possible. 
    • NO ETAs! While I do my best to constantly work on the ROM to improve,  fix and add new features, again this is a hobby! There are periods when due real-life issues I can't spend too much time for InsertCoin! If this becomes an obligation passion fades and I might stop cooking the ROM 

Sharing Policy

• Sharing is caring!
    • You are free to use this ROM or parts of it to fit your needs as long as you provide proper credits and you ask permission!
    • Using my work and claiming it your own will lead to reporting to XDA Administrators
    • You can PM / email me if you have any difficulties figuring what's changed and where! I'll do my best to help you.

Features

• android 4.4 base 3.58.1700.5
    • unsercured boot.img
    • rooted with SuperSu
    • ramdisk tweaks
    • persistent ADB enabled
    • battery life, performance and memory improvements
    • sysrw / ro binaries; system is mounted RW
    • init.d support
    • stripped debugging
    • apks: stripped debugging code and optimized
    • deodexed
    • advanced power menu
    • optional disable ugly 3-dot black bar (use only if you have kernel w/ l2m)
    • optional volume wake
    • optional xposed framework
    • optional disabled fast dormancy
    • optional disable software rendering
    • optional disable bytecode verification
    • optional to ODEX rom after flashing
    • SQL DB vacuum
    • zipaligned on boot
    • fstrim on boot
    • many many more
    • Smoothest ROM
    • Best Battery Management
    • Fast fixes / updates
    • Nightlies  and SVN support

Download & Changelog

InsertCoin ROMs WEBSITE
    I could implement some script to detect adblockers and block access if detected, but I'll rely on your honesty to disable adblockers for insertcoin-roms.org domain. Are only Google ADS so no viruses or shady java scripts. They are not offensive and won't bother you or force you to click on them, but those ads will help me a lot. Thank you!

Special thanks to

• show-p1984
    • j4n87
    • LeeDroid
    • hamdir
    • franciscofranco
    • omniw0lf
    • snq-
    • mudhi
    • Ace
    • deagleone
    • europn
    • septik
    • blubbers
    • NRGZ28
    • Meltus
    • schoolsux
    • Scabes
    • MarcoHD
    • football
    • lyapota
    • shnizlon
    • team venom
    • wysiwyn
    • Dunc001
    • torxx
    • he_stheone64
    • jotha
    • acer73
    • Basil3
    • And everyone who contributed somehow to the dev community.If i forgot anyone please let me know.
    InsertCoin Donors Hall of Fame

Coffee Contributions keep me awake at nights so I can cook faster and better ROMS

XDA:DevDB Information
    InsertCoin 5.0-1 | SVN | 3.62.1700.1 | Android 4.4.2, a ROM for the HTC One

Contributors
    baadnewz
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: none
    Based On: HTC Google Edition Base

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 5.0-1
    Stable Release Date: 2013-12-15

Created 2013-08-03