- Dec 7, 2021
Hi its the same procedure for 2020 version?How to install Stock ROM - Xiaoxin Pad Pro 2021 [TB-J716F]
I tried installing a GSI-ROM on this tablet, which basically worked except for three/four bugs I coulnd't solve.
So I tried to restore the Stock ROM in the meantime and will share my experience.
Your data will be deleted, try it at your own risk.
View attachment 5434149
- Boot tablet in EDL-Mode, there are two ways (in EDL-Mode screen always remains off):
- If tablet is fully booted: use adb command "adb reboot edl"
- If tablet is off or can't be booted: press the volume up button and hold, plug the usb cable into the tablet and PC and wait a few seconds
- Now this should appear in your device manager:View attachment 5434141
- Start the QFIL-Programm, it should detect the port with the same name.
- Go to "Configuration" -> "FireHose Configuration". At device type select "ufs" and tick "Reset After Download" then press ok:View attachment 5434145
- Back in the main window select "Programmer Path" and browse to the ROM-Folder, select the file "prog_firehose_ddr.elf".
- Select "Content XML" and browse to the ROM-Folder, select the file "contents.xml"
- Click "Download Content" and wait, may take a few minutes
- After its done, this status message should a appear and the tablet should reboot.
Done, Stock-ROM should boot now.
How do i get the current firmware/bootloader? Do you have the link to the chinese lenovo forum?@Chanx18 I don't have the 2020 version, but it should be the some procedure, just use the right ROM.
@bobochacha I don't know about this problem so I can't say much, but I think there a problem with your firmware/bootloader. Maybe updating/flashing current firmware could solve it, but I haven't done it with this device before. You can search in the chinese lenovo forum about it, should also work with QFIL.
Sorry mate..I had this and had to send back to China..
I encountered this issue and went on looping on the menu you posted. What I did was to download the QPST file ( https://qpsttool.com/qpst-tool-v2-7-496_ ) where the the qfile.exe is incorporated. I reverted to the last functioning rom and went ok. You may try this path.
Unfortunately that never worked for me ..I downgraded the ROM then locked bootloader..but the Chinese Lenovo service centre have fixed it.. annoying to pay £42 to return it just because they have better software than usI encountered this issue and went on looping on the menu you posted. What I did was to download the QPST file ( https://qpsttool.com/qpst-tool-v2-7-496_ ) where the the qfile.exe is incorporated. I reverted to the last functioning rom and went ok. You may try this path.
So... apparently I screwed up and bought a "global" model 2021 w/ Snapdragon 870.
Before I embark on this perilous journey towards 1080p streaming outside of YouTube, can somebody clarify and important point:
IS THERE SOME NOOB-PROOF WAY TO BACK UP THE FAUX "GLOBAL" SOFTWARE FOR REVERTS IN CASE EVERYTHING GOES SIDEWAYS???
Hello @sabaku_chris! Your tablet has unofficial Chinese ROM.