Hi guys, I'll leave my contribution here. I was forced to reinstall the ROM as I had the excellent idea to lock Bootloader. Everything went wrong and my tablet didn't start anymore, it was just on the Fastboot screen. The “Tropaion” tutorial helped me a lot.
I was using Windows 11, and it didn't recognize the tablet at all and when it did, it gave an error at the time of “download content” in QFIL, the famous error of “sahara fail”. At least in my case, I had to do the procedures for Windows 10 newly installed on the machine.
This driver issue is VERY IMPORTANT, don't forget to install.
Starting from the beginning
- I used the QFIL that comes with QPST_2.7.496. Qualcomm's driver installer came with it as well. (https://qpsttool.com/
- After installing QPST I put the ROM folder inside the bin folder. Example: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Qualcomm\QPST\bin\TB-J716F_CN_OPEN_USER_Q00209.3_R_ZUI_12.6.211_ST_210730_qps"
- I started QFIL and configured it according to what “Tropaion” taught.
The EDL Dilemma
- As my tablet was already stuck on the Fastboot screen, so I turned it off and pressed the volume up button, connected the cable to the PC and tablet, waited a few seconds and released the button.
- Soon it went into EDL mode (It stays with the screen off, but connected to the PC) and I continued the procedure in QFIL. (If there is any error and you want to exit this mode just press the volume up & Power On/Off button together for ~30s, but if everything works out you won't need to)
- Then he did the installation and the Lenovo Xiaoxin Pad Pro 2021 worked perfectly. But with the bootloader unlocked.
Locking Bootloader Again
- I downloaded platform-tools_r31.0.3 (https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools
- I unzipped it into Disk C. Example: “C:\platform-tools”
- I started CMD in the folder
- Again I turned off the tablet, started fastboot (low volume button & Power On/Off together for ~30s) and connected to PC.
- I downloaded Drive ADB (https://developer.android.com/studio/run/win-usb?hl=pt-br
- I went to Device Manager and updated the drive (https://androidmtk.com/install-google-adb-driver-manually
- I went back to CMD, and typed in the following commands:
fastboot devices (To check if the Lenovo Tablet really was there)
fastboot flashing lock (To lock Bootloader)
- Then the tablet asked me to confirm if I was sure I wanted to lock the bootloader (Just use the volume button to navigate and Power On/Off to confirm)
- That's it. Bootloader blocked!!
When I turned on the Xiaoxin Pad it already had an update from Lenovo. And it was updated successfully!
I installed the Play Store through the lenovo store, and even the tablet is with the Play Protect Certificate activated and Widevine L1 everything ok.
I couldn't install Netflix from the Google Play Store, I don't know why.
Important: This method worked for me, but it doesn't mean it will work for you. Unforeseen events can happen during the procedure. As I've never installed a ROM in my life, it took me quite a while to fix my error and get my Tablet back up and running
. So do it at your own risk.
Hope this helps.
View attachment 5440511
View attachment 5440513