How To Guide Install Google Mobile Services (GMS) on EMUI 11 or Harmony OS 2.0 W/O rolling back to EMUI (Test Feb 2023)

Search This thread

ThatsYisy

Sep 10, 2021
Samsung Galaxy S4
Nokia Lumia 900
You can find the video instructions in the following:

Video of successfully installed Google apps:

*** IMPORTANT NOTE ***
Do NOT give up if your first attempt fails. Factory reset is recommended if failure happens, try again and I am sure you can get it done by following this guide, however you will need to make sure you follow all the steps one by one, and do NOT try jumping. Even the button of "OK" , "Open", "Done" or selecting app from Muti Task Manager instead of re-enter apps from the Home screen at different timing or sequence may impact the result.

This method has been tested on the following devices (model# ending with ANxxx or ALxxx after "-") running on Harmony OS 2.0:

Mate X Series: X2
Mate 40 Series: 40 / 40 Pro / 40 Pro+
Mate 30 Series: 30 4G / 30 5G / 30 Pro 4G / 30 Pro 5G,
P40 Series: P40 / 4G / Pro / Pro+
Mate Pad Series:Pro WIFI / Pro 5G

Note: international versions may not compatible

In this video, I am showing you how to Install Google Mobile Services (GMS) directly on Huawei Harmony OS 2.0 without rolling back your devices to EMUI 11 / 10 or even earlier. (this video is using Mate X2 as an example).

Preparation:
1. Download the ZIP file (if the links are no longer working, please kindly leave comments and let me know)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14WBtObY6cxDxnXuAUKihrPDtN1ah_ckR/view?usp=sharing

or

Or

2. Extract “GMS_2023-02.zip”
3. Copy foler "111" onto your computer C drive root directory
4. Copy "huawei" folder onto your mobile/tablet device root directory
5. Copy the balance files to somewhere in your mobile/tablet device (wherever you like)

Step by Step instructions:

1. Backup your data then Factory Reset your device (phone/tablet), ensuring it is in a clean condition

2. Go to Settings---About Phone----“Quickly click the Build number at least 7 times (this guide here is using 2.0.0.231 (C00E230R9P3patch03) to activate the “Developer options”

3. Go to “System & updates”, and turn off the ”App Guard” (skip this if using EMUI 11)

4. Return to Settings, at the top search section, enter keyword “HDB”, select and turn on “Allow connection via HDB”

5. Go to “Settings & updates” --- “Developer options”, turn on “USB debugging”

6. Use your cable to connect your device with computer

7. Swipe down from the top of your screen and change the connection from “Charing via USB” to “Transfer files” mode. Enter the “Connection verification code” that is showing up on Hisuite screen from your phone onto the Hisuite on your computer

8. Copy the GMS files onto your device

9. In your computer, click ”WIN” key,then enter “cmd” to enter “Command Prompt” (skip this if using EMUI 11)

10. Enter below commands one by one (make sure you see the message “success” before entering the next command. (skip this if using EMUI 11)

1) Cd\111

2) adb devices

3) adb uninstall com.huawei.localBackup

4) adb install Legacy.apk

11. after finish entering the commands from your computer end, return to your device. Install “Backup & restore” following the instruction from the phone. (skip this if using EMUI 11)

12. Disconnect your cable

13. Go to “Settings & updates” --- “Date & time”. Turn off “Set automatically” and change the date to July 10, 2020

14. Connect your USB-C storage device, wait for 30 seconds then go to “System & updates” ---“Backup & restore”, continue selecting “ALLOW”,then select “External storage”--- “USB storage”,select and restore “the 5:21am, Nov 11, 2019” backup; enter password: “a12345678”

16. Go to HOME screen, you will see and new app called “谷歌服务助手”, open it. Select “ALLOW” (you will delete this app after you have no issues running Google Suites), then “ACTIVATE”; You will see lots “!”, ignore that and click “开始下载”(start download),it will fail to download anything, ignore it as well. As soon as you see the loading spin, go back to HOME screen (do NOT close the app, just return to main screen)

17. Goto “Files”,Install “01_MicroG.apk”

18. Go to “Settings & updates” --- “Date & time”. Turn on “Set automatically”

19. The first time you click “SIGN IN“” will fail to open and flash exit, it is normal, click “SIGN IN” once again to login to your Google account. Once success, click “ I agree” and “CANCEL” (if you received error message “Sorry… You don’t have a network connection…” then restart your device and try again starting from “谷歌服务助手”,)

20. If you have multiple google account, repeat previous step
21. Go back to “Files”,Install “02_Google Account Manager” until “07_Google Services Framework.apk”

22. Go to “Settings”---“ Users & accounts”, click “Google”, and then click “your account”, then click “Sync contacts”, then “sync now”

23. Return to home screen, click “Play Store” (WARNING: DON’T get too exciting and do NOT stop here. This is NOT done yet, otherwise I am sure you will see lots of errors while using the device. Do NOT even try to do anything until you finish this guide). You will find an error message “Authentication is required…”, this is normal. Ignore it.

24. return to home screen and uninstall MicroG

25. Go back to “Files”,Install “08_Google Play Services v19.2.75”

26. return to home screen and click “Pla yStore” (you may receive DF-DFERH-01 error, just click retry). You will hear lots of error notifications, ignore it.

Search and install “device id” which is the one from VtechSevi but not other developers,open “device id” once done,check if you can obtain the Google Service Framework (GSF) number

27. Go to “Settings”---“Apps and services”---“Apps”---search “Google Play services” ,click “FORCE STOP” until it is grey out, then “UNINSTALL”

28. Go to “files” and install“09_Google Play Services v19.4.20.apk”

29. Go to “Settings”---“Apps & services”---“Apps”---search keyword “Goo”, click the “4 docks” located at the right top corner”, select “Show system processes”, select “Google Service Framework”

(time sensitive here!!! needs to be quick and do not operate your device rather than following all the steps) click “FORCE STOP” (if it goes blue again, keep forcing it stop until it is grey), then click “Storage”---" CLEAR CACHE” and then “CLEAR DATA”, and then Press the power button---Restart your device right away

30. goto “Play Store”, you may receive DF-DFERH-01 error, this is normal and this is only time message, would not impact future operates

31. goto “DeviceID” check if the GSF number has become Unknown, if so, return to “Playstore” try click retry. If this error repeats, restart your device and wait for at least 2 mins before opening PlayStore again. If the error still shows up, unfortunately you will need to restart this guide again)

32. return to home screen, clear all the running tasks, then goto “DeviceID” and check if you can still have the GSF#

33. Go to“Settings”---“Apps & services”---“Apps”---search “Google Play services”, click “UNINSTALL”, you will be in “device administrator, then click “DEACTIVIATE AND UNINSTALL”

34. Go to “Files” and install “10_Google Play Services v20.12.14”

35. Return to main screen, restart your device and wait for at least 2 mins until the startup is done. If you hear tons of error notifications, then unfortunately you will need to restart this guide again

36. Open “Play Store”, check if it is working fine. If so, congrats but not done yet we need to move onto the final steps to ensure your device can pass the Google certify checks in the near future, so then you can feel free to update Google Play or other google related apps

37. install Chrome

38. goto “DeviceID”, click on the “Copy“ icon and copy your GSF#

38. goto “Files” and open the link in chrome, scroll to the bottom, paste the GSF# in the text box and check mark the robot test, then click “register”, then you will see a bunch of number at the bottom, which it means your device has been registered successfully.

37. goto “Play store”, search “Google Play service” and install “Play Services Info“, then open it and click “PlayStore” and open by “Google Playstore”, update the Google Play Service

38. return to home screen and restart your device

39. open “Playstore” and check if everything works fine

40. GMS installation is done : )

Last edited:

simmoyo

Jan 7, 2011
Thank you ThatsYisy!!

I'm guessing if I need to add more google accounts I just need to: “Googlefier”, select “05 then start from step 17 again.

Have you tested this with a gsuite account that requires more security than normal gmail accounts?

Thanks

Archibald1963

Mar 4, 2017
Huawei Mate X2
If I already installed gms, but missing push notifications, do I need to start from the beginning or can switch files... to yours (google play services, framework)...
Thanks

ThatsYisy

Sep 10, 2021
Samsung Galaxy S4
Nokia Lumia 900
Thank you ThatsYisy!!

I'm guessing if I need to add more google accounts I just need to: “Googlefier”, select “05 then start from step 17 again.

Have you tested this with a gsuite account that requires more security than normal gmail accounts?

Thanks

Hi Simon, you are correct. Gsuite account is tested in G Classroom with no issues. However, i found that if you have downloaded and upgraded variety of system apps, directly running 05 and restart from step 17 may still result in glitches of running Gmaps. Factory reset is recommended.

Reactions: simmoyo

Archibald1963

Mar 4, 2017
Huawei Mate X2
Dear ThatsYisy,
please let me know... your thoughts.. I already installed google with googlefier, but some applications are not working and missing push notifications... if I uninstall google play store and follow your steps from the point 21...
I fully understand this is my responsibility, only main.... I have mate x2 harmony 2.0.0.168

ThatsYisy

Sep 10, 2021
Samsung Galaxy S4
Nokia Lumia 900
Dear ThatsYisy,
please let me know... your thoughts.. I already installed google with googlefier, but some applications are not working and missing push notifications... if I uninstall google play store and follow your steps from the point 21...
I fully understand this is my responsibility, only main.... I have mate x2 harmony 2.0.0.168
push is still a known issue for some apps that are fully relying on Firebase. For a temp. fix, you can either download the app from Huawei App Gallery if it is available, then the push notification should work fine; or you may need to keep the app running at the background. I know neither is the good solution, but unfortunately I do not have better suggestions right now and still working on it.

A894356

May 19, 2021
How about the matepad 11, I tried that way but "谷歌服务助手" says that my device is unsupported

lourock21

Apr 22, 2010
Device is not play protect certified after completing all steps. I'll reset several times not sure if I'm missing a step. I have a Mate x2

ThatsYisy

Sep 10, 2021
Samsung Galaxy S4
Nokia Lumia 900
Device is not play protect certified after completing all steps. I'll reset several times not sure if I'm missing a step. I have a Mate x2
if you are sure that you have followed all the steps in the video, then it is due to the random GSF# you received in your device. Unfortunately, i would recommend you factory reset the device and continue to work on it once again.

androaa

Sep 19, 2021
After do all steps: ...
"Device is not Play Protect certified"
? How to solve it ?

ThatsYisy

Sep 10, 2021
Samsung Galaxy S4
Nokia Lumia 900
After do all steps: ...
"Device is not Play Protect certified"
? How to solve it ?
recommend factory reset then re-try again.

if you want to try shortcut, you can go back to Googlefier, select the last option (broom icon) to uninstall all the installation files, then start again from step 16. If it the problem remains, then factory reset and restart from the begining.

androaa

Sep 19, 2021
recommend factory reset then re-try again.

if you want to try shortcut, you can go back to Googlefier, select the last option (broom icon) to uninstall all the installation files, then start again from step 16. If it the problem remains, then factory reset and restart from the begining.
I was try this before.
Also with (broom icon) to uninstall all the installation files, then start again from step 16....
Also factory reset and restart from the begining.
But the problem still remains...
it is a huawei Mate 30 pro 5G
System is HarmonyOS 2.0.0.168

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You can find the video instructions in the following:

Video of successfully installed Google apps:

*** IMPORTANT NOTE ***
    Do NOT give up if your first attempt fails. Factory reset is recommended if failure happens, try again and I am sure you can get it done by following this guide, however you will need to make sure you follow all the steps one by one, and do NOT try jumping. Even the button of "OK" , "Open", "Done" or selecting app from Muti Task Manager instead of re-enter apps from the Home screen at different timing or sequence may impact the result.

This method has been tested on the following devices (model# ending with ANxxx or ALxxx after "-") running on Harmony OS 2.0:

Mate X Series: X2
    Mate 40 Series: 40 / 40 Pro / 40 Pro+
    Mate 30 Series: 30 4G / 30 5G / 30 Pro 4G / 30 Pro 5G,
    P40 Series: P40 / 4G / Pro / Pro+
    Mate Pad Series:Pro WIFI / Pro 5G

Note: international versions may not compatible

In this video, I am showing you how to Install Google Mobile Services (GMS) directly on Huawei Harmony OS 2.0 without rolling back your devices to EMUI 11 / 10 or even earlier. (this video is using Mate X2 as an example).

Preparation:
    1. Download the ZIP file (if the links are no longer working, please kindly leave comments and let me know)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14WBtObY6cxDxnXuAUKihrPDtN1ah_ckR/view?usp=sharing

or

Or

2. Extract “GMS_2023-02.zip”
    3. Copy foler "111" onto your computer C drive root directory
    4. Copy "huawei" folder onto your mobile/tablet device root directory
    5. Copy the balance files to somewhere in your mobile/tablet device (wherever you like)

Step by Step instructions:

1. Backup your data then Factory Reset your device (phone/tablet), ensuring it is in a clean condition

2. Go to Settings---About Phone----“Quickly click the Build number at least 7 times (this guide here is using 2.0.0.231 (C00E230R9P3patch03) to activate the “Developer options”

3. Go to “System & updates”, and turn off the ”App Guard” (skip this if using EMUI 11)

4. Return to Settings, at the top search section, enter keyword “HDB”, select and turn on “Allow connection via HDB”

5. Go to “Settings & updates” --- “Developer options”, turn on “USB debugging”

6. Use your cable to connect your device with computer

7. Swipe down from the top of your screen and change the connection from “Charing via USB” to “Transfer files” mode. Enter the “Connection verification code” that is showing up on Hisuite screen from your phone onto the Hisuite on your computer

8. Copy the GMS files onto your device

9. In your computer, click ”WIN” key,then enter “cmd” to enter “Command Prompt” (skip this if using EMUI 11)

10. Enter below commands one by one (make sure you see the message “success” before entering the next command. (skip this if using EMUI 11)

1) Cd\111

2) adb devices

3) adb uninstall com.huawei.localBackup

4) adb install Legacy.apk

11. after finish entering the commands from your computer end, return to your device. Install “Backup & restore” following the instruction from the phone. (skip this if using EMUI 11)

12. Disconnect your cable

13. Go to “Settings & updates” --- “Date & time”. Turn off “Set automatically” and change the date to July 10, 2020

14. Connect your USB-C storage device, wait for 30 seconds then go to “System & updates” ---“Backup & restore”, continue selecting “ALLOW”,then select “External storage”--- “USB storage”,select and restore “the 5:21am, Nov 11, 2019” backup; enter password: “a12345678”

16. Go to HOME screen, you will see and new app called “谷歌服务助手”, open it. Select “ALLOW” (you will delete this app after you have no issues running Google Suites), then “ACTIVATE”; You will see lots “!”, ignore that and click “开始下载”(start download),it will fail to download anything, ignore it as well. As soon as you see the loading spin, go back to HOME screen (do NOT close the app, just return to main screen)

17. Goto “Files”,Install “01_MicroG.apk”

18. Go to “Settings & updates” --- “Date & time”. Turn on “Set automatically”

19. The first time you click “SIGN IN“” will fail to open and flash exit, it is normal, click “SIGN IN” once again to login to your Google account. Once success, click “ I agree” and “CANCEL” (if you received error message “Sorry… You don’t have a network connection…” then restart your device and try again starting from “谷歌服务助手”,)

20. If you have multiple google account, repeat previous step
    21. Go back to “Files”,Install “02_Google Account Manager” until “07_Google Services Framework.apk”

22. Go to “Settings”---“ Users & accounts”, click “Google”, and then click “your account”, then click “Sync contacts”, then “sync now”

23. Return to home screen, click “Play Store” (WARNING: DON’T get too exciting and do NOT stop here. This is NOT done yet, otherwise I am sure you will see lots of errors while using the device. Do NOT even try to do anything until you finish this guide). You will find an error message “Authentication is required…”, this is normal. Ignore it.

24. return to home screen and uninstall MicroG

25. Go back to “Files”,Install “08_Google Play Services v19.2.75”

26. return to home screen and click “Pla yStore” (you may receive DF-DFERH-01 error, just click retry). You will hear lots of error notifications, ignore it.

Search and install “device id” which is the one from VtechSevi but not other developers,open “device id” once done,check if you can obtain the Google Service Framework (GSF) number

27. Go to “Settings”---“Apps and services”---“Apps”---search “Google Play services” ,click “FORCE STOP” until it is grey out, then “UNINSTALL”

28. Go to “files” and install“09_Google Play Services v19.4.20.apk”

29. Go to “Settings”---“Apps & services”---“Apps”---search keyword “Goo”, click the “4 docks” located at the right top corner”, select “Show system processes”, select “Google Service Framework”

(time sensitive here!!! needs to be quick and do not operate your device rather than following all the steps) click “FORCE STOP” (if it goes blue again, keep forcing it stop until it is grey), then click “Storage”---" CLEAR CACHE” and then “CLEAR DATA”, and then Press the power button---Restart your device right away

30. goto “Play Store”, you may receive DF-DFERH-01 error, this is normal and this is only time message, would not impact future operates

31. goto “DeviceID” check if the GSF number has become Unknown, if so, return to “Playstore” try click retry. If this error repeats, restart your device and wait for at least 2 mins before opening PlayStore again. If the error still shows up, unfortunately you will need to restart this guide again)

32. return to home screen, clear all the running tasks, then goto “DeviceID” and check if you can still have the GSF#

33. Go to“Settings”---“Apps & services”---“Apps”---search “Google Play services”, click “UNINSTALL”, you will be in “device administrator, then click “DEACTIVIATE AND UNINSTALL”

34. Go to “Files” and install “10_Google Play Services v20.12.14”

35. Return to main screen, restart your device and wait for at least 2 mins until the startup is done. If you hear tons of error notifications, then unfortunately you will need to restart this guide again

36. Open “Play Store”, check if it is working fine. If so, congrats but not done yet we need to move onto the final steps to ensure your device can pass the Google certify checks in the near future, so then you can feel free to update Google Play or other google related apps

37. install Chrome

38. goto “DeviceID”, click on the “Copy“ icon and copy your GSF#

38. goto “Files” and open the link in chrome, scroll to the bottom, paste the GSF# in the text box and check mark the robot test, then click “register”, then you will see a bunch of number at the bottom, which it means your device has been registered successfully.

37. goto “Play store”, search “Google Play service” and install “Play Services Info“, then open it and click “PlayStore” and open by “Google Playstore”, update the Google Play Service

38. return to home screen and restart your device

39. open “Playstore” and check if everything works fine

40. GMS installation is done : )
    Hi,
    This is a very nice article, congratulations !
    However, I would need an extra help, I am blocked at step 10, indeed, when I am typing Cd\111 and then click on "enter" computer says that "Le chemin d'accès spécifié est introuvable" (the specified path way was not found), any suggestion ?
    The easiest way is to go to the destinated folder (111) and hold shift and right click. Then click on "open PowerShell/CMD here"

If it opens PowerShell, simply type "CMD" and hit enter and you're in CMD
    Then you can proceed with uninstalling the backup app
    I was Instaling this on a HarmonyOS 2 Matepad 11 and when I try to do the step 20 the google accunt n the settings app deletes itself with the uninstalled applicaton so I cannot continue. I am basically stuck here please help.
    Ps. When I add the google account there is no "CANCEL" button coming up on the screen returns directly to the googlefier app and the 1st option disappears.
    Hey XDA,

Anyone else just suddenly getting: this device isn't play protect certified

I can't get rid of it, tried reinstalling google Play services etc.
    Yes, this happened earlier this week.

Here is the solution
    The easiest way is to go to the destinated folder (111) and hold shift and right click. Then click on "open PowerShell/CMD here"

If it opens PowerShell, simply type "CMD" and hit enter and you're in CMD
    Then you can proceed with uninstalling the backup app
    Thank you, it works :)