How To Guide Install Google Mobile Services (GMS) on EMUI 11 or Harmony OS 2.0 W/O rolling back to EMUI (Test Feb 2023)

Search This thread

foxjustfox

Jun 11, 2022
Hello!
I really need those Google services on my mate 30 pro but those links that you posted aren't working
Thanks.

swaardvis

Jun 14, 2022
Hi there, is there a way to incorporate this method to install GMS on a Huawei watch 3 running HarmonyOS? I have sucessfully installed Google Chrome, Spotify, Whatsapp by simply connecting the watch to my PC via Wi-Fi over CBD (Minimal ADB and Fastboot), however Google Play Store and Google does not want to open despite installing the latest APK files. The app icons all appear on the watch app gallary but they do not want to run. Thank you in advance. PS: I also installed the latest Google play services and google service framework and Andriod Web Viewer. Please help me out.

jsbutran

Jan 3, 2006
Dear @ThatsYisy, I was keeping extremely busy so couldn't bring to your notice that I updated my device MAte X2 5G foldable to 2.0.0.241. did a reset my device and Installed Google Play Services perfectly as given in your guide. PlayStore works perfect. Device gets registered in the Crome as last step. Every things seems perfect. but after few hours again get message ~This device isn't Play Protect Certified~~~ Tried this guide 2-4 time. installing Google Play Services. All goes OK till the end but after few hours again same message. Where I'm going wrong. or is it the 2.0.0.241 update which is causing this issue. Can you please help.

jsbutran

Jan 3, 2006
Might be re-registring the device ID in crome is a problem. Just reformatted my device and installed all as per your guide only did not register it on crome and did NOT install play services info (update). 2 hours every thing works fine. no notification. Keeping it on and on wifi. Will check in the morning for any play protect notification and report. I have installed Gmail Google Maps, Google Keep. Let see.

ThatsYisy

Sep 10, 2021
Samsung Galaxy S4
Nokia Lumia 900
Might be re-registring the device ID in crome is a problem. Just reformatted my device and installed all as per your guide only did not register it on crome and did NOT install play services info (update). 2 hours every thing works fine. no notification. Keeping it on and on wifi. Will check in the morning for any play protect notification and report. I have installed Gmail Google Maps, Google Keep. Let see.
i am glad that the guide helps you. there are too many possibilities can trigger the Play Protect issue, but the last registering step should not be the root cause of triggering this issue. I still recommend you registering your X2 and keep your Play Services up-to-date, otherwise eventually you the Google check will catch you, which means you may need to re-install the GMS once again. However, if you are happy with what you have right now, that is perfectly fine as well. cheers!

javipas

Jun 22, 2010
Would that work with a P40 Pro+ (ELS-N39) with EMUI 12 (12.0.0.252)?

I'm afraid I would have to downgrade this first to EMUI 11 somehow (If you've got a tutorial on this too, that would be great).

ThatsYisy

Sep 10, 2021
Samsung Galaxy S4
Nokia Lumia 900
Would that work with a P40 Pro+ (ELS-N39) with EMUI 12 (12.0.0.252)?

I'm afraid I would have to downgrade this first to EMUI 11 somehow (If you've got a tutorial on this too, that would be great).
two limitations for your phone, 1) ELS-N39 is an international version which may not suitable in the method 2) If you got your phone from a carrier but not directly from Huawei, then the stock version is vary which may not allow you rolling back the EMUI to earlier version

Nevertheless, I posted a video tutorial last year to demonstrate how to roll back EMUI or Harmony version. You can visit below link and the text guide is in the video description as well as the video caption.

pachworks12

Jun 26, 2022
I am on step 16 and when I open “开始下载”, it shows that the device is not supported. I am using Matepad 11 and I just want to know if there is a fix on this?

HallEx

Sep 27, 2012
I am on step 16 and when I open “开始下载”, it shows that the device is not supported. I am using Matepad 11 and I just want to know if there is a fix on this?
Same for me with Matepad pro 12.6 (eu version). Can't open this app. Still wait for solution.. Using gspace for some app.. We need a fix 🙏

javipas

Jun 22, 2010
two limitations for your phone, 1) ELS-N39 is an international version which may not suitable in the method 2) If you got your phone from a carrier but not directly from Huawei, then the stock version is vary which may not allow you rolling back the EMUI to earlier version

Nevertheless, I posted a video tutorial last year to demonstrate how to roll back EMUI or Harmony version. You can visit below link and the text guide is in the video description as well as the video caption.
Thanks, I'll think about it maybe I will try that :)

ThatsYisy

Sep 10, 2021
Samsung Galaxy S4
Nokia Lumia 900
Hello, for those who followed all the steps and everything works but still gets tones from the google certification error try this it worked for me on mate 40pro+
Code:
to fix the Google Play Protect Not Certified Error next :)
Put your device into Airplane mode so no data is being used during this step otherwise it won't work!
Open Apps under your settings, and tap the 3 dots, show system processes.
Type Google
Open Google Service Framework, select storage, clear data, then go back one and force stop it
Open Google Play Store, force stop.
Open Google Play Services, just clear cache (NOT DATA)
Restart Phone
Go back to settings and Apps, tap the 3 dots, show system processes.
Type Google
Select Google Play Services. Clear cache. Then Clear All Data under Manage Storage Force stop it.
Restart Phone once more.
Turn off Airplane Mode. / Turn your internet back on
Open Google Play Store and you should be all set, no Not Google Play Certified Error or anything bad. You should be able to use Gmail, Youtube etc. You may not be able to use Google Pay as I have not tested it but believe it does not work.
this is a good temp fix, but it may not last long. I would still recommend obtaining a new GSF#.

yx5001

Jun 27, 2022
Thank you for your work :)
I stuck on step 14. "Backup & Restore" is unable to recognize the external storage. However, the storage is working well under "File". After I reset "Backup & Restore" to 12.0, it can also recognize the external storage and use the 2019/11/11 backup. I wonder if I can use the 2019 backup under V12.0?

Lasleg

Jun 28, 2022
Thank you for your work :)
I stuck on step 14. "Backup & Restore" is unable to recognize the external storage. However, the storage is working well under "File". After I reset "Backup & Restore" to 12.0, it can also recognize the external storage and use the 2019/11/11 backup. I wonder if I can use the 2019 backup under V12.0?
You just need to reboot your device

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You can find the video instructions in the following:

Video of successfully installed Google apps:

*** IMPORTANT NOTE ***
    Do NOT give up if your first attempt fails. Factory reset is recommended if failure happens, try again and I am sure you can get it done by following this guide, however you will need to make sure you follow all the steps one by one, and do NOT try jumping. Even the button of "OK" , "Open", "Done" or selecting app from Muti Task Manager instead of re-enter apps from the Home screen at different timing or sequence may impact the result.

This method has been tested on the following devices (model# ending with ANxxx or ALxxx after "-") running on Harmony OS 2.0:

Mate X Series: X2
    Mate 40 Series: 40 / 40 Pro / 40 Pro+
    Mate 30 Series: 30 4G / 30 5G / 30 Pro 4G / 30 Pro 5G,
    P40 Series: P40 / 4G / Pro / Pro+
    Mate Pad Series:Pro WIFI / Pro 5G

Note: international versions may not compatible

In this video, I am showing you how to Install Google Mobile Services (GMS) directly on Huawei Harmony OS 2.0 without rolling back your devices to EMUI 11 / 10 or even earlier. (this video is using Mate X2 as an example).

Preparation:
    1. Download the ZIP file (if the links are no longer working, please kindly leave comments and let me know)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14WBtObY6cxDxnXuAUKihrPDtN1ah_ckR/view?usp=sharing

or

Or

2. Extract “GMS_2023-02.zip”
    3. Copy foler "111" onto your computer C drive root directory
    4. Copy "huawei" folder onto your mobile/tablet device root directory
    5. Copy the balance files to somewhere in your mobile/tablet device (wherever you like)

Step by Step instructions:

1. Backup your data then Factory Reset your device (phone/tablet), ensuring it is in a clean condition

2. Go to Settings---About Phone----“Quickly click the Build number at least 7 times (this guide here is using 2.0.0.231 (C00E230R9P3patch03) to activate the “Developer options”

3. Go to “System & updates”, and turn off the ”App Guard” (skip this if using EMUI 11)

4. Return to Settings, at the top search section, enter keyword “HDB”, select and turn on “Allow connection via HDB”

5. Go to “Settings & updates” --- “Developer options”, turn on “USB debugging”

6. Use your cable to connect your device with computer

7. Swipe down from the top of your screen and change the connection from “Charing via USB” to “Transfer files” mode. Enter the “Connection verification code” that is showing up on Hisuite screen from your phone onto the Hisuite on your computer

8. Copy the GMS files onto your device

9. In your computer, click ”WIN” key,then enter “cmd” to enter “Command Prompt” (skip this if using EMUI 11)

10. Enter below commands one by one (make sure you see the message “success” before entering the next command. (skip this if using EMUI 11)

1) Cd\111

2) adb devices

3) adb uninstall com.huawei.localBackup

4) adb install Legacy.apk

11. after finish entering the commands from your computer end, return to your device. Install “Backup & restore” following the instruction from the phone. (skip this if using EMUI 11)

12. Disconnect your cable

13. Go to “Settings & updates” --- “Date & time”. Turn off “Set automatically” and change the date to July 10, 2020

14. Connect your USB-C storage device, wait for 30 seconds then go to “System & updates” ---“Backup & restore”, continue selecting “ALLOW”,then select “External storage”--- “USB storage”,select and restore “the 5:21am, Nov 11, 2019” backup; enter password: “a12345678”

16. Go to HOME screen, you will see and new app called “谷歌服务助手”, open it. Select “ALLOW” (you will delete this app after you have no issues running Google Suites), then “ACTIVATE”; You will see lots “!”, ignore that and click “开始下载”(start download),it will fail to download anything, ignore it as well. As soon as you see the loading spin, go back to HOME screen (do NOT close the app, just return to main screen)

17. Goto “Files”,Install “01_MicroG.apk”

18. Go to “Settings & updates” --- “Date & time”. Turn on “Set automatically”

19. The first time you click “SIGN IN“” will fail to open and flash exit, it is normal, click “SIGN IN” once again to login to your Google account. Once success, click “ I agree” and “CANCEL” (if you received error message “Sorry… You don’t have a network connection…” then restart your device and try again starting from “谷歌服务助手”,)

20. If you have multiple google account, repeat previous step
    21. Go back to “Files”,Install “02_Google Account Manager” until “07_Google Services Framework.apk”

22. Go to “Settings”---“ Users & accounts”, click “Google”, and then click “your account”, then click “Sync contacts”, then “sync now”

23. Return to home screen, click “Play Store” (WARNING: DON’T get too exciting and do NOT stop here. This is NOT done yet, otherwise I am sure you will see lots of errors while using the device. Do NOT even try to do anything until you finish this guide). You will find an error message “Authentication is required…”, this is normal. Ignore it.

24. return to home screen and uninstall MicroG

25. Go back to “Files”,Install “08_Google Play Services v19.2.75”

26. return to home screen and click “Pla yStore” (you may receive DF-DFERH-01 error, just click retry). You will hear lots of error notifications, ignore it.

Search and install “device id” which is the one from VtechSevi but not other developers,open “device id” once done,check if you can obtain the Google Service Framework (GSF) number

27. Go to “Settings”---“Apps and services”---“Apps”---search “Google Play services” ,click “FORCE STOP” until it is grey out, then “UNINSTALL”

28. Go to “files” and install“09_Google Play Services v19.4.20.apk”

29. Go to “Settings”---“Apps & services”---“Apps”---search keyword “Goo”, click the “4 docks” located at the right top corner”, select “Show system processes”, select “Google Service Framework”

(time sensitive here!!! needs to be quick and do not operate your device rather than following all the steps) click “FORCE STOP” (if it goes blue again, keep forcing it stop until it is grey), then click “Storage”---" CLEAR CACHE” and then “CLEAR DATA”, and then Press the power button---Restart your device right away

30. goto “Play Store”, you may receive DF-DFERH-01 error, this is normal and this is only time message, would not impact future operates

31. goto “DeviceID” check if the GSF number has become Unknown, if so, return to “Playstore” try click retry. If this error repeats, restart your device and wait for at least 2 mins before opening PlayStore again. If the error still shows up, unfortunately you will need to restart this guide again)

32. return to home screen, clear all the running tasks, then goto “DeviceID” and check if you can still have the GSF#

33. Go to“Settings”---“Apps & services”---“Apps”---search “Google Play services”, click “UNINSTALL”, you will be in “device administrator, then click “DEACTIVIATE AND UNINSTALL”

34. Go to “Files” and install “10_Google Play Services v20.12.14”

35. Return to main screen, restart your device and wait for at least 2 mins until the startup is done. If you hear tons of error notifications, then unfortunately you will need to restart this guide again

36. Open “Play Store”, check if it is working fine. If so, congrats but not done yet we need to move onto the final steps to ensure your device can pass the Google certify checks in the near future, so then you can feel free to update Google Play or other google related apps

37. install Chrome

38. goto “DeviceID”, click on the “Copy“ icon and copy your GSF#

38. goto “Files” and open the link in chrome, scroll to the bottom, paste the GSF# in the text box and check mark the robot test, then click “register”, then you will see a bunch of number at the bottom, which it means your device has been registered successfully.

37. goto “Play store”, search “Google Play service” and install “Play Services Info“, then open it and click “PlayStore” and open by “Google Playstore”, update the Google Play Service

38. return to home screen and restart your device

39. open “Playstore” and check if everything works fine

40. GMS installation is done : )
    Hi,
    This is a very nice article, congratulations !
    However, I would need an extra help, I am blocked at step 10, indeed, when I am typing Cd\111 and then click on "enter" computer says that "Le chemin d'accès spécifié est introuvable" (the specified path way was not found), any suggestion ?
    The easiest way is to go to the destinated folder (111) and hold shift and right click. Then click on "open PowerShell/CMD here"

If it opens PowerShell, simply type "CMD" and hit enter and you're in CMD
    Then you can proceed with uninstalling the backup app
    I was Instaling this on a HarmonyOS 2 Matepad 11 and when I try to do the step 20 the google accunt n the settings app deletes itself with the uninstalled applicaton so I cannot continue. I am basically stuck here please help.
    Ps. When I add the google account there is no "CANCEL" button coming up on the screen returns directly to the googlefier app and the 1st option disappears.
    Hey XDA,

Anyone else just suddenly getting: this device isn't play protect certified

I can't get rid of it, tried reinstalling google Play services etc.
    Yes, this happened earlier this week.

Here is the solution
    The easiest way is to go to the destinated folder (111) and hold shift and right click. Then click on "open PowerShell/CMD here"

If it opens PowerShell, simply type "CMD" and hit enter and you're in CMD
    Then you can proceed with uninstalling the backup app
    Thank you, it works :)