- Jan 4, 2021
How to install Stock ROM - Xiaoxin Pad Pro 2021 [TB-J716F]
I tried installing a GSI-ROM on this tablet, which basically worked except for three/four bugs I coulnd't solve.
So I tried to restore the Stock ROM in the meantime and will share my experience.
Your data will be deleted, try it at your own risk.
- Boot tablet in EDL-Mode, there are two ways (in EDL-Mode screen always remains off):
- If tablet is fully booted: use adb command "adb reboot edl"
- If tablet is off or can't be booted: press the volume up button and hold, plug the usb cable into the tablet and PC and wait a few seconds
- Now this should appear in your device manager:
- Start the QFIL-Programm, it should detect the port with the same name.
- Go to "Configuration" -> "FireHose Configuration". At device type select "ufs" and tick "Reset After Download" then press ok:
- Back in the main window select "Programmer Path" and browse to the ROM-Folder, select the file "prog_firehose_ddr.elf".
- Select "Content XML" and browse to the ROM-Folder, select the file "contents.xml"
- Click "Download Content" and wait, may take a few minutes
- After its done, this status message should a appear and the tablet should reboot.
Done, Stock-ROM should boot now.