How To Guide Install One UI 5.0 (Android 13) beta on unsupported countries

Search This thread

Rasi_07

Mar 12, 2018
Will the waranty woid if I flash the beta via the alliance scield?
And also, will trip knoks and everything that Samsung has?

Rasi_07

Mar 12, 2018
Hello everyone! 😁

One UI 5.0 beta is out, so I have put together this guide on installing it on your Galaxy device. I will show you how to sideload the beta even though the beta programme may not be available in your country or may be full.

❗ NOTE: When you sideload the beta, you will not receive OTA updates automatically. You must install the stable One UI 5.0 when it's released (or downgrade back to One UI 4.1) via Odin.

🔗 Links (will be updated):
• Galaxy S22/S22+/S22 Ultra (EXYNOS) ➜ https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/oneui-5-beta-exynos-galaxy-s22-s22-s22-ultra-beta-thread.4476641/

• Galaxy S22/S22+/S22 Ultra (Snapdragon) ➜ https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-s22-s22-ultra-oneui-5-0-beta-thread.4476787/

How to install ADB
Update or downgrade via Odin
Alternative method via Alliance Shield (thanks to @woodchild )

📺 Video guide:

🧐 Steps:
  1. Download the update file from XDA Forums. Make sure to download the right build for your device.
  2. Go to where you downloaded the file.
  3. At File Explorer, go to View, then Show and enable "File name extensions".
  4. Right click on the file and click on Rename.
  5. Rename (including the file extension) the .bin file to "update.zip".
  6. A warning may appear. Click on Yes.
  7. Download, install ADB. Make sure to have "C:\Android\platform-tools" added to "Path" in System variables.
  8. At your phone, go to Settings, About phone, Software information.
  9. Tap repeatedly on the build number until Developer options are enabled.
  10. Back to Settings, tap on Developer options at the bottom.
  11. Scroll down and enable "USB debugging". Tap on OK.
  12. Connect your phone to your PC.
  13. You may enable the "Always allow from this computer" if it's your personal PC.
  14. Tap on Allow.
  15. Back to the PC, move the "update.zip" file to "C:\Android\platform-tools".
  16. Right click on the Start Button.
  17. Click on Windows Terminal (Admin) or PowerShell (Admin).
  18. In the Terminal, type "adb devices" and execute it.
  19. If you didn't enable "Always allow from this computer", the pop up will appear again on the phone. Tap on Allow.
  20. Type "adb reboot recovery" and execute it.
  21. Your phone will boot to Recovery Mode.
  22. Navigating with the volume buttons and selecting with the power button, go to "Apply update from ADB" (if you want to force exit from this screen, hold down the Volume down and Power buttons).
  23. Back to the PC, type "adb sideload update.zip" and execute it.
  24. The installation process will start and One UI 5.0 will be installed. (If you get an error, you may have downloaded the wrong build, or your device doesn't support the beta programme at all. If you are sure that you have downloaded the right build, try again using different cables, USB ports or PCs.)
  25. After the update process has finished, back to the PC, execute "adb reboot recovery" again.
  26. Go to "Wipe cache partition" and select Yes.
  27. Then select "Reboot system now".
  28. Report any bugs to the Samsung Members app!
I hope this helps you! If you have any issues, please let me know and I will try to help you! 😊

You have to unlock the OEM to Apply the update via ADB?

peacey8

Jul 28, 2013
Thanks for the instructions. Managed to install this on my Canadian S908W by first flashing TMB S908U (AP+BL+CP+CSC) then applying the U update.zip from the Snapdragon thread. If anything was different than the TMB package (including CSC), the update would fail.

Obviously, I lose my Canadian CSC. Is there a way to change back to my Canadian CSC after updating to the beta? I tried flashing the Canadian CSC after the update with Odin, but then my phone doesn't start and blue screens saying "This device has been flashed with unauthorized software and is locked...". Only way to fix it is to again flash TMB S908U (AP+BL+CP+CSC) and do the update again but then I lose my CSC again, of course.

Anyone know if it's possible to flash my country's CSC after update or any other way to do it? I would be fine staying with US XAA CSC if not for losing my 5G.

Reactions: BredzProh

vvrrare

Aug 7, 2022
I went from 4.1 to 5.0 on U1, and heres what happened:

PS C:\Users\12147> adb sideload update.zip
adb: failed to stat file update.zip: No such file or directory <-- error
PS C:\Users\12147> cd C:\Android\platform-tools <-- solution
PS C:\Android\platform-tools> adb sideload update.zip
Total xfer: 2.00x

i did what the guy in the youtube said to do on someone elses problem, and the software downloaded, only problem is that my phone was factory reset. it didnt give me the option to do anything after the PS C:\Android\platform-tools> adb sideload update.zip and my phone just reset as if it were brand new. luckily i backed up my data prior but i'd hate to have to go through the restore process everytime i update the beta now.

DaOldMan

Oct 6, 2010
About to do something real stupid and try flashing N on E. B won't work because it's exynos. Different architecture. N shouldn't either, because different model numbers. But I'm giving it a go anyway. It's supposed to be snapdragon. So let's see.
It will not work. The patch will see your rom isn't the one you should have and will not patch it. It will abort on checking the partitions.

Reactions: P-KAY 2323

william84

Feb 11, 2008
Landgraaf
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
When I'm trying to update my S908B I'm getting an error:
"Delta file not found"
Any ideas?
Maybe you need to put the update.zip in the root of your internal Phone memory. (Like /storage/emulated/0/Update.zip)
Open Alliance Shield
Press Appmanager
Search for purple icon Software Update and press it.
Press Activites tab on top
Look for Activity: Software Update com.idn.fotaagent.enabler.ui.admin.main.AdminMainActivity and open it.
Select sideload
select update.zip and boom.

knutlovhoiden

Jun 24, 2022
Just want to add that mine paused at 23% for 45 minutes.
I almost gave up but started hitting 'enter' on my keyboard and every strike it would progress a percent. Then things started working on their own at 44%
Updated an Unlocked S22 Ultra purchased from Samsung.com.
Beta wasn't showing up in Members app.
Appreciate this community!

SignalX

Jun 25, 2011
Darkness
@BredzProh
sorry for answering this
i have weak signal problem in my S22ultra snapdragon running Android 12 & OneUI 4.1
and according to my search, seems most S22ultra users have this problem
did u have problem with signal in Android 12?
what about now after update to this beta build? any improvement?

Hello everyone! 😁

One UI 5.0 beta is out, so I have put together this guide on installing it on your Galaxy device. I will show you how to sideload the beta even though the beta programme may not be available in your country or may be full.

❗ NOTE: When you sideload the beta, you will not receive OTA updates automatically. You must install the stable One UI 5.0 when it's released (or downgrade back to One UI 4.1) via Odin.

• Galaxy S22/S22+/S22 Ultra (EXYNOS) ➜ https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/oneui-5-beta-exynos-galaxy-s22-s22-s22-ultra-beta-thread.4476641/

• Galaxy S22/S22+/S22 Ultra (Snapdragon) ➜ https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-s22-s22-ultra-oneui-5-0-beta-thread.4476787/

How to install ADB

📺 Video guide:

🧐 Steps:
  1. Download the update file from XDA Forums. Make sure to download the right build for your device.
  7. Download, install ADB. Make sure to have "C:\Android\platform-tools" added to "Path" in System variables.
  13. You may enable the "Always allow from this computer" if it's your personal PC.
  14. Tap on Allow.
  19. If you didn't enable "Always allow from this computer", the pop up will appear again on the phone. Tap on Allow.
  22. Navigating with the volume buttons and selecting with the power button, go to "Apply update from ADB" (if you want to force exit from this screen, hold down the Volume down and Power buttons).
  24. The installation process will start and One UI 5.0 will be installed. (If you get an error, you may have downloaded the wrong build, or your device doesn't support the beta programme at all. If you are sure that you have downloaded the right build, try again using different cables, USB ports or PCs.)
  25. After the update process has finished, back to the PC, execute "adb reboot recovery" again.
I hope this helps you! If you have any issues, please let me know and I will try to help you! 😊

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone! 😁

❕️ If your device has an SD Card slot, check out the SD Card Method.

• Galaxy S22/S22+/S22 Ultra (Exynos) ➜ https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/oneui-5-beta-exynos-galaxy-s22-s22-s22-ultra-beta-thread.4476641/

• Galaxy S21/S21+/S21 Ultra (Exynos) ➜ https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/one-ui-5-0-beta-exynos-official-android-13.4486617/

• Galaxy S21/S21+/S21 Ultra (Snapdragon) ➜ https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/one-ui-5-0-beta-snapdragon-oficial-android-13.4496577/

• Galaxy S20/S20+/S20 Ultra ➜ https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/s20-s20-s20-ultra-oneui-5-0-beta-download-install.4499079/

How to install ADB

📺 Video guide:

🧐 Steps:
    14. Tap on Allow.
    Sure! Can you share the link here? I will add it to the main post.

I'll check it out and make it in a video form too, so thank you for sharing! :)
    I had found this:

First Post.

"
    Locally with Alliance Shield (no PC needed):
    0. Download the needed firmware and the Alliance Shield X app (PlayStore).
    1. Open the Alliance Shield X App and complete setup (Account creation and Knox permissions)
    2. Rename the downloaded Firmware-File to "Update.zip" (without Quotes) and move it to the root storage directory (/storage/emulated/0)
    3. Open the "App Manager" inside the Alliance Shield.
    4. Search for "Software Update" and select the option with the purple/white Icon.
    5. Go to the activities and search for "com.idm.fotaagent.enabler.ui.admin.main.AdminMainActivity"
    6. Select the Option and open it
    7. Press on sideload and select the Update-File
    8. Wait for the installation to complete..."

I didn't need 5 minutes
    @BredzProh - looks to.he Exynos specific ? If so, Could you please mention in the title to avoid mishaps and confusion ? :)
    Hello!
    It's Exynos-specific for now only.
    I will constantly keep updating the description with the new links like I did last year.
    So when Snapdragon is out, I will update the pinned comment and description.

Sorry for the confusion!
    Just note that the video was made for OneUI 4 not 5...but it is the same. Also some 4.0 referrence leftover in the text at step 24.

Installing now...
    Yes, I have the exact same model and firmware and worked like a charm
    Amazing, thanks for the confirmation! It work perfectly ;)