How To Guide Install GSIs on Samsung Galaxy A32 4G (Experimental)

Search This thread

Airpewdiepie

May 31, 2018

bmDominatezz

Mar 10, 2021

bmDominatezz

Mar 10, 2021
I noticed the same issue. Bluetooth audio doesn't work, fixable with a setting change in PHH trebles settings.
Got any idea how I could root? All the methods seem to be meant for stock
You can try patching the img file of lineage os with magisk app. But it's not advised, some people say that their imei was removed after a few weeks. And without the vendor.img it feels sluggish right now. Are you going to use it on your daily driver?

Airpewdiepie

May 31, 2018
You can try patching the img file of lineage os with magisk app. But it's not advised, some people say that their imei was removed after a few weeks. And without the vendor.img it feels sluggish right now. Are you going to use it on your daily driver?
Im running descendant os, feels really smooth, definetly way better than stock. The imei problem has a fix by making a certain folder read-only.
I tried patching my boot img, got stuck on the warning. tried installing canary versions by flashing a zip file in twrp, while i could boot, as soon as i entered my wassword - system ui crashed. the lockscreen worked though. tried removing my password - bootloop

bmDominatezz

Mar 10, 2021
thanks you! does this odin file containt vendor image too?
update: phone doesnt built with this one, I guess current vendor.img doesnt work with a325f models

Last edited:

bmDominatezz

Mar 10, 2021
Ok, I'll try not to mess it all up this time...

Here is the link to download: {Mod edit: Link removed. ufile.io is not accepted as file host on XDA}. That is super.img I've created using my script, it is packed into a tar archive and zipped to reduce the size for file sharing. It is specifically for SM-A325F, based on the NPB (Nepal/Butan) version of the firmware and contains LiR v3.16. After unzipping it is ready to be flashed using Odin into the AP slot over the stock NPB firmware. That means, you have to download and flash it first, then flash the super.img. After each flashing go straight into the Recovery mode and do factory reset, only then boot the system.

But that's not all, additionally you have to extract and flash optics.img from your regional firmware. Here is how to do it. Changing optics.img to your regional one is not compulsory but with the Nepalese/Butanese one you'll only have a few major cellular providers working. You can do it at any time after flashing the system, it does not require factory reset.

I have chosen the NPB stock firmware as the basis because after analyzing contents of other regional firmware I've found that it is probably the most non-bloated and privacy-respecting of all (the worst were Russian and European).
hey man can I try your image too?

bmDominatezz

Mar 10, 2021

Airpewdiepie

May 31, 2018
Android 13 Beta GSI works pretty stable for me, more stable than Lineage

Magisk also works as well just dont forget to run the command
Code:
chmod 550 /mnt/vendor/nvdata/md/NVRAM/NVD_IMEI

And I also recommend Pixelify magisk module
How did you get magisk to work?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have tested 2 GSI's so far, phh's AOSP and AndyYan's LineageOS 19.1.

Everything works so far except:
    • MTP file transfer
    • Fingerprint reader
    • File encryption (GSIs don't boot if you dont disable encryption)
    So, if you wanna install one, here's what I did:

Install Prove N's Unofficial TWRP and follow his guide. DONT INSTALL MAGISK, IT HAS THE IMEI PROBLEM AND ITS NOT TESTED WITH GSIs

Download your preferred GSI, I recommend lineage-19.1-20220320-UNOFFICIAL-arm64_bvS.img.xz, comes without GAPPS (Use bgS if you want em).
    Extract it and rename the .img file to system.img

(Optional) Download this vendor.img, I made a treble overlay and added it to the image. The rom should be more stable and power management should be fixed with that. I still have to push the changes to github.

Download ChonDoe_Flasher.zip, it's a tool to flash dynamic partitions. It checks your storage for system.img and vendor.img.

Get a microSD card, and copy to the root of it the ChonDoe_Flasher.zip, system.img and vendor.img.

Boot to TWRP, and install the ChonDoe zip, wait till it finishes flashing.

Reboot to TWRP again, so it can mount the vendor partition again, go to the terminal and type multidisabler, so we remove encryption.

Format data, internal storage and reboot, you should be ready to go.

Settings in PHH Treble Settings
    • Go to Samsung features and check "Enable extended brightness range" and "Enable access to all cameras".
    • Go to Misc features and check "Use alternate way to detect headsets"
    • To get the display working at 90hzs go to "Force FPS" and check the option.
    • On camera check "Expose Aux cameras" and "Force Enable Camera2API HAL3" (In theory you should get better photos with that but I didn't go outside today lol)
    For the lack of MTP file transfer, I'm using ADB instead of MTP with this tool for uploading and getting files from internal storage: Python ADB File Explorer. Suprisingly it's faster than MTP for some reason...

I know MTP can be fixed changing the kernel driver, I have compiled the kernel from @Prove N. , he had some USB fixes, but I don't know how to pack it for Samsung, It could be nice to have it for GSIs. If anyone wants to help me with these small issues it would be awesome.

Report bugs, workarounds and fixes here in this thread, let's try to make this phone usable!
    Ok, I'll try not to mess it all up this time...

Here is the link to download: {Mod edit: Link removed. ufile.io is not accepted as file host on XDA}. That is super.img I've created using my script, it is packed into a tar archive and zipped to reduce the size for file sharing. It is specifically for SM-A325F, based on the NPB (Nepal/Butan) version of the firmware and contains LiR v3.16. After unzipping it is ready to be flashed using Odin into the AP slot over the stock NPB firmware. That means, you have to download and flash it first, then flash the super.img. After each flashing go straight into the Recovery mode and do factory reset, only then boot the system.

But that's not all, additionally you have to extract and flash optics.img from your regional firmware. Here is how to do it. Changing optics.img to your regional one is not compulsory but with the Nepalese/Butanese one you'll only have a few major cellular providers working. You can do it at any time after flashing the system, it does not require factory reset.

I have chosen the NPB stock firmware as the basis because after analyzing contents of other regional firmware I've found that it is probably the most non-bloated and privacy-respecting of all (the worst were Russian and European).
    all good please create one ui firmware
    Do you really need it? First, OneUI is not to be trusted as it's proprietary and not fully open-source, second, the only GSI version of it I can find (repacked by erfanoabdi) is very old (2019).
    Would love this tbh.
    gapps would be preferred
    I tried to download it, but it took 1 hour and chrome said "network error", so i only can get the lineage os gsi.
    Maybe it is because they have bad servers
    I install gsi without chindoe flasher,Just bootlock,install twrp with vbmeta,and next reboot in twrp,reboot in fastboot,erase sistema and flash system with fastboot....