• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Install Chinese JoyUI on Global Xiaomi Black Shark

Search This thread

leipnacht

Sep 11, 2018
No. You should use your inactive slot. I think yours is a.

Hmm.. . I think I messed up here.
Before unlocking the bootloader, originally my active slot, it is on b.
Then while looking at kanded's TWRP Root Decrypt December update for Blackshark 1st Gen guide

first.
check your update in which slot. is your phone now in last update ota december ? lets see in which slot it is.
Code:
adb reboot bootloader
Code:
fastboot getvar current-slot
if the answer is B, reboot your phone, and check the system is before ota or not. boot back to fastboot, and do this :
Code:
fastboot set_active other
then reboot. check if its in latest ota update or not. just make sure, which slot has been updated to latest ota, and which slot is before update.

I switched to a, to check if its in the latest ota update, my blackshark prompted it has update of G66X1901140OS00MPX. So I thought a should be the latest..

So I updated. I stayed on a. Doing this makes my b my inactive slot now?

Last edited:

gilbert32

Apr 4, 2011
In the universe
Then while looking at kanded's TWRP Root Decrypt December update for Blackshark 1st Gen guide

I switched to a, to check if its in the latest ota update, my blackshark prompted it has update of G66X1901140OS00MPX. So I thought a should be the latest..

If the phone prompted you to update while on a, that means that a was not the latest version (and i know that, since your a partitions work on my phone, which is 1 version older than yours).
Anyway, if the update worked, then that means that if you reboot, you will be on the b slot, which will be the latest version for you.
Then, you can flash the CN files over your a partitions.

leipnacht

Sep 11, 2018
If the phone prompted you to update while on a, that means that a was not the latest version (and i know that, since your a partitions work on my phone, which is 1 version older than yours).
Anyway, if the update worked, then that means that if you reboot, you will be on the b slot, which will be the latest version for you.
Then, you can flash the CN files over your a partitions.

I see. I just learned these things recently. Thanks for enlightening explanation.

alusher

Mar 31, 2008
Buffalo NY
I know this is about Chinese ver. I have the global version and received this email..

Hello,
Thank you for being a Black Shark player. We are getting ready of the Android P for Black Shark 1, and you will get the update by the end of August.

Best Regard,
Black Shark Global

I'm hoping this is going to happen..

Sent from my Blackshark SKR-H0 using XDA Labs

Last edited:

viludo

Jul 8, 2019
Update fail

attachment.php

That happened to me too. I did the restore with the backup, but now it does not install any updates.
Any suggestion?!

Last edited:

gilbert32

Apr 4, 2011
In the universe
Thanks, but I need all 22 sections.
abl_a
aop_a
bluetooth_a
boot_a
cmnlib64_a
cmnlib_a
custom_a
devcfg_a
dsp_a
dtbo_a
hyp_a
keymaster_a
mdtpsecapp_a
modem_a
qupfw_a
storsec_a
system_a
tz_a
vbmeta_a
vendor_a
xbl_a
xbl_config_a

I do not know how to get them, but for the global https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/development/black-shark-global-stock-firmware-t3907789 laid out.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/general/guide-blackshark-models-t3945868

@gilbert32 i was restore my backup but the phone keep on bootloop.

any sugestion?

---------- Post added at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

It should, but I would create back-ups of your system.img, vendor.img, and boot.img. You are attempting this at your own risk...I would advise waiting until someone uploads the dual CN version (SKR-A0 dual). Currently the non-dual version is the one uploaded (6GB / 64GB).

Try This:

Make sure you are already rooted on your current software version
Try these directions:
1. Download the images and the zip file from here
2. Connect phone to computer
3. Save the images and files to your phone
4. Reboot phone into bootloader running: adb reboot bootloader from command prompt
4a. Run fastboot getvar current-slot to see which active system slot you are on.
4b. If you are on slot "a" (_a), you will change it to "b" (_b) and vice versa:
5. Run fastboot boot twrp.img in command prompt to boot into TWRP
6. On TWRP, swipe to allow system modifications if you haven't already.
7. On computer command prompt:
If you changed your active slot to "b" in step 4b run:
Code:
adb pull /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/boot_b /your/backup/location/on/computer/boot_b.img
adb pull /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/vendor_b /your/backup/location/on/computer/vendor_b.img
adb pull /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/system_b /your/backup/location/on/computer/system_b.img
If you changed your active slot to "a" in step 4b run:
Code:
adb pull /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/boot_a /your/backup/location/on/computer/boot_a.img
adb pull /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/vendor_a /your/backup/location/on/computer/vendor_a.img
adb pull /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/system_a /your/backup/location/on/computer/system_a.img
change /your/backup/location/on/computer/ to a backup folder that you put on your computer for your phone's images. This could be on a folder on your desktop. That's the easiest.
8. Back to TWRP:
8a. Click Install
8b. Click Install image
8c. Install each image by selecting them, and then selecting the right partition to flash.
So if you're installing the boot_b.img, make sure the blue dot is next to the word boot before swiping to install.
If you made a mistake, you can go back and flash the correct image. So if I flashed boot.img and the blue dot was on the word system, then I can go back and choose the system.img and make sure the blue dot is on the word system.

8d. Click Install Zip in the Install page
8e. Install the decryption zip file. This also installs version 18.1 of magisk instead of an earlier version.
9. Now go back to the main menu of TWRP
9a. Click Wipe
9b. Click Advanced
9c. Select ONLY davlik / art cache and data. If anything else is checked other than those two, uncheck those
9d. Swipe to confirm wipe. This prevents your phone from bootlooping
9e. Reboot the phone. Your bootanimation should be upside down. That means it is working!

Your phone's screen should be upside down. Try pressing the power button to lock the phone and then again to unlock it to fix the issue. If it doesn't fix the issue, you'll have to go through the set up process with the screen being upside down. This is just like how TWRP is upside down! Your touches are in the right spot on the screen, but the display is upside down. After the setup is complete, lock and unlock your phone again. The screen orientation should fix itself!

Im in boot loop...

hed1n

Jun 11, 2010
Is bootloader loading? if yes, put the firmware global from "Black Shark Global Stock firmware".
go.cmd
Code:
set fd=%CD%
cd C:\adb
fastboot flash system_a %fd%\system_a
fastboot flash vendor_a %fd%\vendor_a
fastboot flash boot_a %fd%\boot_a
fastboot flash custom_a %fd%\custom_a
fastboot flash vbmeta_a %fd%\vbmeta_a

fastboot flash system_b %fd%\system_a
fastboot flash vendor_b %fd%\vendor_a
fastboot flash boot_b %fd%\boot_a
fastboot flash custom_b %fd%\custom_a
fastboot flash vbmeta_b %fd%\vbmeta_a
The backup "viludo" leads to a bootloop.

---------- Post added at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

in TWRP mode, the phone is not recognized (USB\VID_0000&PID_4EE7&REV_0409), but name SKR-H0

Last edited:
Is bootloader loading? if yes, put the firmware global from "Black Shark Global Stock firmware".
go.cmd
Code:
set fd=%CD%

---------- Post added at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

in TWRP mode, the phone is not recognized (vid_0000 pid_XXXX), but name SKR-A0 (from memory, now with no cable)

i will try

---------- Post added at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

What version did you have. What version do you have now. Did you root? Did you decrypt storage? Did you flash magisk?

i was in the las update and change the slot to use previus one.
yes, yes and yes.

really y dond remember is i was root before de procedure.

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

What version did you have. What version do you have now. Did you root? Did you decrypt storage? Did you flash magisk?

i was in the las update and change the slot to use previus one.
yes, yes and yes.

really y dond remember if i was root before de procedure.

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

@hed1n keep in boot loop...
i need install Dislable force encryption after that?

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 PM ----------

go.cmd
Code:
set fd=%CD%

in TWRP mode, the phone is not recognized (vid_0000 pid_XXXX), but name SKR-A0 (from memory, now with no cable)

Afther that i change the slot and now works!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BEFORE YOU PROCEED:
    Please PM me or post in this thread if your Global Black Shark is unlocked, and not modified yet.

Hello Guys. In this thread, you can see learn how to flash the Chinese Black Shark ROM, on the global version of the phone.

Before you start, please make sure that:
    1. You are rooted
    2. You have decrypted the system storage
    3. You have backed up system_{a,b}, vendor_{a,b}, boot_{a,b}, custom_{a,b}
    Please double make sure you have backups of these partitions.

Also, There might be some bugs like:
    • After booting the screen will be upside down. This is fixed by locking then unlocking the phone. However it happens at every boot.
    • Lights settings does not work
    • Left is Recent Apps, Right is Back. A little annoying keymap but i can live with it There's a setting for that

So let's Begin!

The first step is downloading the files provided by @JengaMasterG:
    system_b.img
    boot_b.img
    vendor_b.img

Again, please make sure you have a backup of your partitions, as well as the userdata.
    Next, download TWRP for the phone.

Now, boot TWRP by running
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot boot twrp.img

Once TWRP is up, wipe, advanced, dalvik/art cache and data. Otherwise, when you boot the chinese rom, it will give you crashes.
    Copy system_b.img, boot_b.img and vendor_b.img to your internal storage from pc.
    Reboot to bootloader
    Code:
    fastboot getvar current-slot
    Check on which slot you are. if it's A, we will flash to B. if it's B, we're gonna flash A.
    Code:
    The command above will switch you to the corresponding slot, which we're gonna overwrite.
    Code:
    fastboot boot twrp.img
    once twrp is booted, allow writing, and run an adb shell.
    Code:
    adb shell
    Code:
    cd /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name
    This is the last step to make sure you have a backup.
    For the following commands, replace of=partition_X where X is your new slot (if you were using slot A, X would be b and you would run the command as it is. If you were on slot B, you will use boot_a, system_a and vendor_a in end of the following commands)
    Code:
    dd if=/sdcard/boot_b.img of=boot_b
    dd if=/sdcard/system_b.img of=system_b
    dd if=/sdcard/vendor_b.img of=vendor_b
    Once these commands have completed, flash DisableForceEncryption_Treble.zip and flash Magisk
    Reboot without installing twrp app.

Now you will notice the bootanimation is upside down, as well as the system. No panic.
    In the first time setup, you might have to go through it upside down (screen is upside down but touch is correct), so it's gonna be a bit tricky.
    Once setup is finished, you can install google play store using the following link: miui forums (download zip file from here to avoid registering, for convenience)
    Happy new Rom Global users!
    Just don't install any update for the system, until you reflash your backup using the same procedure from twrp.

PS: This procedure should work on Chinese variant, to go to Global version. However i have not tested it as i only have the Global Black Shark. It works for switching between Chinese and Global too. Global version (not up to date): https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/development/black-shark-global-stock-firmware-t3907789

Special Thanks:
    mauronofio for TWRP
    kanded for decrypt thread
    JengaMasterG for chinese partition dumps
    hello @JengaMasterG im try to instal joy ui chinnese room but link download isn't broken, can you help me. thank you.:fingers-crossed:

Try this link here:
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1A3R1tbEhZmR0mQ1XFW-jqR8p2KKxE-Df?usp=sharing

I have been able to port the newest Shark Space and game launcher into the Global ROM. I will be running more tests in the coming days/week.
    @gilbert32, do you have the global roms to upload? I'm getting pretty tired of using the CN rom version and want to try the global one.

Sure. I have the backups i made before flashing the Chinese ROM (There's an update for them, so it's not the latest version)
    Unfortunately you will have to wait for Monday until i can upload them.
    Thank you so much, but the rar file is password protected, do you have the password?

on that link,

DOWNLOAD:
    ROM SKR (BS1)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Cca3...
    QFIL
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vT2a...
    DRIVER SNAPDRAGON
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WoHg...

these above files doesnt have password. but the last one was password. first three files just extract as usual..
    and follow the tutorial. i just followed that video n proved