• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

How To Guide Install Stock ROM - Xiaoxin Pad Pro 2021 [TB-J716F]

Search This thread

lee331

Dec 7, 2021
IMG20220115025745~2.jpg
still no luck even sucessfully flashed i got an corrupted serial number like neodiud

lee331

Dec 7, 2021
is this region protect? how to bypass this without sending it back to china i have no contact on the seller now

Chanx18

Dec 31, 2021
How to install Stock ROM - Xiaoxin Pad Pro 2021 [TB-J716F]

I tried installing a GSI-ROM on this tablet, which basically worked except for three/four bugs I coulnd't solve.
So I tried to restore the Stock ROM in the meantime and will share my experience.
Your data will be deleted, try it at your own risk.

Requirements:
Installation:
  1. Boot tablet in EDL-Mode, there are two ways (in EDL-Mode screen always remains off):
    • If tablet is fully booted: use adb command "adb reboot edl"
    • If tablet is off or can't be booted: press the volume up button and hold, plug the usb cable into the tablet and PC and wait a few seconds
  2. Now this should appear in your device manager:View attachment 5434141
  3. Start the QFIL-Programm, it should detect the port with the same name.
  4. Go to "Configuration" -> "FireHose Configuration". At device type select "ufs" and tick "Reset After Download" then press ok:View attachment 5434145
  5. Back in the main window select "Programmer Path" and browse to the ROM-Folder, select the file "prog_firehose_ddr.elf".
  6. Select "Content XML" and browse to the ROM-Folder, select the file "contents.xml"
  7. Click "Download Content" and wait, may take a few minutes
  8. After its done, this status message should a appear and the tablet should reboot.
View attachment 5434149

Done, Stock-ROM should boot now.
Hi its the same procedure for 2020 version?

bobochacha

Jan 14, 2022
Hi @Tropaion , after i flash to stock rom with QFIL and when i try to relock the bootloader after that, i get device is corrupted. I can only relock the bootloader after updating to zui 13 but i won't have L1 certification. Why am i getting device is corrupted when everyone seems to be fine with relocking after flashing? I've tried relocking first(i will get device is corrupted at this point when relocking) then flash stock rom also but it doesnt boot properly and it goes into bootloop. I've done wipe data/factory reset in recovery mode before also once i flash to stock rom with unlocked bootloader. I will still get device is corrupted after locking even after factory reset. Also note that for some reason i can't manually go into recovery mode from bootloader. It will just reboot by itself and goes into fresh rom setup but i am able to with sending adb reboot recovery command. Just wanted to point out because it seems a little weird to me that i can't access manually but i am able to with sending command. Not sure if this affects locking bootloader. Also, after updating to zui 13 and relocking bootloader with factory data reset, reflashing stock rom after that with QFIL will make the devices corrupted again.

Last edited:

Tropaion

Jan 4, 2021
@Chanx18 I don't have the 2020 version, but it should be the some procedure, just use the right ROM.

@bobochacha I don't know about this problem so I can't say much, but I think there a problem with your firmware/bootloader. Maybe updating/flashing current firmware could solve it, but I haven't done it with this device before. You can search in the chinese lenovo forum about it, should also work with QFIL.

bobochacha

Jan 14, 2022
@Chanx18 I don't have the 2020 version, but it should be the some procedure, just use the right ROM.

@bobochacha I don't know about this problem so I can't say much, but I think there a problem with your firmware/bootloader. Maybe updating/flashing current firmware could solve it, but I haven't done it with this device before. You can search in the chinese lenovo forum about it, should also work with QFIL.
How do i get the current firmware/bootloader? Do you have the link to the chinese lenovo forum?

russy23

I encountered this issue and went on looping on the menu you posted. What I did was to download the QPST file ( https://qpsttool.com/qpst-tool-v2-7-496_ ) where the the qfile.exe is incorporated. I reverted to the last functioning rom and went ok. You may try this path.
Unfortunately that never worked for me ..I downgraded the ROM then locked bootloader..but the Chinese Lenovo service centre have fixed it.. annoying to pay £42 to return it just because they have better software than us

Aadieu

Aug 6, 2012
So... apparently I screwed up and bought a "global" model 2021 w/ Snapdragon 870.

Before I embark on this perilous journey towards 1080p streaming outside of YouTube, can somebody clarify and important point:

IS THERE SOME NOOB-PROOF WAY TO BACK UP THE FAUX "GLOBAL" SOFTWARE FOR REVERTS IN CASE EVERYTHING GOES SIDEWAYS???

mardon85

Jan 8, 2009
Manchester
So... apparently I screwed up and bought a "global" model 2021 w/ Snapdragon 870.

Before I embark on this perilous journey towards 1080p streaming outside of YouTube, can somebody clarify and important point:

IS THERE SOME NOOB-PROOF WAY TO BACK UP THE FAUX "GLOBAL" SOFTWARE FOR REVERTS IN CASE EVERYTHING GOES SIDEWAYS???

I'm pretty sure he firmwares are backed up here

Law111

Jan 20, 2022
Ok I just read this thread bought this tablet from Giztop Global FW bootloader unlocked. Im trying to flash back to china FW. Im following this guide using my thinkpad windows 11. I was able to place tablet into edl by adb no issue there. When I run QFIL getting the Sahara error? Im stuck currently and would appreciate any help

Law111

Jan 20, 2022
Ok I been working on this all day, found out my errors. Was able to successfully flash the tablet but now getting corrupted error and stuck in recovery. Any help would be appreciated it. I don't really want to waste time sending it back.

Attachments

• IMG_20220121_001500.jpg
    IMG_20220121_001500.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 9

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Read all this forum. I guess that some had the same problem. Maybe you find solution.
    If not try to start form beginning.
    Rename contents.xml to contents.xml.bak
    copy contents_fullupgrade.xml to contents.xml

than do the same as in https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...n-pad-pro-2021-tb-j716f.4347951/post-85782691

you don´t fix your SN but your Tablet starts.
    Hello I did but did not start what do you mean copy contents_fullupgrade.xml? You mean rename it to contents.xml?
    Hello I did but did not start what do you mean copy contents_fullupgrade.xml? You mean rename it to contents.xml?
    And the contents.xml to contents.xml.bak
    How did you sort it. You may help someone else out in the future.
    Well I deleted the files associated to qfil etc..rebooted and installed qpst 2.7.43 which comes with qfil..setup the program before connecting device..all went well until I relocked bootloader
    How to install Stock ROM - Xiaoxin Pad Pro 2021 [TB-J716F]

I tried installing a GSI-ROM on this tablet, which basically worked except for three/four bugs I coulnd't solve.
    So I tried to restore the Stock ROM in the meantime and will share my experience.
    Your data will be deleted, try it at your own risk.

Requirements:
    Installation:
    1. Boot tablet in EDL-Mode, there are two ways (in EDL-Mode screen always remains off):
      • If tablet is fully booted: use adb command "adb reboot edl"
      • If tablet is off or can't be booted: press the volume up button and hold, plug the usb cable into the tablet and PC and wait a few seconds
    2. Now this should appear in your device manager:
      device_manager.png
    3. Start the QFIL-Programm, it should detect the port with the same name.
    4. Go to "Configuration" -> "FireHose Configuration". At device type select "ufs" and tick "Reset After Download" then press ok:
      qfil_1.png
    5. Back in the main window select "Programmer Path" and browse to the ROM-Folder, select the file "prog_firehose_ddr.elf".
    6. Select "Content XML" and browse to the ROM-Folder, select the file "contents.xml"
    7. Click "Download Content" and wait, may take a few minutes
    8. After its done, this status message should a appear and the tablet should reboot.
    qfil_2.png

Done, Stock-ROM should boot now.
    Finally managed to install China ROM. I started with unlocked bootloader and Banggood tablet with global ROM.
    Everything OK, finally got Widevine L1, OTA. Only English and Chineze languages. Netfix works in FullHD.

I have run into sahara fail issue on windows 11. To resolve this, I followed @PHRS and @Tropaion guides. USB debugging has to be enabled first in the tablet menu.

1. Install Qualcomm USB Driver v1.0 and restart computer
    driver.jpg

2. Install QPST Tool in default path ProgramFiles(x86) https://qpsttool.com/qpst-tool-v2-7-496
    3. Extract ROM content in C:\Program Files (x86)\Qualcomm\QPST\bin\TB-J716F_CN_OPEN_USER; I guess this is important, because if I left the ROM in a Desktop folder, I got Sahara fail. May be due to windows 11 security implementation and ProgramFiles file access stuff...
    4. Connect tablet in EDL mode - I did it with with adb command "adb reboot edl"
    5. Check if the tablet is visible in Device manager, under Ports (COM&LPT); note the port number. Tablet screen is black.
    6. Execute as Administrator "C:\Program Files (x86)\Qualcomm\QPST\bin\QFIL.exe"; the port number from step 5 should be visible in QFIL.
    7. Setup QFIL / FireHose Configuration as indicated in Opening post (0-Sahara, ufs, reset after download)
    8. Browse Programmer path with "C:\Program Files (x86)\Qualcomm\QPST\bin\TB-J716F_CN_OPEN_USER\prog_firehose_ddr.elf" and Content XML with "C:\Program Files (x86)\Qualcomm\QPST\bin\TB-J716F_CN_OPEN_USER\contents.xml"
    Screenshot 2021-11-24 182003.png

9. Click download content. For me it worked fast, the log showed the processes running in a few steps. I had a USB3 connection, maybe this is why it went very fast (~20-30 seconds).
    10. Tablet can be rebooted with the new ROM, but still Widevine L3
    11. To lock the bootloader, first install LenovoUsbDriver_v1.1.47
    12. Use @Tropaion lock batchscript https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...n-pad-pro-2021-tb-j716f.4347321/post-85775623
    13. The bootloader is locked and the tablet is reset. Widevine L1 and OTA after this.
    14. A bit weird boot with all the Chineze, but embedded apps can be easily uninstalled. I installed Aptoide, then Google Play, Netflix, Swiftkey instead of the chinese one, etc.

Thank you @Tropaion, @PHRS and the rest of XDA community. All the best!

LE. By the way, when I first got the tablet I thought the wifi module is broken or something, because it connected my wifi, but with limited connection. I finally realized that the date/time was wrong (because of the empty battery I guess), and after I manually adjusted the date, internet connection was established.
    Hi guys, I'll leave my contribution here. I was forced to reinstall the ROM as I had the excellent idea to lock Bootloader with the 'Global' ROM installed. Everything went wrong and my tablet didn't start anymore, it was just on the Fastboot screen. The “Tropaion” tutorial helped me a lot.

I was using Windows 11, and it didn't recognize the tablet at all and when it did, it gave an error at the time of “download content” in QFIL, the famous error of “sahara fail”. At least in my case, I had to do the procedures for Windows 10 newly installed on the machine.

Starting from the beginning

• I used the QFIL that comes with QPST_2.7.496. Qualcomm's driver installer came with it as well. (https://qpsttool.com/)
    • After installing QPST I put the ROM folder inside the bin folder. Example: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Qualcomm\QPST\bin\TB-J716F_CN_OPEN_USER_Q00209.3_R_ZUI_12.6.211_ST_210730_qps"
    • I started QFIL and configured it according to what “Tropaion” taught.

The EDL Dilemma

• As my tablet was already stuck on the Fastboot screen, so I turned it off and pressed the volume up button, connected the cable to the PC and tablet, waited a few seconds and released the button.
    • Soon it went into EDL mode (It stays with the screen off, but connected to the PC) and I continued the procedure in QFIL. (If there is any error and you want to exit this mode just press the volume up & Power On/Off button together for ~30s, but if everything works out you won't need to)
    • Then he did the installation and the Lenovo Xiaoxin Pad Pro 2021 worked perfectly. But with the bootloader unlocked.

Locking Bootloader with Chinese ROM installed

- When I turned on the Xiaoxin Pad it already had an update from Lenovo. And it was updated successfully!
    - I installed the Play Store through the lenovo store, and even the tablet is with the Play Protect Certificate activated and Widevine L1 everything ok.

Important: This method worked for me, but it doesn't mean it will work for you. Unforeseen events can happen during the procedure. As I've never installed a ROM in my life, it took me quite a while to fix my error and get my Tablet back up and running :). So do it at your own risk.

Hope this helps ;)

New update Lenovo
    20211024_095359.jpg

DRM Info
    Screenshot_2021-10-25-01-01-10-1625424965.jpg

[Update] ZUI 13.0.364 is now available!!​

Screenshot_2021-11-20-09-37-40-0847653534.jpg

Screenshot_2021-11-20-09-37-24-0718768572.jpg
    It has multi-language and on the product page banggood says it comes rooted with Chinese ROM with play store installed and multi-languages.
    If it was original Chinese rom, it should have update option. Am I right?
    Modified roms have no updates.
    I can only think of one thing you can try to enter edl mode, which I recently read in an chinese forum.
    1. turn off tablet
    2 open qfil software
    3. hold volume up button
    4. plug in usb cable and connect tablet with your pc while holding the button pressed
    5. let lose of volume up button
    6. wait for about 2 sec., tablet should be in edl mode. qfil software should detect the tablet.