Question Install of YouTube Vanced blocked

Search This thread

fingery

Hi all,
Anybody any idea how to install YouTube Vanced on a stock Mi11?

I've installed the manager and microg from apkmirror but can't install YouTube Vanced as still being blocked.

The previous method of disabling miui optimisations from developer options is no longer there.

.... Alternatively any other way to have YouTube with less/no ads?

Any help appreciated👍

User699

Feb 28, 2021
Hi all,

I've installed the manager and microg from apkmirror but can't install YouTube Vanced as still being blocked.

The previous method of disabling miui optimisations from developer options is no longer there.

Any help appreciated👍
If your shell can be run as root, search for ad and tracking hosts lists on the net and place them inside of your /system/etc/hosts file.
Also, you could use the app "Blockada".

Those methods will block ads and tracking systemwide, however...

Eidenz

Hi all,

Any help appreciated👍

You might need to disable MIUI optimization in the developer options. Always work for me. Also fixes a lot of notification issues.

cerbsium

Apr 20, 2014
You might need to disable MIUI optimization in the developer options. Always work for me. Also fixes a lot of notification issues.
But the MIUI Optimization is not displayed for everyone. For some people, the entry is not there under developer options (like in my case). If you search under settings, it shows the entry but when you click on the search result, it brings you to the developer options where MIUI optimization is not displayed. Seems to be hidden.
Just wondering why for some users it is there and for others not.

Eidenz

But the MIUI Optimization is not displayed for everyone. For some people, the entry is not there under developer options (like in my case). If you search under settings, it shows the entry but when you click on the search result, it brings you to the developer options where MIUI optimization is not displayed. Seems to be hidden.
Just wondering why for some users it is there and for others not.

Hm I see. I saw the same kind of behavior on the F2 Pro forums before. My only guess is either the region you set, or the MIUI version (globale, Europe, China).
I bought the Chinese version (with region set to France), and the option is there for me.

But yeah, if you don't have it, you either have to use another app/version of Vanced, or deal with the manual installation that requires a PC, Split APK installer and the Shizuku app (kinda a pain to install a single app, but used to do that since I really wanted it on my F2 pro).

cerbsium

Apr 20, 2014
Hm I see. I saw the same kind of behavior on the F2 Pro forums before. My only guess is either the region you set, or the MIUI version (globale, Europe, China).
I bought the Chinese version (with region set to France), and the option is there for me.

But yeah, if you don't have it, you either have to use another app/version of Vanced, or deal with the manual installation that requires a PC, Split APK installer and the Shizuku app (kinda a pain to install a single app, but used to do that since I really wanted it on my F2 pro).
Makes sense, thanks for the explanation. I have the global version and the region is set to Germany. The interesting thing though is that several persons bought over the same shop as I did (was a special offer) and some have MIUI displayed and others (like me) do not have it. Maybe phones coming out of different factories or different production lines may cause this.
For now, I will wait to install Vanced. I hope that MIUI 12.5 fixes those things, if not, then I will go the route via Xiaomi EU ROM.

Jhonxs

Apr 15, 2013
Hello guys,

I have the mi 11 ultra china rom and i do have the option to disable miui optimizations in developer mode.
The problem is that as soon as i do that the fonts look really big and they don't resolve when tweaking the font size etc.

Do you know what are the downsides of disabling the miui optimizations from the developer mode ?
Mind you the rom is working flawlessly so far , i have all the notifications and functions ok.

Thanks !

Eidenz

Hello guys,

I have the mi 11 ultra china rom and i do have the option to disable miui optimizations in developer mode.
The problem is that as soon as i do that the fonts look really big and they don't resolve when tweaking the font size etc.

Do you know what are the downsides of disabling the miui optimizations from the developer mode ?
Mind you the rom is working flawlessly so far , i have all the notifications and functions ok.

Thanks !

Unfortunately, I don't think anyone outside MIUI developers will be able to say in details what MIUI optimization really does. All we have is a "global idea" and guesses from experience.

As you experienced, disabling optimization may affect the way MIUI look, mostly the default launcher and fonts. Your icons may look a bit different as well.

Some people report that disabling optimization improves their battery life, while others say the opposite. Same thing for floating windows: for most people it still work, but a few reported that the feature is no longer working while optimization is turned off.
So disabling it may or may not break MIUI-specific features, it really depends on your device from what we see.

Overall, we can't be sure what it will do on your specific device/version. You'll likely have to test by yourself.
Even though I always disable optimizations when I'm on the official ROM, just know that some developers, specifically the devs at Xiaomi.eu, recommend you to keep it on.

Jhonxs

Apr 15, 2013
Thanks for the info @Eidenz , will keep it on and monitor closely the battery life as well the behavior of the aps.
So far I'm pretty amazed that everything is working flawlessly.
I'm not sure I want to switch to xiaomi.eu but will see..

As a workaround I'm using blokada with some youtube ads blocking list.
It's mostly ok but I do see the ads at the start and sometimes at the end of the video, but not the ads during the video.

Cheers !

Eidenz

Thanks for the info @Eidenz , will keep it on and monitor closely the battery life as well the behavior of the aps.
So far I'm pretty amazed that everything is working flawlessly.
I'm not sure I want to switch to xiaomi.eu but will see..

As a workaround I'm using blokada with some youtube ads blocking list.
It's mostly ok but I do see the ads at the start and sometimes at the end of the video, but not the ads during the video.

Cheers !

No worries. There are even more workarounds if you're interested:

You can disable MIUI optimization to install Youtube Vanced, and then turn it back on. The app will keep working, the problem is only in the installation process.

You may also install Vanced manually using your PC by following the official tutorial: https://www.reddit.com/r/Vanced/wiki/installation

Or you may use that "Pure Tuber" app that got mentionned at the top of this post. Not as great imo, but does the job.

Reactions: daavid1995

Jhonxs

Apr 15, 2013
I found out that once I installed YouTube Vanced and enabled optimizations back, Vanced didn't want to work.
Basically it loaded but was faced with a continuous loading screen on each tab of the application.
Tried pure tuber but from what I saw it does consume a bit more power and also the navigation isn't as good as in YouTube Vanced , plus the video resizing is kinda wonky.

Jhonxs

Apr 15, 2013
Reactions: daavid1995

arpcpro

With my Redmi Note 10 (EU version M2101K7AG) I was able to install YTVanced after disabling the MIUI optimizations. I enabled them right away after installation and until now I haven't noticed any difference.
Then I updated the system to MIUI Global 12.0.3 and lost the possibility of disabling the optimizations in the developer options.

The only issue I notice sometimes is when opening YTVanced it keeps saying there is no internet connection. I have to go to microg settings and disable the battery optimizations for that app.

I hope that MIUI developers fix this soon cause it is so annoying having to research for workarounds just to install an apk. If I knew this before, I think I would have went with a Realmi instead.

Top Liked Posts