Install Chinese JoyUI on Global Xiaomi Black Shark

Search This thread

vgr6479

May 11, 2020
PLS HELP

BEFORE YOU PROCEED:
Please PM me or post in this thread if your Global Black Shark is unlocked, and not modified yet.

Hello Guys. In this thread, you can see learn how to flash the Chinese Black Shark ROM, on the global version of the phone.

Before you start, please make sure that:
  1. You are rooted
  2. You have decrypted the system storage
  3. You have backed up system_{a,b}, vendor_{a,b}, boot_{a,b}, custom_{a,b}
Please double make sure you have backups of these partitions.

Also, There might be some bugs like:
  • After booting the screen will be upside down. This is fixed by locking then unlocking the phone. However it happens at every boot.
  • Lights settings does not work
  • Left is Recent Apps, Right is Back. A little annoying keymap but i can live with it There's a setting for that

So let's Begin!

The first step is downloading the files provided by @JengaMasterG:
system_b.img
boot_b.img
vendor_b.img

Again, please make sure you have a backup of your partitions, as well as the userdata.
Next, download TWRP for the phone.

Now, boot TWRP by running
Code:
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot boot twrp.img

Once TWRP is up, wipe, advanced, dalvik/art cache and data. Otherwise, when you boot the chinese rom, it will give you crashes.
Copy system_b.img, boot_b.img and vendor_b.img to your internal storage from pc.
Reboot to bootloader
Code:
fastboot getvar current-slot
Check on which slot you are. if it's A, we will flash to B. if it's B, we're gonna flash A.
Code:
fastboot set_active other
The command above will switch you to the corresponding slot, which we're gonna overwrite.
Code:
fastboot boot twrp.img
once twrp is booted, allow writing, and run an adb shell.
Code:
adb shell
Code:
cd /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name
This is the last step to make sure you have a backup.
For the following commands, replace of=partition_X where X is your new slot (if you were using slot A, X would be b and you would run the command as it is. If you were on slot B, you will use boot_a, system_a and vendor_a in end of the following commands)
Code:
dd if=/sdcard/boot_b.img of=boot_b
dd if=/sdcard/system_b.img of=system_b
dd if=/sdcard/vendor_b.img of=vendor_b
Once these commands have completed, flash DisableForceEncryption_Treble.zip and flash Magisk
Reboot without installing twrp app.

Now you will notice the bootanimation is upside down, as well as the system. No panic.
In the first time setup, you might have to go through it upside down (screen is upside down but touch is correct), so it's gonna be a bit tricky.
Once setup is finished, you can install google play store using the following link: miui forums (download zip file from here to avoid registering, for convenience)
Happy new Rom Global users!
Just don't install any update for the system, until you reflash your backup using the same procedure from twrp.

PS: This procedure should work on Chinese variant, to go to Global version. However i have not tested it as i only have the Global Black Shark. It works for switching between Chinese and Global too. Global version (not up to date): https://xdaforums.com/android/development/black-shark-global-stock-firmware-t3907789

Special Thanks:
mauronofio for TWRP
kanded for decrypt thread
JengaMasterG for chinese partition dumps

I'm using Blackshark SKR-A0 (6/64) CN ROM (bootloader unlocked), right now its bricked, I only able to access fastboot mode.
I have no backup of my system/vendor/boot images so I followed your tutorial.
after the last reboot, my phone won't start, it's just blank screen after the blackshark logo.

kevin mitnick

Oct 28, 2011
I'm using Blackshark SKR-A0 (6/64) CN ROM (bootloader unlocked), right now its bricked, I only able to access fastboot mode.
I have no backup of my system/vendor/boot images so I followed your tutorial.
after the last reboot, my phone won't start, it's just blank screen after the blackshark logo.

please reflashing with cn rom 8.1 by qfil..

kevin mitnick

Oct 28, 2011
Reactions: vgr6479

vgr6479

May 11, 2020
PLS HELP

on that link,

DOWNLOAD:
ROM SKR (BS1)
https:// drive.google.com/file/d/1Cca3...
QFIL
https:// drive.google.com/file/d/1vT2a...
DRIVER SNAPDRAGON
https:// drive.google.com/file/d/1WoHg...

these above files doesnt have password. but the last one was password. first three files just extract as usual..
and follow the tutorial. i just followed that video n proved

Thank you so much, i tried it but everytime i start the flashing process, it's always return an error :
ERROR: function: main:303 Uploading Image using Sahara protocol failed
Download Fail:Sahara Fail:QSaharaServer Fail:process fail

I tried using other laptop, but still failed

kevin mitnick

Oct 28, 2011
Thank you so much, i tried it but everytime i start the flashing process, it's always return an error :
ERROR: function: main:303 Uploading Image using Sahara protocol failed
Download Fail:Sahara Fail:QSaharaServer Fail:process fail

I tried using other laptop, but still failed

sorry. I dont know what you've done. make sure you do it completely like the video tutorial. I try it, and nothing problem.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BEFORE YOU PROCEED:
    Please PM me or post in this thread if your Global Black Shark is unlocked, and not modified yet.

Hello Guys. In this thread, you can see learn how to flash the Chinese Black Shark ROM, on the global version of the phone.

Before you start, please make sure that:
    1. You are rooted
    2. You have decrypted the system storage
    3. You have backed up system_{a,b}, vendor_{a,b}, boot_{a,b}, custom_{a,b}
    Please double make sure you have backups of these partitions.

Also, There might be some bugs like:
    • After booting the screen will be upside down. This is fixed by locking then unlocking the phone. However it happens at every boot.
    • Lights settings does not work
    • Left is Recent Apps, Right is Back. A little annoying keymap but i can live with it There's a setting for that

So let's Begin!

The first step is downloading the files provided by @JengaMasterG:
    system_b.img
    boot_b.img
    vendor_b.img

Again, please make sure you have a backup of your partitions, as well as the userdata.
    Next, download TWRP for the phone.

Now, boot TWRP by running
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot boot twrp.img

Once TWRP is up, wipe, advanced, dalvik/art cache and data. Otherwise, when you boot the chinese rom, it will give you crashes.
    Copy system_b.img, boot_b.img and vendor_b.img to your internal storage from pc.
    Reboot to bootloader
    Code:
    fastboot getvar current-slot
    Check on which slot you are. if it's A, we will flash to B. if it's B, we're gonna flash A.
    Code:
    fastboot set_active other
    The command above will switch you to the corresponding slot, which we're gonna overwrite.
    Code:
    fastboot boot twrp.img
    once twrp is booted, allow writing, and run an adb shell.
    Code:
    adb shell
    Code:
    cd /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name
    This is the last step to make sure you have a backup.
    For the following commands, replace of=partition_X where X is your new slot (if you were using slot A, X would be b and you would run the command as it is. If you were on slot B, you will use boot_a, system_a and vendor_a in end of the following commands)
    Code:
    dd if=/sdcard/boot_b.img of=boot_b
    dd if=/sdcard/system_b.img of=system_b
    dd if=/sdcard/vendor_b.img of=vendor_b
    Once these commands have completed, flash DisableForceEncryption_Treble.zip and flash Magisk
    Reboot without installing twrp app.

Now you will notice the bootanimation is upside down, as well as the system. No panic.
    In the first time setup, you might have to go through it upside down (screen is upside down but touch is correct), so it's gonna be a bit tricky.
    Once setup is finished, you can install google play store using the following link: miui forums (download zip file from here to avoid registering, for convenience)
    Happy new Rom Global users!
    Just don't install any update for the system, until you reflash your backup using the same procedure from twrp.

PS: This procedure should work on Chinese variant, to go to Global version. However i have not tested it as i only have the Global Black Shark. It works for switching between Chinese and Global too. Global version (not up to date): https://xdaforums.com/android/development/black-shark-global-stock-firmware-t3907789

Special Thanks:
    mauronofio for TWRP
    kanded for decrypt thread
    JengaMasterG for chinese partition dumps
    hello @JengaMasterG im try to instal joy ui chinnese room but link download isn't broken, can you help me. thank you.:fingers-crossed:

Try this link here:
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1A3R1tbEhZmR0mQ1XFW-jqR8p2KKxE-Df?usp=sharing

I have been able to port the newest Shark Space and game launcher into the Global ROM. I will be running more tests in the coming days/week.
    @gilbert32, do you have the global roms to upload? I'm getting pretty tired of using the CN rom version and want to try the global one.

Sure. I have the backups i made before flashing the Chinese ROM (There's an update for them, so it's not the latest version)
    Unfortunately you will have to wait for Monday until i can upload them.
    Thank you so much, but the rar file is password protected, do you have the password?

on that link,

DOWNLOAD:
    ROM SKR (BS1)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Cca3...
    QFIL
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vT2a...
    DRIVER SNAPDRAGON
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WoHg...

these above files doesnt have password. but the last one was password. first three files just extract as usual..
    and follow the tutorial. i just followed that video n proved