Install International Android 6.01 ROMS on the N920T/N920W8 with working call audio

Search This thread

mastergrillo

Aug 11, 2010
Las Vegas
I made a kit for those who want to use Android 6.01 Roms from the international threads on the N920T and N920W8 with working call audio

Before you start with this guide please read the whole thing before doing any modifications to your phone.

1. Download desired Intl ROM
2. Download This KIT
3. Download TWRP
3. Download SuperSU 2.71 BETA
4. Remove the .MD5 file extention on the BL and CP files and just leave the .tar
5. Using ODIN flash the BL and CP files
6. Using ODIN flash TWRP and reboot in to TWRP
7. Install desired Intl ROM and reboot in to Download Mode
8. Using Odin flash boot.tar and reboot in to TWRP
9. Install N920T MM Call audio fix and SuperSU 2.71 BETA (this is really important or your device will keep on booting in to recovery)
10. Enjoy

THE KERNEL IS INSIDE THE KIT FROM STEP#2 MUST USE KERNEL IN COMBINATION WITH AUDIO FIX OR YOU WILL NOT GET CALL AUDIO AFTER FLASHING THE KERNEL YOU MUST INSTALL SUPERSU 2.71 OR IT WON'T BOOT.

IF YOU SAY YOU FOLLOWED THE INSTRUCTION EXACTLY AND YOU DON'T GET CALL AUDIO BECAUSE YOU INSTALLED A DIFFERENT KERNEL ITS BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS EXACTLY.

The BL and CP files are only for N920T if you have a N920W8 that already has MM just use the call audio fix, kernel and supersu zip
I didn't provide the supersu zip, ODIN, and TWRP please search for those files in the threads
not responsible any damaged caused by this kit and please back-up before flashing anything
Also anyone is welcome to use the files in your ROMS just give credit

Last edited:

the.emilio

I made a kit for those who want to use Android 6.01 Roms from the international threads on the N920T and N920W8 with working call audio

2. Download This KIT
3. Download TWRP
4. Using ODIN flash the BL and CP files
5. Using ODIN flash TWRP and reboot in to TWRP
6. Install desired Intl ROM and reboot in to Download Mode
7. Using Odin flash boot.tar and reboot in to TWRP
8. Install N920T MM Call audio fix and SuperSU 2.71 BETA and reboot
9. Enjoy

i didn't provide the supersu zip, ODIN, and TWRP please search for those files in the threads

not responsible any damaged caused by this kit and please back-up before flashing anything

Awesome! Thanks a bunch!

2. Download This KIT
3. Download TWRP
9. Enjoy

i didn't provide the supersu zip, ODIN, and TWRP please search for those files in the threads

I followed all steps everything works i cannot test call audio because i have no sim right now but @Jammol @chipworkz can you guys try and verify call audio i can only confirm it boots and works perfectly but cant test audio

the.emilio

2. Download This KIT
3. Download TWRP
9. Enjoy

I get an md5 error binary invalid when trying to flash the files.

Thanks for helping

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Will try my best thanks to you for helping the tmo guys :)

I flashed the simple s7 edge rom i mean i dont see all stuff like the modified stuff maybe is because there no kernel? I only have s7 edge side panel but stuff like keep playing music while recording and the call record stuff like that i dont see them does your decent rom have all features like it says or ??? I am confused in this part

Btw step 4 i skipped it because i was already on tmo bl and cp
And step from boot.tar the boot img is the stock from the n920tw8 tar??? Or is different?

Last edited:

mastergrillo

Aug 11, 2010
Las Vegas
Stock n920w8 tar since there is no custom kernel yet i put together the zip for people who want to try MM coming from LP but if you have MM BL and modem already there is no need to flash those again

Reactions: steve97ta

the.emilio

Rename i mean delete .md5 and leave it with .tar it should go well

Awesome! That worked. Now running MyLiluthS7 Edge rom from the international section. Call audio works. Tested by calling the cable company and they have a voice prompt automated system. Recognized everything. Tested a few SMS. Perfect!! So excited to see how MM works on this device. Thanks again to both you and the OP.

Reactions: JonathanRAZ
Awesome! That worked. Now running MyLiluthS7 Edge rom from the international section. Call audio works. Tested by calling the cable company and they have a voice prompt automated system. Recognized everything. Tested a few SMS. Perfect!! So excited to see how MM works on this device. Thanks again to both you and the OP.
Your welcome but all credits to OP btw does all the features work on myliluths7???

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

the.emilio

Your welcome but all credits to OP btw does all the features work on myliluths7???

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

So far they seem to. S Pen works did few screen writes to test it out. Edited the App Edge feature to put my own apps as I see fit. Pretty decent light rom. Looks like the dev wasn't trying to go overboard with it which is what I prefer. Don't need all the extra bells and whistles like 3minit or potato clock. Theyre nice additions but I have no use. This rom seems perfect for my daily use.

Numzi

Jun 5, 2013
Hi. Thanks for this. I've tried to download the KIT but when using the Mega App it gets stuck on preparing download, but when in Desktop mode it asks for a decryption key. Any help?

Hi. Thanks for this. I've tried to download the KIT but when using the Mega App it gets stuck on preparing download, but when in Desktop mode it asks for a decryption key. Any help?
Try it again for me is working good do you have the latest mega ??
53e9a81d5862387c9b2c1216f1aff791.jpg

a56be95d63f0655b5992bbdc0e246575.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Before you start with this guide please read the whole thing before doing any modifications to your phone.

2. Download This KIT
    3. Download TWRP
    4. Remove the .MD5 file extention on the BL and CP files and just leave the .tar
    5. Using ODIN flash the BL and CP files
    6. Using ODIN flash TWRP and reboot in to TWRP
    7. Install desired Intl ROM and reboot in to Download Mode
    8. Using Odin flash boot.tar and reboot in to TWRP
    9. Install N920T MM Call audio fix and SuperSU 2.71 BETA (this is really important or your device will keep on booting in to recovery)
    10. Enjoy

THE KERNEL IS INSIDE THE KIT FROM STEP#2 MUST USE KERNEL IN COMBINATION WITH AUDIO FIX OR YOU WILL NOT GET CALL AUDIO AFTER FLASHING THE KERNEL YOU MUST INSTALL SUPERSU 2.71 OR IT WON'T BOOT.

IF YOU SAY YOU FOLLOWED THE INSTRUCTION EXACTLY AND YOU DON'T GET CALL AUDIO BECAUSE YOU INSTALLED A DIFFERENT KERNEL ITS BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS EXACTLY.

The BL and CP files are only for N920T if you have a N920W8 that already has MM just use the call audio fix, kernel and supersu zip
    I didn't provide the supersu zip, ODIN, and TWRP please search for those files in the threads
    I've been reading the original post and I haven't fine the kernal I only see the kit. I know it too much to ask can you please let me know where it is . Our fine me a link to it I appreciate I read that whole op
    Dude you really need to either read the instructions in the OP or not try to modify your phone in any way and simply wait for MM for the T variant. There is literally no other way to explain to you what to do to get this working. Everything is in the OP, you just need to read it and follow step by step.

Did you unzip the kit zip? You might want to start with that. Everything comes on xda with the idea that each user at least has common knowledge of software, hardware; whether computer or phone, and lastly, the drive to research. Please make sure you're willing to learn these things before potentially breaking your device.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk
    i have tried following the OP instructions exactly and it boot loops my phone
    You're not you must use kernel in the OP the kernel you're using is for the n920c variants and does not work with call audio we cant use custom kernels until one of the devs updates the sources

Thanks OP!

I'm starting to think we're working harder than T-Mobile and Samsung, delivering MM for the T-Mobile Note 5.

not everyone here doing this knows the exact terminology for everything android. i just recently learned that the boot.img is the file that holds the kernel. instead of bashing everyone that asks a "dumb" question you could consider refining your OP a little bit for people that are newer to android modification like myself. I do appreciate what you are doing for us however, so thanks.
    You obviously didn't read the previous posts if the person I quoted would have followed the instructions he wouldn't have the need to ask where the to download the kernel.

Everyone here is all for helping others but the user has to do their part in researching before asking questions that can be easily answered by reading a few posts or doing a simple search and can you really say that I "bashed" someone for asking if they read the OP.