How To Guide Install One UI 5.0 (Android 13) beta on unsupported countries

Search This thread
Hello everyone! 😁

One UI 5.0 beta is out, so I have put together this guide on installing it on your Galaxy device. I will show you how to sideload the beta even though the beta programme may not be available in your country or may be full.

❗ NOTE: When you sideload the beta, you will not receive OTA updates automatically. You must install the stable One UI 5.0 when it's released (or downgrade back to One UI 4.1) via Odin.

🔗 Links (will be updated):
• Galaxy S22/S22+/S22 Ultra (EXYNOS) ➜ https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/oneui-5-beta-exynos-galaxy-s22-s22-s22-ultra-beta-thread.4476641/

• Galaxy S22/S22+/S22 Ultra (Snapdragon) ➜ https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-s22-s22-ultra-oneui-5-0-beta-thread.4476787/

How to install ADB
Update or downgrade via Odin
Alternative method via Alliance Shield (thanks to @woodchild )

📺 Video guide:

🧐 Steps:
  1. Download the update file from XDA Forums. Make sure to download the right build for your device.
  2. Go to where you downloaded the file.
  3. At File Explorer, go to View, then Show and enable "File name extensions".
  4. Right click on the file and click on Rename.
  5. Rename (including the file extension) the .bin file to "update.zip".
  6. A warning may appear. Click on Yes.
  7. Download, install ADB. Make sure to have "C:\Android\platform-tools" added to "Path" in System variables.
  8. At your phone, go to Settings, About phone, Software information.
  9. Tap repeatedly on the build number until Developer options are enabled.
  10. Back to Settings, tap on Developer options at the bottom.
  11. Scroll down and enable "USB debugging". Tap on OK.
  12. Connect your phone to your PC.
  13. You may enable the "Always allow from this computer" if it's your personal PC.
  14. Tap on Allow.
  15. Back to the PC, move the "update.zip" file to "C:\Android\platform-tools".
  16. Right click on the Start Button.
  17. Click on Windows Terminal (Admin) or PowerShell (Admin).
  18. In the Terminal, type "adb devices" and execute it.
  19. If you didn't enable "Always allow from this computer", the pop up will appear again on the phone. Tap on Allow.
  20. Type "adb reboot recovery" and execute it.
  21. Your phone will boot to Recovery Mode.
  22. Navigating with the volume buttons and selecting with the power button, go to "Apply update from ADB" (if you want to force exit from this screen, hold down the Volume down and Power buttons).
  23. Back to the PC, type "adb sideload update.zip" and execute it.
  24. The installation process will start and One UI 5.0 will be installed. (If you get an error, you may have downloaded the wrong build, or your device doesn't support the beta programme at all. If you are sure that you have downloaded the right build, try again using different cables, USB ports or PCs.)
  25. After the update process has finished, back to the PC, execute "adb reboot recovery" again.
  26. Go to "Wipe cache partition" and select Yes.
  27. Then select "Reboot system now".
  28. Report any bugs to the Samsung Members app!
I hope this helps you! If you have any issues, please let me know and I will try to help you! 😊

Hello everyone! 😁

One UI 5.0 beta is out, so I have put together this guide on installing it on your Galaxy device. I will show you how to sideload the beta even though the beta programme may not be available in your country or may be full.

❗ NOTE: When you sideload the beta, you will not receive OTA updates automatically. You must install the stable One UI 5.0 when it's released (or downgrade back to One UI 4.1) via Odin.

• Galaxy S22/S22+/S22 Ultra (EXYNOS) ➜ https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/oneui-5-beta-exynos-galaxy-s22-s22-s22-ultra-beta-thread.4476641/

• Galaxy S22/S22+/S22 Ultra (Snapdragon) ➜ https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-s22-s22-ultra-oneui-5-0-beta-thread.4476787/

How to install ADB

📺 Video guide:

🧐 Steps:
  1. Download the update file from XDA Forums. Make sure to download the right build for your device.
  7. Download, install ADB. Make sure to have "C:\Android\platform-tools" added to "Path" in System variables.
  13. You may enable the "Always allow from this computer" if it's your personal PC.
  14. Tap on Allow.
  19. If you didn't enable "Always allow from this computer", the pop up will appear again on the phone. Tap on Allow.
  22. Navigating with the volume buttons and selecting with the power button, go to "Apply update from ADB" (if you want to force exit from this screen, hold down the Volume down and Power buttons).
  24. The installation process will start and One UI 5.0 will be installed. (If you get an error, you may have downloaded the wrong build, or your device doesn't support the beta programme at all. If you are sure that you have downloaded the right build, try again using different cables, USB ports or PCs.)
  25. After the update process has finished, back to the PC, execute "adb reboot recovery" again.
I hope this helps you! If you have any issues, please let me know and I will try to help you! 😊
Good evening,
is there a chance to try the ONE UI 5 on S22 + Exynos?
The .bin file does not exist?
Thank you guys

peacey8

Jul 28, 2013
Hi! Is there any personal data lost or applications to be reinstalled?
If you have the exact same version the update is from (down to the CSC), the update will not wipe anything. But this is beta software and problems can happen, whether in the installation or afterwards. Your data could be irrevocably lost.

Do not try to install the beta if you're not comfortable with the idea of losing data.

P.S.: If your CSC is not supported and you have to flash the same CSC as the update first for it to work, you will lose data switching CSCs.

Reactions: BredzProh

bamn

Jul 23, 2010
I am rooted, would I be able to just download the beta and patch using magisk and flash with odin as a normal update?

Sheradrax

Aug 9, 2010
OnePlus 8T
I had found this:

First Post.

"
Locally with Alliance Shield (no PC needed):
0. Download the needed firmware and the Alliance Shield X app (PlayStore).
1. Open the Alliance Shield X App and complete setup (Account creation and Knox permissions)
2. Rename the downloaded Firmware-File to "Update.zip" (without Quotes) and move it to the root storage directory (/storage/emulated/0)
3. Open the "App Manager" inside the Alliance Shield.
4. Search for "Software Update" and select the option with the purple/white Icon.
5. Go to the activities and search for "com.idm.fotaagent.enabler.ui.admin.main.AdminMainActivity"
6. Select the Option and open it
7. Press on sideload and select the Update-File
8. Wait for the installation to complete..."

I didn't need 5 minutes
I followed this and it booted back up in A12 instead of the beta. Is there any reason it would do this?

roberto20

Sep 14, 2008
hi,

With Alliance, it performs the entire process of loading it through the sideload and copies the update package. it restarts and the android comes out with the blue bar loading and at 25% it gives an error.

Reactions: thejaustin

maoikozo1

Aug 26, 2013
I had found this:

First Post.

"
1. Open the Alliance Shield X App and complete setup (Account creation and Knox permissions)
2. Rename the downloaded Firmware-File to "Update.zip" (without Quotes) and move it to the root storage directory (/storage/emulated/0)
4. Search for "Software Update" and select the option with the purple/white Icon.
5. Go to the activities and search for "com.idm.fotaagent.enabler.ui.admin.main.AdminMainActivity"

I didn't need 5 minutes
OMG it's work like a charm, so easialy, i dont think you need 5 minutes. thank you so much. my phone s22 unlocked

Just to be sure, can I install it on my SM-S908B ?

Screenshot_20220816-193231_DeviceKeystring.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello
    Does anyone know when the A52 version will be uploaded please ?
    I am also constantly checking but no update files yet.
    You should check the Galaxy A52 4G forum page.
    Hello everyone! 😁

❕️ If your device has an SD Card slot, check out the SD Card Method.

• Galaxy S22/S22+/S22 Ultra (Exynos) ➜ https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/oneui-5-beta-exynos-galaxy-s22-s22-s22-ultra-beta-thread.4476641/

• Galaxy S21/S21+/S21 Ultra (Exynos) ➜ https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/one-ui-5-0-beta-exynos-official-android-13.4486617/

• Galaxy S21/S21+/S21 Ultra (Snapdragon) ➜ https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/one-ui-5-0-beta-snapdragon-oficial-android-13.4496577/

• Galaxy S20/S20+/S20 Ultra ➜ https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/s20-s20-s20-ultra-oneui-5-0-beta-download-install.4499079/

How to install ADB

📺 Video guide:

🧐 Steps:
    14. Tap on Allow.
    Sure! Can you share the link here? I will add it to the main post.

I'll check it out and make it in a video form too, so thank you for sharing! :)
    I had found this:

First Post.

"

I didn't need 5 minutes
    @BredzProh - looks to.he Exynos specific ? If so, Could you please mention in the title to avoid mishaps and confusion ? :)
    Hello!
    It's Exynos-specific for now only.
    I will constantly keep updating the description with the new links like I did last year.
    So when Snapdragon is out, I will update the pinned comment and description.

Sorry for the confusion!
    Just note that the video was made for OneUI 4 not 5...but it is the same. Also some 4.0 referrence leftover in the text at step 24.

Installing now...
    Hello
    Does anyone know when the A52 version will be uploaded please ?
    I am also constantly checking but no update files yet.
    You should check the Galaxy A52 4G forum page.