• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

How To Guide Install ColorOS 12 C.36 Stable Android 12 on Oneplus 9 & 9 pro

Search This thread

brmbjn

Mar 17, 2015
Bojonegoro
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 8 Pro
Oxygen Open Beta 3

Screenshot_2021-12-01-18-40-52-80.jpg

Last edited:

rmendez011

Hmm, I got it aswell, it doesn't say it's Open Beta 3, it's the same version as stable ColorOS, yet there are still so many bugs.

Do not disturb randomly turns on, it says there's 1 schedule, and when I check there's nothing there, i have to turn off do not disturb everytime it randomly turns on, it also turn on whenever I'm in a moving car, which is especially annoying whenever I'm not driving.

If you open your recents and close all apps, the app you had open stays open, while the rest close.

This is probably the most annoying and ugliest bug, they haven't fixed the stupid 4G/4G+ icon in the status bar from what it was in Oxygen OS 11, which was LTE/LTE+, the LTE icon was MUCH better looking than 4G.

They still haven't added the theme store (to the U.S. market at least).

Still no black quick settings (was promised).

They still haven't added back the 1080p60fps option in the front camera (was in Oxygen OS 11, and Oxygen OS 12 Open Beta 1).

The recent apps glitch when going home (you can see them for a split second).
Edit: this appears to only happen with a third party launcher, i currently have Nova launcher, the stock Oxygen OS/ColorOS launcher doesn't have this issue.

The hotspot letters in quick settings "personal hotspot" is too far left almost touching the edge of the quick settings.

In Oxygen OS 12 Open Beta 1 and 2, Google apps with Material You were a shade of dark green, now in this beta it's a nicer shade of dark blue, but no option to change it.

I'm sure there are more bugs i haven't found.

Last edited:

brmbjn

Mar 17, 2015
Bojonegoro
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 8 Pro
Hmm, I got it aswell, it doesn't say it's Open Beta 3, it's the same version as stable ColorOS, yet there are still so many bugs.

Do not disturb randomly turns on, it says there's 1 schedule, and when I check there's nothing there, i have to turn off do not disturb everytime it randomly turns on, it also turn on whenever I'm in a moving car, which is especially annoying whenever I'm not driving.

If you open your recents and close all apps, the app you had open stays open, while the rest close.

This is probably the most annoying and ugliest bug, they haven't fixed the stupid 4G/4G+ icon in the status bar from what it was in Oxygen OS 11, which was LTE/LTE+, the LTE icon was MUCH better looking than 4G.

They still haven't added the theme store (to the U.S. market at least).

Still no black quick settings (was promised).

They still haven't added back the 1080p60fps option in the front camera (was in Oxygen OS 11, and Oxygen OS 12 Open Beta 1).

The recent apps glitch when going home (you can see them for a split second).
Edit: this appears to only happen with a third party launcher, i currently have Nova launcher, the stock Oxygen OS/ColorOS launcher doesn't have this issue.

The hotspot letters in quick settings "personal hotspot" is too far left almost touching the edge of the quick settings.

In Oxygen OS 12 Open Beta 1 and 2, Google apps with Material You were a shade of dark green, now in this beta it's a nicer shade of dark blue, but no option to change it.

I'm sure there are more bugs i haven't found.
boot animation is not color os boot animation
4G/4G+ is from oxygen not from coloros
it is not stable
but ii is improvement from ob2 it can call ob3

rmendez011

boot animation is not color os boot animation
4G/4G+ is from oxygen not from coloros
it is not stable
but ii is improvement from ob2 it can call ob3
Copying from my other comment to your reply in another thread

"Why would it be a ColorOS boot animation? I'm saying this is the 3rd beta and not Stable release,

In Oxygen OS 11 I had LTE/LTE+, same with OOS 10, 9, 5, 4, and 3. I am in the U.S. however.

It's the most stable beta yet, I haven't noticed any instabilities.

I agree 100%."

car king

Mar 11, 2017
OnePlus 9 Pro
I don't understand people saying that Color OS C36 Stable is running fine for them. For me, so far I got following issues :
- the default DPI 360 is too low for me, changing to 420 DPI is much better but it get reset after restart
- you can't configure to launch camera using double Power button press, now it's Volume UP/DOWN
- Developer settings is getting "disabled" after reboot (and settings are reset) to prevent 'phone to be unstable'
- by default MOBILE DATA are set to be Always enabled (can be turned off in Developers settings)
- I can't force to have same PIN/Password for Work profile - it doesn't stay enabled
- Google and other apps are frequently loosing permissions, eg. to even access contacts (doesn't matter if Permission monitoring is disabled or not)
- Android Auto doesn't work for me and it anyway asks when connecting always to choose connecting method (why????)
- phone is full of Chinese crap (not all aps can be removed while I believe during update they will anyway install back)
- phone is also heavily integrated with some Chinese Cloud solution - HeyTap Cloud and some of their Chinese payment method
- Nova Google Companion doesn't work anymore, didn't have time to take a look on it yet

The good thing - annoying VoWifi notification is gone (was present in the OxygenOS Open Beta).

So, I will for sure switch back to OxygenOS (aparently I'm going to loose ALL User data?) BUT I don't understand one thing.

Are we getting OxygenOS final 12, or it's ColorOS 12 as final version ? (yes I know about merging yet I don't get the Beta 12 OxygenOS stuff).

Thank you.
yes that 360DPI is really bothering me . i set it to 410 and it keep reboot need to reset
google pay also need to resetup on reboot

is the 5G working ? for you

anyone know a good backup method ? will keep the home setup ? the oneplus's backup only work on the 11os no longer able to do so on the computer method anymore

i want to backup to the computer then reload back to the phone and keep the same setup on the homepage

null0seven

Oct 1, 2013
Iasi
It is Oxygen Open Beta 3 . On my phone shows 400 mb (incremental).
I wanted to ask if this is Color Os or OxygenOs open beta, but today i got this,,
My phone model is LE2123 European 9 pro, in Europa.
I don't want Oxygen OS ! Is full of google BS !
Color Os is cleaner of google BS and have some great options that Oxygen have when it was cleaner..

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-12-03-09-33-07-28[1].jpg
    Screenshot_2021-12-03-09-33-07-28[1].jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 123
Last edited:

car king

Mar 11, 2017
OnePlus 9 Pro
OH YEA love it !!!!!!!

been waiting on this t work well for months ..

the colors is much cleaner !!!!UI look !!!

oxygens users need to really try it first they will love !!!it

Reactions: null0seven

bolach

Apr 18, 2013
Mahachkala
Hi. I've installed downgrade - Oxygen OS 11.2.5.5.LE15AA and I still can't install Oxygen beta (android 12)
How can I install it? Help please
(2125 global)

sefai77

Nov 3, 2010
Hi. I've installed downgrade - Oxygen OS 11.2.5.5.LE15AA and I still can't install Oxygen beta (android 12)
How can I install it? Help please
(2125 global)
Hi, first you can update downgrade rom 11.2.8.8 here than you can update Oos beta1 and than continue coloros with local update apk.

Reactions: bolach

bolach

Apr 18, 2013
Mahachkala
Hi, first you can update downgrade rom 11.2.8.8 here than you can update Oos beta1 and than continue coloros with local update apk.

Thanks a lot! It helped

giaur

Aug 27, 2013
I got this **** as ota from Oxygen 11 Global. Now I'm on Color OS 12. How can I install Oxygen OS now? Local update option is missing.

Any help?

giaur

Aug 27, 2013
Download and run "Local update.apk.
Thoo Oxygen 12 is not as good as Color OS.
Read the article about it on Oxygen Updater app.
As far as I read Oxygen 12 is the same as ColorOS 12, but with even more bugs like connectivity lost.

Well, updating from Oxygen 11 was a mistake. I hope bugs will be fixed in next versions.

Top Liked Posts