One UI 5.0 beta is out, so I have put together this guide on installing it on your Galaxy device. I will show you how to sideload the beta even though the beta programme may not be available in your country or may be full.
NOTE: When you sideload the beta, you will not receive OTA updates automatically. You must install the stable One UI 5.0 when it's released (or downgrade back to One UI 4.1) via Odin.
Links (will be updated):
• Galaxy S22/S22+/S22 Ultra (EXYNOS) ➜ https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/oneui-5-beta-exynos-galaxy-s22-s22-s22-ultra-beta-thread.4476641/
• Galaxy S22/S22+/S22 Ultra (Snapdragon) ➜ https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-s22-s22-ultra-oneui-5-0-beta-thread.4476787/
• How to install ADB
• Update or downgrade via Odin
• Alternative method via Alliance Shield (thanks to @woodchild )
I hope this helps you! If you have any issues, please let me know and I will try to help you!
- Download the update file from XDA Forums. Make sure to download the right build for your device.
- Go to where you downloaded the file.
- At File Explorer, go to View, then Show and enable "File name extensions".
- Right click on the file and click on Rename.
- Rename (including the file extension) the .bin file to "update.zip".
- A warning may appear. Click on Yes.
- Download, install ADB. Make sure to have "C:\Android\platform-tools" added to "Path" in System variables.
- At your phone, go to Settings, About phone, Software information.
- Tap repeatedly on the build number until Developer options are enabled.
- Back to Settings, tap on Developer options at the bottom.
- Scroll down and enable "USB debugging". Tap on OK.
- Connect your phone to your PC.
- You may enable the "Always allow from this computer" if it's your personal PC.
- Tap on Allow.
- Back to the PC, move the "update.zip" file to "C:\Android\platform-tools".
- Right click on the Start Button.
- Click on Windows Terminal (Admin) or PowerShell (Admin).
- In the Terminal, type "adb devices" and execute it.
- If you didn't enable "Always allow from this computer", the pop up will appear again on the phone. Tap on Allow.
- Type "adb reboot recovery" and execute it.
- Your phone will boot to Recovery Mode.
- Navigating with the volume buttons and selecting with the power button, go to "Apply update from ADB" (if you want to force exit from this screen, hold down the Volume down and Power buttons).
- Back to the PC, type "adb sideload update.zip" and execute it.
- The installation process will start and One UI 5.0 will be installed. (If you get an error, you may have downloaded the wrong build, or your device doesn't support the beta programme at all. If you are sure that you have downloaded the right build, try again using different cables, USB ports or PCs.)
- After the update process has finished, back to the PC, execute "adb reboot recovery" again.
- Go to "Wipe cache partition" and select Yes.
- Then select "Reboot system now".
- Report any bugs to the Samsung Members app!