• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Insignia (Bestbuy) Flex 10.1 Tablet unlock

Search This thread

thanitos

Apr 30, 2012
So today I bought the Insignia tablet from bestbuy(Ns-14T004) I rooted it successfully and I was curious about flashing a rom to the device, which led me to wonder about the bootloader status on this device. I found that shutting the device off then holding Power + Volume UP until the Insignia logo appears then release the power button but holding the Volume up button brings up a tiny menu in the left hand corner which you cycle through with the Volume DOWN button and select with the volume UP button, The menu is as follows-

Boot Normally
Fastboot Protocol
Recovery Kernal
Forced Recovery

Fastboot Protocol has these sub categories inside it,

Bootloader
Contiune
Reboot-bootloader
Reboot
Poweroff

I was just curious if anyone had this tablet and knows anything about porting roms or unlocking bootloaders has looked into this tablet. For the price of a 10.1 tablet with JB I cannot complain, (I work at Bestbuy so I get the employee discount) plus its just for school right now. I think this tablet could be more with a good quality rom placed on it, CM or AOKP are the two ive used mostly. Maybe it wouldn't be too hard to port a rom over to this device and if there was an easy stupid proof guide id try it out, anyways thanks for reading and replying.

thanitos

Apr 30, 2012
For anyone that read this and wondered the same thing, the tablets bootloader is UNLOCKED already, I tried the OEM unlock command in adb and of returned already unlocked. As for download mode, I cannot seem to find a way to enter it, not even through adb commands

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app