How To Guide Install native GMS, Google Play Store directly on Harmony OS 3.0 (Tested Feb 2023)

Search This thread

Archibald1963

Mar 4, 2017
Huawei Mate X2
-With push notification I give full permission to the app you want push notification like Messenger, Gmail....
-Go to the Launch manager and select Manager manually then tick all the application items for which you want push notifications
-Battery setting : More battery setting >>> Stay connected while asleep
This is well known method, you can use it without GMS for applications not depending on services, we are talking about Gmail for example after you installed GMS....

svechka

Dec 28, 2014
-With push notification I give full permission to the app you want push notification like Messenger, Gmail....
-Go to the Launch manager and select Manager manually then tick all the application items for which you want push notifications
-Battery setting : More battery setting >>> Stay connected while asleep
Thanks, but it does not work for me. I tried on Gmail.

svechka

Dec 28, 2014
I wonder, why it is so difficult to make push notifications working on HarmonyOS?
As far as I know, gbox, lighthouse and gspase might do that, so I suppose that it is possible not only on a virtual device, but also on a local one. It might be said that on a local device everything is difficult with system signature spoofing support and so on, but when I was using just microg only on HarmonyOS, push notifications surprizingly came flying sometimes! therefore, technically that is possible without changing ROM.
Is that clearly described somwhere:
1. What is the problem to make HarmonyOS working with GMS?
2. What does the app com.lzplay.helper from the video above?

ancola66

Oct 16, 2007
I wonder, why it is so difficult to make push notifications working on HarmonyOS?
As far as I know, gbox, lighthouse and gspase might do that, so I suppose that it is possible not only on a virtual device, but also on a local one. It might be said that on a local device everything is difficult with system signature spoofing support and so on, but when I was using just microg only on HarmonyOS, push notifications surprizingly came flying sometimes! therefore, technically that is possible without changing ROM.
Is that clearly described somwhere:
1. What is the problem to make HarmonyOS working with GMS?
2. What does the app com.lzplay.helper from the video above?
A very good question. I get 2 errors:
Gmail does not announce the number of push notifications on the Gmail icon, but it still announces in the Status Bar that there is a new Gmail and a summary of the content. This problem is not serious for me because I still know there is a new Gmail.
- I can make calls on Messenger but can't receive Messenger calls. When there is an incoming caller, all is silent, the call screen is not turned on, there is no notification in the status bar, there is no notification sound... All are not but in Messenger, there is a missed call notification. This is my main problem.

ancola66

Oct 16, 2007
A very good question. I get 2 errors:
Gmail does not announce the number of push notifications on the Gmail icon, but it still announces in the Status Bar that there is a new Gmail and a summary of the content. This problem is not serious for me because I still know there is a new Gmail.
- I can make calls on Messenger but can't receive Messenger calls. When there is an incoming caller, all is silent, the call screen is not turned on, there is no notification in the status bar, there is no notification sound... All are not but in Messenger, there is a missed call notification. This is my main problem.
Omg! Messenger call receiving issue has been resolved. I loaded an older version of Messenger on APKpure : 370.0.0.14.108 and it worked perfectly, I got the Messenger call
I think it is possible with other applications as well because it will be compatible with Google Services, Google Framework (Time Compatibility) that we made a toolkit to install Google on Harmony OS3.0.
Before Messenger I also downloaded Google map with an older version and it works better than the one available on Google Play.

Reactions: svinwen

svechka

Dec 28, 2014
Omg! Messenger call receiving issue has been resolved. I loaded an older version of Messenger on APKpure : 370.0.0.14.108 and it worked perfectly, I got the Messenger call
I think it is possible with other applications as well because it will be compatible with Google Services, Google Framework (Time Compatibility) that we made a toolkit to install Google on Harmony OS3.0.
Before Messenger I also downloaded Google map with an older version and it works better than the one available on Google Play.
Yeah... we have an outstanding hardware and OS, but with outdated software))) It's a pity..

ancola66

Oct 16, 2007
Update : If you follow this method, don't install Device ID app and check it on Google Android device. Doing so google will check if your device is using pirated google and will lock your google.

*** No matter which method is used, the device cannot be checked on Google Android device

ancola66

Oct 16, 2007
Gmail push 😀
Screenshot_20221202_183335_com.huawei.android.launcher.jpg

Reactions: svechka

ancola66

Oct 16, 2007
Could you please share how have you managed to do that?
I'm still experimenting
As you know google services and google services framework is to support google utilities mainly, but the manufacturers of applications available on the play store must also change according to these services.
We are using google services and google services framework before the legal battle between google and huawei took effect so it is old versions. That means it will not support the current applications on the play store
The method we already have, the remaining problem is how to find the latest version of google services and google services framework without being detected by google. This problem takes time to test.
To test it does not affect the device at all, because it is actually just apk software, it does not interfere with the boot loader so it is very safe >>> If you don't like it or don't, then we just remove it :D.

ancola66

Oct 16, 2007
Yeah... we have an outstanding hardware and OS, but with outdated software))) It's a pity..
You say that is not entirely true, Google includes 3 main applications: Play Store, Google Services and Google Services Framework, these 3 applications are mainly to support native applications that belong to Google. In which the Play Store application still automatically updates to the new version, only Google Services and the Google service framework we have to use the version before the legal battle occurs.
So all other applications are still the latest versions of the software and google apps latest versions on the play store (Gmail, Map, Youtbe, Driver...) still work. built on Google Services and the old Google Services Framework.

Alxjamuschua

Dec 7, 2022
Huawei Mate 40 Pro
Hi there, using a Mate 40 Pro. Recently just updated from HarmonyOS 2.0 to HarmonyOS 3.0. I've got my GMS installed on HarmonyOS 2.0. But when I updated to HarmonyOS 3.0, GMS doesn't work so well. Google Maps took a bit longer to locate my location. Youtube only works after opening several times but it also popped up "YouTube Keeps Stopping" if the app doesn't open. When I open a bus service app, it doesn't show the Google Map but only "Google Play services are updating". Anyone experiencing this issue?

ancola66

Oct 16, 2007
Thanks! I tried that method for several times, but after installing "4 GSF Fix.apk", push notifications stop working. How have you managed to get over that?
I stopped at the following step after installing google services framework 4.1.2. The apps still run fine. However, at that time there will be a warning from Google Service that this device is not certified. You just need to go to the Google Service application and turn off the notification function is OK.
Maybe I will consider whether to install Google framework 10 or not.
I also did the last step before but push is not working like you.
But I think that google apps are still running fine, don't need to update Google Services Framework.
I'll test it out tonight if it's OK then that's a great thing, otherwise I'll go on and think why not as instructed to the last step.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi there, using a Mate 40 Pro. Recently just updated from HarmonyOS 2.0 to HarmonyOS 3.0. I've got my GMS installed on HarmonyOS 2.0. But when I updated to HarmonyOS 3.0, GMS doesn't work so well. Google Maps took a bit longer to locate my location. Youtube only works after opening several times but it also popped up "YouTube Keeps Stopping" if the app doesn't open. When I open a bus service app, it doesn't show the Google Map but only "Google Play services are updating". Anyone experiencing this issue?
    Confirmed, I have it installed and it works on Huawei Mate 50 local version. Just keep calm and follow each step correctly
    During the installation process, you may not be able to run Google Play, but you just need to clear the data and run Google Paly to try again.

*** Update : Running Gmail has an error that the application needs google services. After 6 hours, the Google applications are not running because of the error: Google does not support this device.
    Well the real question is whether it is a firmware or hardware issue. If just firmware then by theory I can also flash my mate 50 pro with the Chinese harmony os3. FYI my device originally was EMUI13. I changed the region from Malaysia to Hong Kong (China) and searched for update and this allowed me to update to harmony os 3.0.0.189. So I believe my device now has the Chinese firmware. Question is why can't lz play run? Is it cos my hardware is different? My model number is DCO-LX9. Or am I missing something?
    There are a few differences:
    1. Your phone code is still the international version even though you have changed to Harmony OS >>> Phone manager will easily detect this.
    2. The latest update of the Chinese domestic version is .197 and yours is the latest .189. That proves that Harmony OS is written specifically for international and domestic device codes. They have different bootloaders.
    I also encountered a few cases in Vietnam and the solution to install Google still had to be used through the Light Hause application.
    Hey, I have the same problems with P40 Pro rebranded to Chinese ROM (HarmonyOS 3.0). For now the best solution, that works well, is to use Gbox app and clone apps that need to use Google Maps to work. I can confirm that it works good. I don't know what Huawei did in HarmonyOS 3.0, but on 2.0 everything worked well.
    @kakashi1912 @Stalmoker @sgPrototype @ChrisFoster @Archibald1963 @Alxjamuschua @ThatsYisy @ancola66

Here I typed a post at the official Harmony OS developers forum telling this bug in HOS 3.0 update.

It would be nice if more people with a Huawei phone support me in this thread that I opened so that they can solve this important bug:

How to install GMS
    Harmony OS 3.1 has newer processes

*** IMPORTANT NOTE ***
    I am working on the step by step instructions, stay tune~~

Do NOT give up if your first attempt fails. Backup data and Factory reset is recommended before working on this. Please make sure you follow all the steps one by one, and do NOT try jumping, processing in different timing or sequence may impact the result.

Note: international versions are not compatible,

Preparation:
    1. Download the ZIP file (if the links are no longer working, please kindly leave comments and let me know)

or
    Or

2. Extract the zip file and save the files without folders onto your mobile device

How to upgrade your device to HarmonyOS 3.0 if you have not yet received push OTA update

How to obtain approval for paticipating the HarmonyOS 3.0 Open Beta

_____________________________________________________________________________________
    Current Eligible Devices:
    Huawei Mate Series:
    HUAWEI Mate Xs 2 series
    HUAWEI Mate X2 series
    HUAWEI Mate 40 series

Huawei P Series:
    HUAWEI P50 series

Huawei MatePad Series:
    HUAWEI MatePad Pro 12.6" 2021
    HUAWEI MatePad Pro 10.8" 2021
    HUAWEI MatePad 11

Huawei TV Series:
    HUAWEI Vision V65 Pro
    HUAWEI Vision V75 Pro

Huawei Wear Series
    HUAWEI WATCH 3 Pro
    HUAWEI WATCH 3

Huawei Sound Series:
    HUAWEI Sound X NEW
    HUAWEI Sound X 2021
    HUAWEI Sound Joy
    HUAWEI AI Speaker 2e

_____________________________________________________________________________________
    Upcoming supported devices in Season 4 2022:
    Phones:
    HUAWEI Mate Xs
    HUAWEI Mate 30 Series
    HUAWEI nova 10 series
    HUAWEI nova 9
    HUAWEl nova 9 Pro
    HUAWEI nova 8 Series
    HUAWEI nova 7 Series
    HUAWEI nova 6 Series
    HUAWEI P40 series

Tablets:
    HUAWEI MatePad Pro 10.8

TVs:
    HUAWEI Vision V98
    HUAWEI Vision V65 2021
    HUAWEI Vision V75 2021
    HUAWEI Vision V85 2021

Wear:
    HUAWEI WATCH GT series

More to be supported in 2023:
    HUAWEI Mate 30/20/X/10 series
    HUAWEI P30/20 series
    HUAWEI Nova 8/7/6/5/4 series
    HUAWEI 畅享 series
    HUAWEI 麦芒 series

Honor 30/20/10/9/8 series
    Honor V30/V20/V10 series
    Honor Magic2
    Honor X series
    Honor Play series

HUAWEI MatePad 10.4