• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Install Mi11i/Mi11x ROM on Poco F3 posible?!

Search This thread

jpdediego

Jun 18, 2008
Mexico City
Xiaomi Poco F3
The difference is the model. Poco F3 and Redmi K40 are the alioth model, while Mi 11X is aliothin. Most custom roms makes the distinction between models at flashing, who isn't the case for stock. There's the slight chance to brick the phone while flashing the China version, plus the baseband aren't the same.

If you like to test pure MIUI instead of Poco MIUI, why not instead extract the desired APKs in Mi 11X ROM and replace them in your Poco F3?
Yes, i believe Mi 11x had different screen.
The idea is to keep it simple instead of tweaking, the K40 firmware will be the way to go, but I'm not sure that firmware has Google services.
I've read the best firmware is the one for China, and xiaomi.eu is based on that firmware but tuned for other markets.
But that imply unlocking, installing twrp, etc so it's not that straight forward

Revolver

Oct 1, 2013
Santiago
www.twitter.com
Yes, i believe Mi 11x had different screen.
The idea is to keep it simple instead of tweaking, the K40 firmware will be the way to go, but I'm not sure that firmware has Google services.
I've read the best firmware is the one for China, and xiaomi.eu is based on that firmware but tuned for other markets.
But that imply unlocking, installing twrp, etc so it's not that straight forward
Not for every user, but we are in XDA.

strelokcyka

Aug 22, 2019
So, im tired of Google contacts and calendar...and my Poco F3 came with that pre-installed instead of Xiaomi/MIUI ones.

My question is: can i install via Mi Flashtools the ROM of Mi11i or Mi11x to archieve that?

I have try installing the apk for Miui contacts and dialer but they wont work, wont Open after installing. But the Miui calendar works fine.

Course i love the Miui stock launcher better than POCO launcher too.

Can i do what i say above?! Thanks

no, not a good idea

rooting and systemizing those apks will possibly work.

I suggest you unlock your bootloader and Flash a xiaomi.eu Rom(Lots of videos on YouTube FYI) via TWRP . It has MI Dialer and Contacts. Don't flash Stock ROM of other regions or sub brands.

no ad infinitum

Reactions: dreamytom

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So, im tired of Google contacts and calendar...and my Poco F3 came with that pre-installed instead of Xiaomi/MIUI ones.

My question is: can i install via Mi Flashtools the ROM of Mi11i or Mi11x to archieve that?

I have try installing the apk for Miui contacts and dialer but they wont work, wont Open after installing. But the Miui calendar works fine.

no, not a good idea

I suggest you unlock your bootloader and Flash a xiaomi.eu Rom(Lots of videos on YouTube FYI) via TWRP . It has MI Dialer and Contacts. Don't flash Stock ROM of other regions or sub brands.

no ad infinitum

I suggest flashing China ROM directly instead... Miui.eu is unstable garbage , feels like a bad custom ROM with all of it's FPS drops and random lag spikes.

I tried China developer build while I was on my downgrade spree and I can say performance was immensely better . Everything else tho not so much ...

Better than EU for sure but I prefer global over it. Google services and everything else...
    Sounds like user error.

Unlock your bootloader & flash Xiaomi.eu Custom ROM. It's the best version of MIUI and includes Mi Phone (with Call Rec) & Mi Contacts. Don't flash Mi 11X ROM onto the Poco F3.

And don't flash the China ROM. It doesn't contain Google Services and is generally not optimised for Use outside of that region.
    The user above me is full of ****.

no, not a good idea

no ad infinitum