How To Guide Install Google Play Services on Honor Magic 3 Pro [UI 6.0 Downgradable] Android 11 Packages

Search This thread

benywu

Dec 12, 2022
I manage to make GMS worked natively with some limitations (push notifications using Google FCM and Map showing on some apps which can be solved by downloading those app from AppGallery).

I have been updated the file to Honor GMSv2.zip to most of file are Android 11 (API30) and recent working version possible. My phone run:
  • Magic UI 5.0.0.189 now (Mar 1 2022 security)
  • I uninstalled the system update to avoid update to UI 6.0
  • no possible solution yet for 6.0 for gms installation, Google will be removed on first reboot on 6.0
Credits to:
-Guide followed from https://club.hihonor.com/cn/thread-26315802-1-1.html

-Package Files gotten from EloYGomeZTv from Youtube

1 Download the Honor GMSv2.zip and unzip it to your preferred location
2 Copy "Huawei" folder prepared from Google Assistant Backup Folder to root directory of your phone
3 Turn off wifi and data, change date to 23/07/2020
4 Do normal restore operation. Open Settings->system->backup->restore the backup from internal storage (or using external drive-by keeping "Huawei" on root of the drive)

5 Open Google Service Assistant (G logo), click activate, and allow file permission
(must not click reinstall google button at the button)
6 Turn on wifi and/or data, change date to normal

7 Install 1-5 apps respectively
8 Go settings to Users & accounts=>add account=>Google (login your accounts)
***(0. MicroG-Huawei-FIX-ELOYGOMEZTV.apk will not be used unless you cannot add account successfully by those steps)
9 Install 6. com.google.android.gsf_11-30_minAPI30(nodpi)
10 Install 7. com.google.android.gms_17.8.57_(100400-256029040)
11 After that the notification keeps popping up, open the Google Play Store, go to store settings->disable auto-update apps

12 Go settings to App->Google Services Framework
->go storage and clear cache then clear data, force stop until gray out
13 Reboot, open Google Play Store, success!

--------------------------------------------
Google Chrome will not show any account at first, what you need to do is going to App->Chrome->Permissions->allow Contact permission (if any just allow all)
You should allow all permissions on most of installed Google apk after installation.

To uninstall system update, use adb with cmd:
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.hihonor.ouc

If you already on Magic UI 6.0 and want to downgrade to 5.0, you need 2 files
***For Magic3 Pro ELZ-AN10 --->>>
1. First patch to make system downgradable:

2. Full package 5.0 for system downgrade:

***For Magic3 Pro+ ELZ-AN20 --->>>

***For Magic3 ELZ-AN00 --->>> help yourself by downloading from THIS: Extraction code: p6pl

Disclaimer -
I am not the creator of this method and the files are not owned/ do not belong to me.

Follow the step to install the service at your own risk.
Thank you so much for sharing this method! Unfortunately the original upload for ELZ-AN10 5.0.0.186(C00E183R6P1)_Firmware_Magic UI 5.0_05017KCH.zip is no longer available. Would you mind re-uploading the zip file again? Much appreciated!

Last edited:

Chengrom

Dec 24, 2021
Huawei P50 Pro
Honor Magic4 Pro
Hey
I tested all of the downloads link from the first page, and they all worked. Some link in comments are move or invalid, so just go to the first page to download it.
Chengrom, any idea on how to enable volte on the Honor magic 3 Pro? ?

I can't find the option in settings and *#*#4636#*#* doesn't bring up the menu, so any other ideas?

Chengrom

Dec 24, 2021
Huawei P50 Pro
Honor Magic4 Pro
Hey

Chengrom, any idea on how to enable volte on the Honor magic 3 Pro? ?

I can't find the option in settings and *#*#4636#*#* doesn't bring up the menu, so any other ideas?
you can try "activity luancher" app and search for the "volte" setting, however if in mobile data or sim setting does not present the volte option, it may because your sim does not supported it. you can also try around 5g settings in mobile or developer options if it helps

you can try "activity luancher" app and search for the "volte" setting, however if in mobile data or sim setting does not present the volte option, it may because your sim does not supported it. you can also try around 5g settings in mobile or developer options if it helps
Activity launcher didn't work.
Developer options only have VoNR HD Voice, but not Volte HD voice.

Currently my area has volte, with my Sim supporting volte. And also connects to 5g when am in range, but VoNR hasn't been released in my area.
Without Volte, my Sim switches to 2g while making calls, annoying.

Hey, just recieved Magic UI 7.0 update.
I thought it would be android 13, but it's still android 12.

Anyone else recieved it? If u did, did you try installing gms?
Do tell me if u succeed using the gms method on this version of the os.

Screenshot_20230205_212117.jpg

Hey, just recieved Magic UI 7.0 update.
I thought it would be android 13, but it's still android 12.

Anyone else recieved it? If u did, did you try installing gms?
Do tell me if u succeed using the gms method on this version of the os.

View attachment 5828529

UPDATE: Gms installation on this version of the OS seems possible.

I haven't tried it fully because I can't reset my device.

And since uninstall buttons work, some kind of Huawei guide should work.

Main reason why I'm saying gms installation will work, is because I installed all gms apps just for fun, and when I tried adding account using old Google account manager, through "login on browser" option or the kind that's present, I'm able to add Google account to my device.

The Chinese lzplay app, still shows some error, but haven't tried it on freshly reset device.

So if anyone can, I'll be happy.
I really wanna but can't reset my device coz i'm outta country and can't receive otps to login everywhere.

BTW, I've added my an ss, showing tye Google account that I added to my phone directly using Google account manager. Screenshot_20230209_222035.jpg
I didn't even need micro g, eloy gomez fix for that.

Even Google drive works for a while before crashing, and chrome shows my Google account, when Turing on sync, but sync doesn't turn on, because probably my version of play services is wrong, or doesn't support android 12. Whichever is true.

Hey bro, read my previous reply about the changes in Magic UI 7, and see if u probably can get gms to work.

I've been having a fine life without gms, sometimes don't even realise it, but having gms is obviously much much better. I especially hate installing app updates one by one.

Hey bro, read my previous reply about the changes in Magic UI 7, and see if u probably can get gms to work.

I've been having a fine life without gms, sometimes don't even realise it, but having gms is obviously much much better. I especially hate installing app updates one by one.
UPDATE ON GMS IN MAGIC OS 7

Have been able to use Google, drive, chrome etc.
Account added.
Maps doesn't sign in. But location works.
Nearby share doesn't work.
Photos works, sign in okay, but can't turn on sync.
Chrome sync working.
Google contact sync works fine.
Google app glitches.

I think it's because I haven't been able to get the perfect combination of Google Play services.
Have been able to repeat the same results on multiple installations.
I haven't been able to reset my device, hence am unable to properly install
If someone can experiment and share results, u're welcome.

Screenshot attached.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230211_030106.jpg
    Screenshot_20230211_030106.jpg
    234.8 KB · Views: 64
  • Screenshot_20230211_022636.jpg
    Screenshot_20230211_022636.jpg
    291.1 KB · Views: 64
  • Screenshot_20230211_022620.jpg
    Screenshot_20230211_022620.jpg
    460.4 KB · Views: 55
  • Screenshot_20230211_022437.jpg
    Screenshot_20230211_022437.jpg
    640.3 KB · Views: 52
  • Screenshot_20230211_022627.jpg
    Screenshot_20230211_022627.jpg
    289.2 KB · Views: 51
  • Screenshot_20230211_022044.jpg
    Screenshot_20230211_022044.jpg
    300.2 KB · Views: 66
I have an Honor 80, it's got Magic OS 7 when I buy it. Achieved about the same results as you https://4pda.to/forum/index.php?showtopic=1037658&view=findpost&p=120752145
Please add me on telegram, +918638969275

On long term, some apps crash, that's the issue.
Can you share which version of play services u've installed?
The version I installed is causing crashes. Once in a while for other apps.
And what about play store?
I can't get play store to switch on, no matter what.

For Magic 3 Pro, I believe if someone updates from Google installed Magic ui 5 to Magic os 7. They will be able to retain Google services.

Have you tried the method given here?

Also I've observed that the play versions with signature 3391 or something which are compatible on magic ui 5,crasehes most often, while bm something signatures, don't crash as often.

Also latest version of Google account manager, causes issue.
But I haven't yet found which version will properly act.
I believe find the right version of account manger, will solve the issue of some Google apps not detecting the Google account.

Last edited:
While going through Chinese forums, I found a post which says that, the user installed Gms on Magicui 6, using an app, and that it should also work on magicos 7.

I'll attach the app link, someone try using it. I can't because it needs to pay 19 yuan to access the installation system for magic ui 6,while magic ui 5 installation is free.

If u do succeed or fail please do share.

App download link

marian daciu

Mar 14, 2011
While going through Chinese forums, I found a post which says that, the user installed Gms on Magicui 6, using an app, and that it should also work on magicos 7.

I'll attach the app link, someone try using it. I can't because it needs to pay 19 yuan to access the installation system for magic ui 6,while magic ui 5 installation is free.

If u do succeed or fail please do share.

App download link
Hi, this apk have chinese only language? How to change to english?

LeeRH001

Mar 1, 2023
I manage to make GMS worked natively with some limitations (push notifications using Google FCM and Map showing on some apps which can be solved by downloading those app from AppGallery).

I have been updated the file to Honor GMSv2.zip to most of file are Android 11 (API30) and recent working version possible. My phone run:
  • no possible solution yet for 6.0 for gms installation, Google will be removed on first reboot on 6.0
Credits to:

2 Copy "Huawei" folder prepared from Google Assistant Backup Folder to root directory of your phone
4 Do normal restore operation. Open Settings->system->backup->restore the backup from internal storage (or using external drive-by keeping "Huawei" on root of the drive)

5 Open Google Service Assistant (G logo), click activate, and allow file permission

***(0. MicroG-Huawei-FIX-ELOYGOMEZTV.apk will not be used unless you cannot add account successfully by those steps)
11 After that the notification keeps popping up, open the Google Play Store, go to store settings->disable auto-update apps

Google Chrome will not show any account at first, what you need to do is going to App->Chrome->Permissions->allow Contact permission (if any just allow all)
You should allow all permissions on most of installed Google apk after installation.

***For Magic3 ELZ-AN00 --->>> help yourself by downloading from THIS: Extraction code: p6pl

Disclaimer -
I am not the creator of this method and the files are not owned/ do not belong to me.

Credits to:

Disclaimer -

Hi,Do you have the Firmware of Magic3 ,ELZ-AN00, TKS alot

Hasibul_Islam

Dec 25, 2022
Can anyone help how to set up Native Google on Honor Magic 5 Ultimate Chinese version? and how to login Honor ID? when trying to login Honor Id It says ''Service are not available because your account is not registered for the current region".

Attachments

• 346019085_175986155424770_2446126404146244141_n.jpg
    346019085_175986155424770_2446126404146244141_n.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 42
  • 346102195_1381598382687680_6215202038734292189_n.jpg
    346102195_1381598382687680_6215202038734292189_n.jpg
    330 KB · Views: 45

Lullu_Coder12

Aug 11, 2023
Please anyone guide me how could i bypass FRP lock on my HONOR Pad 8 Magic UI 6
I have just bought it 6 days ago from amazon and then I setup it but I really was unaware of FRP and then i reset the Factory Default... but now it is asking for old password and Gmail login but i don't remember that...
Please help if anyone..

Credits to:

Disclaimer -

No need to Downgrade or anything anymore.

Magic Os 8, brings inbuilt GMS.
Just joined the public beta.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Credits to:

What differences for Honor phone, google play store will not update itself, google services and framework will not have uninstall button (but there're workaround to update it).

You should update to Google Play Services 20.18.17_(140408-311416286)-201817057_minAPI30 after no error notification pop up (and do not update it!)
    -Google Play Store, Google Play Services, and Google Framework can be updated using
    For Update or Uninstall.zip (see note in it),and below:
    +Google Play Services and Google Framework (open each folder)

1. install number one | 2. reboot | 3. uninstall | 4. install number two
    +Google Play Store
    1. download 2 files of new vesion from apkmirror, one is bd32 (blue) and another is 3891 (purple, there're 3, can choose one)
    *bd32 signature is unsupported one. *3891 signature is support to use
    2. install bd32 (using split apk installer or apkmirror installer)
    3. reboot | 4. unisntall play store | 5. install 3891 | 6. turn off auto-app update in play store
    ***in-case you see update notification, just cancel it, otherwise you need to reinstall play services again.

**Still error popping up
    1. Normal error (not red text notifications), clear cache and data on Google Services Framework, force stop and reboot.
    *if error remain, try it a few times

2. Red error (something with play protect is not certified...)
    -Download Google Chrome from store, click update play service when open chrome, reboot
    -Go to App->Google play service (see uninstall button), click uninstall
    -Install 7. com.google.android.gms_17.8.57_(100400-256029040).apk, clear cache and data on Google Services Framework, force stop and reboot.
    -After fix the error notification, you can update Google Play Services to 20.18.17_(140408)

3. If above method is not working, follow these steps:
    -Turn off wifi and data
    -Go settings to App-Google Play Store-click force stop store, go storage and clear cache then clear data
    -Go settings to App-Google Services Framework- go storage and clear cache then clear data, repeat clear those for 3 times,
    force stop until gray out
    -Reboot device (no internet yet)
    -Go settings to App-Google Play Services-clear cache, delete all data, then force stop until gray out
    -Reboot, turn on wifi, go play store to check

Flash those two packages subsequently using dload method
    1. Unzip it, and Copy the [dload entire folder] to the root directory of the U disk
    (format to exFAT/NTFS and use a good speed drive)
    2. Update can be done by 2 methods:
    a. Input on dialer *#*#2846579#*#* -> software upgrade -> SD card upgrade -> OK
    b. By vol-up+power when power off/restart to enter recovery --> software upgrade -> SD card upgrade
    3. Wait patiently for it to flash from 0% to 100% (around 2-3 min at most)

Disclaimer -

Still dont understand wby honor dont release and upgrade for all users for all phones and add gms now its allowed for them
    Corrently Honor lacking on supports. They don't even offer basic needs from user to downgrade with hihinor suite yet.

Never mind that to consider spending money to offer official gms.
    hola buen dia
    Estoy intentando pagar en la página con paypal pero no me deja
    Tiene actualice y quiero baja la versión
    ELZ-AN20

5.0.0.171 (C00E171R4P12)​

debe pedirle a Steph-xar el archivo, pero es posible que tenga el 5.0.0.186 para degradar.

De todos modos, 5.0.0.171 (C00E171R4P12) no funcionará para bajar de UI 6.0
    Hi All Friends.
    Any news for magic3 pro+? Are there any latest global rom for the Chinese variant?
    No global rom, this device hasn't been launched globally.

Even if it's, don't try to install global rom, u'll most likely brick your device.
    Is there any way to disable automatic System Update? My phone keep asking me to upgrade to Magic UI 6 :( I disabled Auto-Download over WLAN but it still reminds me many times per day
    You can uninstall system update app, as it is system app, you need to use pc connecting to phone with usb debugging enable.

if you have installed the adb environment, and know how-to, just simply apply this with cmd:

if you want much user-friendly way, you can install Multi-Tool 8 for HUAWEI & HONOR, and use it. You still need to use pc and usb debugging enabled phone.