Install Google Apps Without ADB/PC

Search This thread

loganwaffle8

Feb 10, 2016
Rawmarsh
So most of you on this forum by now will have seen how to install the Google Apps on the Amazon Fire HD 8 & 10, however that method required you to hook up to a PC and run a few commands. Sure, quick and simple, but what about those who can't run ADB? Those who dont have a PC? Well, there is ANOTHER way. I managed to put together ALL the main Google 5.0 (not 5.1) apps and packaged them into a few easy-to-access ZIPz. Of course, some of these apps (like Google Search, and Play Store) will need updating. And in this guide, ill be showing you
HOW TO INSTALL AND UPDATE THE GOOGLE APPS ON AMAZON FIRE HD 8 + 10
NOTE : This method has only been tested on a rooted device. I am unsure whether this method will work on an unrooted device, so if you are unrooted PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK!!
Step 1. Download the .zips provided from down below and extract somewhere on your device's SD card.
Step 2. Open the extracted folders.
Step 3. Install all the .apk's inside.
Step 3.5: Go to this link and download the Google Play Services APK.
Step 4. Once they are all installed, open the Play Store.
Step 5. Go into the menu, and tap on the version number.
Step 6. The app will update, so wait about 30 seconds, then restart.
Step 7. Update the rest of the Google apps, and install the other google play apps.
And there you have it! Google apps on your Amazon Fire!
This method was tested successfully on a rooted Amazon Fire HD 10.
If you have any questions, please ask below.

Last edited:

technope

Apr 22, 2011
Bad Link

Dangerous File Blocked
The file you attempted to download was determined to be dangerous. For your protection, MediaFire does not enable distribution of dangerous files.

Still have questions, or think we've made a mistake? Please contact support for further assistance.

Might want to host it somewhere else.

Reactions: andrejsd

Helron

Jul 9, 2012
NY
This thread is confusing because a NEW Fire HD 8 tablet was just released. Very confusing because new September tablet is running 5.3.1.1 and a friend just bricked his new device following data of outdated inapplicable threads. Methinks that posters need to specify Amazon Fire Tablet HD8 2016, 5.3.1.1
You all do a great job and this will make it even better! Keep up the great work!!!

ssb13

Apr 8, 2011
Los Angeles
I have completed this a while back with out issue. My new question is how can I login with a different Google account? I just got an account for my son, and he uses the device, yet I cannot clear the data and login as him.

Edit: I ended up clearing data on all Google things, uninstalled all Google things from zip, reinstalling. It then let me use a different account.

Last edited:

bsoplinger

Jan 17, 2011
The simplest way to add extra accounts is to install the Gmail app and add in your extra accounts. Once added you can delete the Gmail app.

I have a question about this. For those of us with root enabled, which of the above apps do I want to convert to system apps? To be more like a 'normal' Android device. I remember from years back with my Archos tablets that some apps could just be copied, that is the apk file, directly to /system/app but others had to be run and installed first before copying. So I'm assuming that just blindly copying isn't the way to do things.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I used this on my Fire Tablet HD 8 inch (newest version). Took less then 5 minutes and is straight forward. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7bpRcnBRmY
    are you saying this will not work on the new HD 8?
    I suggest just following
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/amazon-fire/general/how-to-install-google-play-store-fire-t3486603

Sent from my Motorola XT1096 using XDA Labs
    So most of you on this forum by now will have seen how to install the Google Apps on the Amazon Fire HD 8 & 10, however that method required you to hook up to a PC and run a few commands. Sure, quick and simple, but what about those who can't run ADB? Those who dont have a PC? Well, there is ANOTHER way. I managed to put together ALL the main Google 5.0 (not 5.1) apps and packaged them into a few easy-to-access ZIPz. Of course, some of these apps (like Google Search, and Play Store) will need updating. And in this guide, ill be showing you
    HOW TO INSTALL AND UPDATE THE GOOGLE APPS ON AMAZON FIRE HD 8 + 10
    NOTE : This method has only been tested on a rooted device. I am unsure whether this method will work on an unrooted device, so if you are unrooted PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK!!
    Step 1. Download the .zips provided from down below and extract somewhere on your device's SD card.
    Step 2. Open the extracted folders.
    Step 3. Install all the .apk's inside.
    Step 3.5: Go to this link and download the Google Play Services APK.
    Step 4. Once they are all installed, open the Play Store.
    Step 5. Go into the menu, and tap on the version number.
    Step 6. The app will update, so wait about 30 seconds, then restart.
    Step 7. Update the rest of the Google apps, and install the other google play apps.
    And there you have it! Google apps on your Amazon Fire!
    This method was tested successfully on a rooted Amazon Fire HD 10.
    If you have any questions, please ask below.
    Bad Link

Dangerous File Blocked
    The file you attempted to download was determined to be dangerous. For your protection, MediaFire does not enable distribution of dangerous files.

Still have questions, or think we've made a mistake? Please contact support for further assistance.

Might want to host it somewhere else.