How To Guide Install Playstore on chinese Huawei P50 Pro HarmonyOS

Search This thread

furiousjay

May 4, 2015
The Huawei P50 Pro is the perfect smartphone for many, if it were not for the Google services. Luckily, it is possible to install GMS on the Huawei P50 Pro! We know this because we did it. With the following method, the native Google Playstore and all Google services are installed on the chinese Huawei P50 Pro with HarmonyOS. No Gspace or other shady stuff.

In this article we will go through how we did it and ask some questions to the XDA-Community.

Note: Thanks for this tutorial to YouTuber Average Logs. Leave the man a subscribe or like if it worked for you. Also thankt to djeloy for explaining us some sad stuff about this not being compatible with Global Versions of the Huawei P50 Pro.

Requirements
  • chinese Huawei P50 Pro with Harmony OS
  • Windows PC
  • USB cable

Notes

Resetting the device is not necessary
In our test, no data was lost and the risk of losing data is practically non-existent. Nevertheless, making a backup beforehand is definitely a good idea!
Serious damage to the software is also not possible with these instructions. If you have problems, simply reset the device to factory settings.

On which devices does this guide work?

Theoretically, this guide works with Chinese Huawei P50 Pro smartphones with HarmonyOS 2.0 (in our case 2.0.0.272). Most likely, other devices with HarmonyOS 2.0 can also use this guide. We cannot say whether this manual also works with HarmonyOS 3.0 or Harmony OS 2.0.1. In case you have this version on your phone, you should try it out first. If it doesn't work, try to do a downgrade (HiSuite or Dload USB)

However, the manual does not work with the global version of the Huawei P50 Pro because it uses EMUI instead of HarmonyOS. According to this XDA Developers thread, it is possible to install HarmonyOS 2 on the global version of the Huawei P50 Pro without too much effort. Unfortunately this will not help you out to install GMS, because of a kernel level restriction.

But now we come to the instructions on how to install the native Google Mobile Services (GMS) including Google Playstore on the chinese Huawei P50 Pro with HarmonyOS 2.0.

Instructions

In this video you will find the current step-by-step instructions. We have tried an older tutorial, which is attached below. However, since it uses the same method and is the revised version, we are linking the new instructions directly here. Try it out.

You may see warning messages after installing, indicating that the device is not certified for Google services. In this case, there are also instructions that eliminate the messages. Just try one after the other. In our case, the messages were displayed and then disappeared after following the instructions below.

1. enter the device ID in Google:

2. reset Google Apps:

3. turn off background updates:

In the end, you should have it done: You now have the Playstore and all Google services on your Huawei P50 Pro. This is our P50 Pro:

Note: By the way, we used this guide, which is a bit older. But try the one above first, as it is more detailed and deals with a few more problems.

What (doesn't) work with this guide?

After the Google Playstore is installed, you can download and update apps without any problems. The Google Play Services can also be updated.
Updating the firmware on your smartphone should also be possible without any problems. The Google Playstore will not be removed or become non-functional as a result.
Google Firebase push notifications do not work. These are used by Gmail, eBay Classifieds, ebay, Twitter, Discord, Outlook, Microsoft Teams. These apps work but do not display notifications.

Google Pay is also not usable with this guide. However, the Curve Card is a good alternative. The LZ Play app and the Googlefier app should not be deleted after the instructions to eliminate errors that might occur later!

Collect information

Let's use the swarm intelligence. After all, we unfortunately do not have all Huawei smartphones at hand to test the manual thoroughly. We therefore pose the following open questions to the XDA community and would be very grateful for your comments:

• Has anyone managed to change the European EMUI system on the Huawei P50 Pro to HarmonyOS using the guide from XDA-Developers? As explained, it should not be possible. But still it would be good to get real feedback of users who tried it.
  • Has anyone managed to equip another chinese Huawei smartphone or tablet with HarmonyOS with the Google Playstore using these instructions? (e.g. Huawei P50 Pocket, Mate 50 Pro).

Thanks for your help! Remember to leave your device Model (Global/China) and the HarmonyOS Version in the comments.

best regards
Joscha from Chinahandys.net

Last edited:

Peludo27

Sep 17, 2022
Hi bro, have a good day, i try this guide and july guide, i have jad-lx9 C432 and use Harmony 2.0.1.197 but in the step 4 when open LZPlay is in error and close app, you have ROM Usb OTG harmony 2.0.0? For this version phone

furiousjay

May 4, 2015
damn... Are you sure that it does not work with HarmonyOS 2.0.1? Can anybody confirm this?
The point is... I can only find 2.0.1 HOS firmwares for the Huawei P50 Pro. I nowhere saw a HOS 2.0.0 firmware to download.

Peludo27

Sep 17, 2022
i try to found 2.0.0 and never see, i have JAD-LX9, is LAMC25 or C432 is Snapdragon, but i try and try and never pass 3 step and 4 step, your harmony os version? i use 2.0.1.197

i think i need harmony 2.0.0 version for JAD-LX9 and u have AL50 and version C00, some tutorial for my version?

Reactions: freaktunning

djeloy

Apr 26, 2012
Non-Chinese versions can not be installed with GMS, either HARMONY or EMUI ... Basically because it blocks LZPLAY from the kernel in non-Chinese versions

Chinese versions are those ending in JAD-AL00 and some more are the Chinese .

The version of your terminal is AL-XX that Chinese version. Therefore you can have GMS, since you have no kernel level restriction.

furiousjay

May 4, 2015
Non-Chinese versions can not be installed with GMS, either HARMONY or EMUI ... Basically because it blocks LZPLAY from the kernel in non-Chinese versions

Chinese versions are those ending in JAD-AL00 and some more are the Chinese .

The version of your terminal is AL-XX that Chinese version. Therefore you can have GMS, since you have no kernel level restriction.
Wow.... Can you tell me where you know this from and how sure you are regaring this information?

Also do you know some way to bypass this limitation? I'll edit the guide here if you are 100% sure it will not work on global versions

djeloy

Apr 26, 2012
Wow.... Can you tell me where you know this from and how sure you are regaring this information?

Also do you know some way to bypass this limitation? I'll edit the guide here if you are 100% sure it will not work on global versions
This is a more accurate explanation

I have a P50 Pro and a P50 pocket (with harmonyOS) both European version and as simple as doing a LOGCAT when you open LZPLAY and you will see that the SElinux kills the LZPLAY process.

The only way to make a ByPass is to be able to unlock the bootloader currently do not know how to move the google APPS with their permissions to the corresponding folders.

Now the easiest explanation ...

If you saw the comments of the videos you uploaded. In all of them you can see that there are many comments saying that these methods do not work in NON CHINESE terminals.

And if you search on youtube channels dedicated to this outside of china, such as ELOYGOMEZTV, you can find an updated list of the terminals where you can put google services currently on terminals outside of china.

Here is the list

I'm not trying to kill your post, just not to confuse users who are looking forward to having google services.

furiousjay

May 4, 2015

I have a P50 Pro and a P50 pocket (with harmonyOS) both European version and as simple as doing a LOGCAT when you open LZPLAY and you will see that the SElinux kills the LZPLAY process.

The only way to make a ByPass is to be able to unlock the bootloader currently do not know how to move the google APPS with their permissions to the corresponding folders.

If you saw the comments of the videos you uploaded. In all of them you can see that there are many comments saying that these methods do not work in NON CHINESE terminals.

And if you search on youtube channels dedicated to this outside of china, such as ELOYGOMEZTV, you can find an updated list of the terminals where you can put google services currently on terminals outside of china.

Here is the list

I'm not trying to kill your post, just not to confuse users who are looking forward to having google services.
Thanks a lot for your explanation! I'll edit the post to make that clear. Update: Edited

Last edited:
Reactions: djeloy and icededo
T

Here is the list

That's indeed not a good news for the European users, shame to huawei for blocking us the possibility to sideload GMS

furiousjay

May 4, 2015
@furiousjay Could you make a backup of your LZPLAY with the backup app and share it with me for testing. Thank you.
sorry, I don't get it. The backup App does not give me the option to backup LZPlay. I will try to do a full backup now.

Update: : Can you do somthing with this .zip Package?
WhatsApp Image 2022-09-21 at 08.38.13.jpeg

Last edited:

furiousjay

May 4, 2015
Sorry man. Please try this with the same password:

freaktunning

Jun 15, 2022
i try to found 2.0.0 and never see, i have JAD-LX9, is LAMC25 or C432 is Snapdragon, but i try and try and never pass 3 step and 4 step, your harmony os version? i use 2.0.1.197

i think i need harmony 2.0.0 version for JAD-LX9 and u have AL50 and version C00, some tutorial for my version?
same here
never pass 3 step and 4 step, my harmony os version 2.0.1.197
p50 pro snapdragon edition

kakalaki123

Jan 12, 2021
I have fixed problem Push Notification with Huawei P50 Pro Harmony OS 2.0.
When I'm free because now I'm going to the night shift. I will make a tutorial on how to use Huawei Google services with Push Notification. Everything works without problems.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221019_172035_com.huawei.android.launcher.jpg
    Screenshot_20221019_172035_com.huawei.android.launcher.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 293
  • Screenshot_20221019_172027_com.huawei.android.launcher.jpg
    Screenshot_20221019_172027_com.huawei.android.launcher.jpg
    518.1 KB · Views: 298
  • Screenshot_20221019_171516_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20221019_171516_com.android.settings.jpg
    323.6 KB · Views: 286
  • Screenshot_20221019_171200_com.android.keyguard.jpg
    Screenshot_20221019_171200_com.android.keyguard.jpg
    842.3 KB · Views: 308

freaktunning

Jun 15, 2022
now work with another guide
GMS native on P50 pro harmony os 3.0

notification NOT :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Here is the list

When I'm free because now I'm going to the night shift. I will make a tutorial on how to use Huawei Google services with Push Notification. Everything works without problems.
    The Huawei P50 Pro is the perfect smartphone for many, if it were not for the Google services. Luckily, it is possible to install GMS on the Huawei P50 Pro! We know this because we did it. With the following method, the native Google Playstore and all Google services are installed on the chinese Huawei P50 Pro with HarmonyOS. No Gspace or other shady stuff.

In this article we will go through how we did it and ask some questions to the XDA-Community.

Note: Thanks for this tutorial to YouTuber Average Logs. Leave the man a subscribe or like if it worked for you. Also thankt to djeloy for explaining us some sad stuff about this not being compatible with Global Versions of the Huawei P50 Pro.

Requirements
    • chinese Huawei P50 Pro with Harmony OS
    • Windows PC
    • USB cable

Notes

Resetting the device is not necessary
    In our test, no data was lost and the risk of losing data is practically non-existent. Nevertheless, making a backup beforehand is definitely a good idea!
    Serious damage to the software is also not possible with these instructions. If you have problems, simply reset the device to factory settings.

On which devices does this guide work?

Theoretically, this guide works with Chinese Huawei P50 Pro smartphones with HarmonyOS 2.0 (in our case 2.0.0.272). Most likely, other devices with HarmonyOS 2.0 can also use this guide. We cannot say whether this manual also works with HarmonyOS 3.0 or Harmony OS 2.0.1. In case you have this version on your phone, you should try it out first. If it doesn't work, try to do a downgrade (HiSuite or Dload USB)

However, the manual does not work with the global version of the Huawei P50 Pro because it uses EMUI instead of HarmonyOS. According to this XDA Developers thread, it is possible to install HarmonyOS 2 on the global version of the Huawei P50 Pro without too much effort. Unfortunately this will not help you out to install GMS, because of a kernel level restriction.

But now we come to the instructions on how to install the native Google Mobile Services (GMS) including Google Playstore on the chinese Huawei P50 Pro with HarmonyOS 2.0.

Instructions

In this video you will find the current step-by-step instructions. We have tried an older tutorial, which is attached below. However, since it uses the same method and is the revised version, we are linking the new instructions directly here. Try it out.

You may see warning messages after installing, indicating that the device is not certified for Google services. In this case, there are also instructions that eliminate the messages. Just try one after the other. In our case, the messages were displayed and then disappeared after following the instructions below.

1. enter the device ID in Google:

2. reset Google Apps:

3. turn off background updates:

In the end, you should have it done: You now have the Playstore and all Google services on your Huawei P50 Pro. This is our P50 Pro:

Note: By the way, we used this guide, which is a bit older. But try the one above first, as it is more detailed and deals with a few more problems.

What (doesn't) work with this guide?

After the Google Playstore is installed, you can download and update apps without any problems. The Google Play Services can also be updated.
    Updating the firmware on your smartphone should also be possible without any problems. The Google Playstore will not be removed or become non-functional as a result.
    Google Firebase push notifications do not work. These are used by Gmail, eBay Classifieds, ebay, Twitter, Discord, Outlook, Microsoft Teams. These apps work but do not display notifications.

Google Pay is also not usable with this guide. However, the Curve Card is a good alternative. The LZ Play app and the Googlefier app should not be deleted after the instructions to eliminate errors that might occur later!

Collect information

Let's use the swarm intelligence. After all, we unfortunately do not have all Huawei smartphones at hand to test the manual thoroughly. We therefore pose the following open questions to the XDA community and would be very grateful for your comments:

• Has anyone managed to change the European EMUI system on the Huawei P50 Pro to HarmonyOS using the guide from XDA-Developers? As explained, it should not be possible. But still it would be good to get real feedback of users who tried it.
    • Has anyone managed to equip another chinese Huawei smartphone or tablet with HarmonyOS with the Google Playstore using these instructions? (e.g. Huawei P50 Pocket, Mate 50 Pro).

Thanks for your help! Remember to leave your device Model (Global/China) and the HarmonyOS Version in the comments.

best regards
    Joscha from Chinahandys.net

Here is the list

Thanks a lot for your explanation! I'll edit the post to make that clear. Update: Edited
    Hi, can you share how you fixed the push notifications please?