• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

How To Guide Install ColorOS 12 C.36 Stable Android 12 on Oneplus 9 & 9 pro

Search This thread

TheKnux

Sep 28, 2011
Akron
OnePlus 9
OnePlus 9 Pro
I did a local upgrade from ob 2
It works fine for me. I uninstall chinese bloatware.
Bluetooth works fine for me. I test my bone connector headphones and my smart watch.
It's Beautifull that i can uninstall google BS !!!
I love the gesture that i miss on Oxygen OS, "Rise phone to answer a call" . There is more on Color OS "Rise phone to make a call"
How is it compared to OOS in terms of stability, fluidity, stableness? Is dynamic refresh rate and resolution present? Does it follow Material You or no? Have you rooted?

Natjosh

Jan 20, 2015
Cant get my galaxy watch 4 to work with it 😧 hoping oxygen os will work because I just got this phone, cant exactly figure out how to do that either 😬

vipinpvarghese

May 22, 2013
Tabuk
Hi Friends, A short question to all who have tried Color OS 12 stable. Has this still got apps in chinese language? Last time when I tried, there were apps ONLY in chinese eventhough my device language was English

zNoize

Aug 11, 2021
Hola amigos, Una breve pregunta para todos los que han probado Color OS 12 estable. ¿Todavía tiene aplicaciones en chino? La última vez que lo intenté, había aplicaciones SOLO en chino, aunque el idioma de mi dispositivo era inglé
Im actually trying It, and It have some chinese preinstaled apps , like breemo market, themes.... But your installed apps will be at your lenguaje. Im sorry about my bad english and hope to be helpfull.😀

Reactions: vipinpvarghese

null0seven

Oct 1, 2013
Iasi
How is it compared to OOS in terms of stability, fluidity, stableness? Is dynamic refresh rate and resolution present? Does it follow Material You or no? Have you rooted?
I just converted to Collor Os last night. Some of those things you say i don't use.
I'm happy that i can debloat google creap !!!
Color Os have a few chinese apps to debloat. 4 remain, don't uninstall : BREENO, BROWSER, HEYTAP CLOUD, WALLET.
It looks and works like Oxygen OS. Very close. Plus some options/aps.
I'm not unlocked-routed.
I like it, you may not...
I like Very Much Oxygen Open Beta, you may not...
Hi Friends, A short question to all who have tried Color OS 12 stable. Has this still got apps in chinese language? Last time when I tried, there were apps ONLY in chinese eventhough my device language was English
You choose Global version ?
Have you updated from Oxygen Open Beta 1 or 2 ?
Global is in english with few chinese apps that can be uninstalled. Not all of them but most.
I hope that in the future builds we can uninstall all chinese app.

Last edited:

null0seven

Oct 1, 2013
Iasi
İ flashed this version c.36 and format data after installation it fixed battery drain or just me?

You Format Data after instalation? How does your phone work?
Format data , Wipe youre phone 100% . Nothing remains!
I would like to do a Clean Instal .

My phone works Fine . Very Fine with Color OS.
And to think that some people said so many bad things about Color OS will ruin Oxygen OS .
Oxygen OS is Ruined by google.
The rom is very fluid , very like Oxygen , with so changes.
My favorite gestures are "Raise to ear to answer a call" .This one was removed from Oxygen, by crappy google. Second one : "Raise to ear to make a call" . For this one you need to have on the screen the contact you want to call.

Last edited:

Atul Menon

Mar 1, 2019
Kerala
OnePlus 9 Pro
I don't understand people saying that Color OS C36 Stable is running fine for them. For me, so far I got following issues :
- the default DPI 360 is too low for me, changing to 420 DPI is much better but it get reset after restart
- you can't configure to launch camera using double Power button press, now it's Volume UP/DOWN
- Developer settings is getting "disabled" after reboot (and settings are reset) to prevent 'phone to be unstable'
- by default MOBILE DATA are set to be Always enabled (can be turned off in Developers settings)
- I can't force to have same PIN/Password for Work profile - it doesn't stay enabled
- Google and other apps are frequently loosing permissions, eg. to even access contacts (doesn't matter if Permission monitoring is disabled or not)
- Android Auto doesn't work for me and it anyway asks when connecting always to choose connecting method (why????)
- phone is full of Chinese crap (not all aps can be removed while I believe during update they will anyway install back)
- phone is also heavily integrated with some Chinese Cloud solution - HeyTap Cloud and some of their Chinese payment method
- Nova Google Companion doesn't work anymore, didn't have time to take a look on it yet

The good thing - annoying VoWifi notification is gone (was present in the OxygenOS Open Beta).

So, I will for sure switch back to OxygenOS (aparently I'm going to loose ALL User data?) BUT I don't understand one thing.

Are we getting OxygenOS final 12, or it's ColorOS 12 as final version ? (yes I know about merging yet I don't get the Beta 12 OxygenOS stuff).

Thank you.
All these issues can be sorted with root except android auto, vo wifi notification is that phone sign in cos 12. Second, No COS is for China, we will get Oxygen OS 12 in global units. Currently there is Open beta 's of Oxygen OS 12 , please check the oneplus forums of 9 series, there are steps to install it. A week back 9 series got beta 2, which is kinda stable. You can expect more beta or direct stable in upcoming weeks. This is just a stock software for China region, as oneplus dropped hydrogen os early this year. I hope your queries are sorted

Reactions: shaarky

shaarky

Dec 1, 2007
OnePlus 9 Pro
Thank you, actually I reverted back to Android 11, because even Beta 2 had serious flaws for me...
Btw BEWARE for those who are going to downgrade - it does NOT only reset data, it also wipe internal memory :-(

KineticPie

Jan 31, 2017
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hello, I read that AOD only shows China apps like wechat etc.
Now I had a possibility today that you can also display other apps,
Only I misplaced the instructions...

Does anyone know how it is possible that other apps are displayed on the Aod, such as Telegram, whatsapp, Facebook and co.?

Reactions: tuanduy7453

tuanduy7453

Mar 13, 2018
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hello, I read that AOD only shows China apps like wechat etc.
Now I had a possibility today that you can also display other apps,
Only I misplaced the instructions...

Does anyone know how it is possible that other apps are displayed on the Aod, such as Telegram, whatsapp, Facebook and co.?
Right. AOD (and light edge) shows only a few Chinese apps.
That's why I'm back to OOS beta 2.

Top Liked Posts