• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

How To Guide Install Stock ROM - Xiaoxin Pad Pro 2021 [TB-J716F]

Search This thread

PHRS

Oct 24, 2021
Pará, Brazil
but wait. on the steps mentioned by Tropaion in installing Stock rom, should I do it with my tablet on? in fastbot mode or where?
Cause I dit it while my tablet is off
Hello @mjmjxxx, If your tablet is turned on, run "./adb reboot edl" in Powershell or if it's in CMD "adb reboot edl"

If the Tablet is off press the volume up button and hold, plug the usb cable into the Tablet and PC, wait a few seconds and your tablet will go into edl mode. No sign will appear on the tablet, it will only connect to the computer.

Reactions: Tropaion

mjmjxxx

Oct 26, 2021

mjmjxxx

Oct 26, 2021
Hello @mjmjxxx, If your tablet is turned on, run "./adb reboot edl" in Powershell or if it's in CMD "adb reboot edl"

If the Tablet is off press the volume up button and hold, plug the usb cable into the Tablet and PC, wait a few seconds and your tablet will go into edl mode. No sign will appear on the tablet, it will only connect to the computer.
thank you so much . will try it

sabaku_chris

Oct 15, 2021
@sabaku_chris "CN" normally stands for Chinese ROM, but I don't know the naming of global ROM because I have never seen it. If the only available language is Chinese and English then its Chinese ROM.
@fazioso PHRS already wrote a bit about his expierence here, but it's not that difficult.
  1. Lock Bootloader
  2. Install Stock ROM (this thread)
I can't verify if updates work after it but according to @PHRS it works. I will try it myself soon too.
It has multi-language and on the product page banggood says it comes rooted with Chinese ROM with play store installed and multi-languages.
If it was original Chinese rom, it should have update option. Am I right?

PHRS

Oct 24, 2021
Pará, Brazil
It has multi-language and on the product page banggood says it comes rooted with Chinese ROM with play store installed and multi-languages.
Hello @sabaku_chris! Your tablet has unofficial Chinese ROM.

The official Chinese ROM does not come with the Google Play Store pre-installed and only comes in two languages, English and Chinese. It comes with firmware upgrade option (via OTA), with Widevine L1 and, if you install Google Play Store, comes with Play Protect Certificate.

An advice: But if you don't need these features, continue with the version that was already installed on it. In case of doubt, do not change the ROM.

sabaku_chris

Oct 15, 2021

The official Chinese ROM does not come with the Google Play Store pre-installed and only comes in two languages, English and Chinese. It comes with firmware upgrade option (via OTA), with Widevine L1 and, if you install Google Play Store, comes with Play Protect Certificate.

An advice: But if you don't need these features, continue with the version that was already installed on it. In case of doubt, do not change the ROM.
Hello @PHRS thank you for answering to my questions.
I don't care using Greek language as I'm Greek. So I'm interesting in installing official Chinese ROM. Is the procedure as described in page 1?

PHRS

Oct 24, 2021
Pará, Brazil
Hello @PHRS thank you for answering to my questions.
I don't care using Greek language as I'm Greek. So I'm interesting in installing official Chinese ROM. Is the procedure as described in page 1?
When you change the ROM to Official Chinese ROM, you can only choose Chinese or English language.

Yes, use the tutorial on the first page. Just don't forget to install the drivers. Be prepared as unforeseen events happen.

I'm hoping you can successfully install!

Reactions: sabaku_chris

sabaku_chris

Oct 15, 2021
When you change the ROM to Official Chinese ROM, you can only choose Chinese or English language.

Yes, use the tutorial on the first page. Just don't forget to install the drivers. Be prepared as unforeseen events happen.

I'm hoping you can successfully install!
By unforseen events you mean tablet might brick during the procedure?

mjmjxxx

Oct 26, 2021
Thank you guys for all your help and contributions here. Successfully installed Official China rom and bootloader locked too.

mjmjxxx

Oct 26, 2021

Thank you for your help. I finally got rid of the crappy unofficial global rom

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Finally managed to install China ROM. I started with unlocked bootloader and Banggood tablet with global ROM.
    Everything OK, finally got Widevine L1, OTA. Only English and Chineze languages. Netfix works in FullHD.

I have run into sahara fail issue on windows 11. To resolve this, I followed @PHRS and @Tropaion guides. USB debugging has to be enabled first in the tablet menu.

1. Install Qualcomm USB Driver v1.0 and restart computer
    driver.jpg

2. Install QPST Tool in default path ProgramFiles(x86) https://qpsttool.com/qpst-tool-v2-7-496
    3. Extract ROM content in C:\Program Files (x86)\Qualcomm\QPST\bin\TB-J716F_CN_OPEN_USER; I guess this is important, because if I left the ROM in a Desktop folder, I got Sahara fail. May be due to windows 11 security implementation and ProgramFiles file access stuff...
    4. Connect tablet in EDL mode - I did it with with adb command "adb reboot edl"
    5. Check if the tablet is visible in Device manager, under Ports (COM&LPT); note the port number. Tablet screen is black.
    6. Execute as Administrator "C:\Program Files (x86)\Qualcomm\QPST\bin\QFIL.exe"; the port number from step 5 should be visible in QFIL.
    7. Setup QFIL / FireHose Configuration as indicated in Opening post (0-Sahara, ufs, reset after download)
    8. Browse Programmer path with "C:\Program Files (x86)\Qualcomm\QPST\bin\TB-J716F_CN_OPEN_USER\prog_firehose_ddr.elf" and Content XML with "C:\Program Files (x86)\Qualcomm\QPST\bin\TB-J716F_CN_OPEN_USER\contents.xml"
    Screenshot 2021-11-24 182003.png

9. Click download content. For me it worked fast, the log showed the processes running in a few steps. I had a USB3 connection, maybe this is why it went very fast (~20-30 seconds).
    10. Tablet can be rebooted with the new ROM, but still Widevine L3
    11. To lock the bootloader, first install LenovoUsbDriver_v1.1.47
    12. Use @Tropaion lock batchscript https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...n-pad-pro-2021-tb-j716f.4347321/post-85775623
    13. The bootloader is locked and the tablet is reset. Widevine L1 and OTA after this.
    14. A bit weird boot with all the Chineze, but embedded apps can be easily uninstalled. I installed Aptoide, then Google Play, Netflix, Swiftkey instead of the chinese one, etc.

Thank you @Tropaion, @PHRS and the rest of XDA community. All the best!

LE. By the way, when I first got the tablet I thought the wifi module is broken or something, because it connected my wifi, but with limited connection. I finally realized that the date/time was wrong (because of the empty battery I guess), and after I manually adjusted the date, internet connection was established.
    Stick with that ROM and any subsequent updates to avoid having to deal with the issues as seen in the post directly above yours.

In general other than the security app and the "recent searches" (when you swipe up from the middle of the home screen) which is in chinese i'm actually pretty happy with th

Thanks. I think it is a Chinese rom. It is also widevine L1 and has no other languages except Chinese and English. A few apps however are in Chinese and cannot be uninstalled so I just disabled them. So far, all Google apps that I install are ok.
    Everything can be uninstalled using ADB, even vital system apps, so take great care!
    Use ADB AppControl, it's a lot easier to use! (I have the Extended Version, since I thought supporting this awesome project is vital for it to become even better.)
    I've uninstalled all the bloat I found unnecessary, like Lenovo's File Manager, Clock, the ZUI Home itself (since I use Nova Launcher Prime)...
    Wanted to say thanks to you all (especially to
    Tropaion and PHRS )
    I Followed the instructions and Managed to flash the stock rom without any problems. to be honest I was surprised that nothing went wrong! :giggle:

Also locked the bootloader and now I have widevine L1 (which was all the point in buying the tablet in the first place) and the stock rom has actually more options to control screen color and temperature.
    Guys, I uploaded the update here if you're interested...
    Thx to @Tropaion and @PHRS ,i have problem with sahara and fhloader fail, trying using other computer and its work!, the second pc iam using, i haven't instaled any qualcom driver on it after instaling necessary driver and tool its work like charm, Have bootloader locked after that
    How to install Stock ROM - Xiaoxin Pad Pro 2021 [TB-J716F]

I tried installing a GSI-ROM on this tablet, which basically worked except for three/four bugs I coulnd't solve.
    So I tried to restore the Stock ROM in the meantime and will share my experience.
    Your data will be deleted, try it at your own risk.

Requirements:
    Installation:
    1. Boot tablet in EDL-Mode, there are two ways (in EDL-Mode screen always remains off):
      • If tablet is fully booted: use adb command "adb reboot edl"
      • If tablet is off or can't be booted: press the volume up button and hold, plug the usb cable into the tablet and PC and wait a few seconds
    2. Now this should appear in your device manager:
      device_manager.png
    3. Start the QFIL-Programm, it should detect the port with the same name.
    4. Go to "Configuration" -> "FireHose Configuration". At device type select "ufs" and tick "Reset After Download" then press ok:
      qfil_1.png
    5. Back in the main window select "Programmer Path" and browse to the ROM-Folder, select the file "prog_firehose_ddr.elf".
    6. Select "Content XML" and browse to the ROM-Folder, select the file "contents.xml"
    7. Click "Download Content" and wait, may take a few minutes
    8. After its done, this status message should a appear and the tablet should reboot.
    qfil_2.png

Done, Stock-ROM should boot now.
    Finally managed to install China ROM. I started with unlocked bootloader and Banggood tablet with global ROM.
    Everything OK, finally got Widevine L1, OTA. Only English and Chineze languages. Netfix works in FullHD.

I have run into sahara fail issue on windows 11. To resolve this, I followed @PHRS and @Tropaion guides. USB debugging has to be enabled first in the tablet menu.

1. Install Qualcomm USB Driver v1.0 and restart computer
    driver.jpg

2. Install QPST Tool in default path ProgramFiles(x86) https://qpsttool.com/qpst-tool-v2-7-496
    3. Extract ROM content in C:\Program Files (x86)\Qualcomm\QPST\bin\TB-J716F_CN_OPEN_USER; I guess this is important, because if I left the ROM in a Desktop folder, I got Sahara fail. May be due to windows 11 security implementation and ProgramFiles file access stuff...
    4. Connect tablet in EDL mode - I did it with with adb command "adb reboot edl"
    5. Check if the tablet is visible in Device manager, under Ports (COM&LPT); note the port number. Tablet screen is black.
    6. Execute as Administrator "C:\Program Files (x86)\Qualcomm\QPST\bin\QFIL.exe"; the port number from step 5 should be visible in QFIL.
    7. Setup QFIL / FireHose Configuration as indicated in Opening post (0-Sahara, ufs, reset after download)
    8. Browse Programmer path with "C:\Program Files (x86)\Qualcomm\QPST\bin\TB-J716F_CN_OPEN_USER\prog_firehose_ddr.elf" and Content XML with "C:\Program Files (x86)\Qualcomm\QPST\bin\TB-J716F_CN_OPEN_USER\contents.xml"
    Screenshot 2021-11-24 182003.png

9. Click download content. For me it worked fast, the log showed the processes running in a few steps. I had a USB3 connection, maybe this is why it went very fast (~20-30 seconds).
    10. Tablet can be rebooted with the new ROM, but still Widevine L3
    11. To lock the bootloader, first install LenovoUsbDriver_v1.1.47
    12. Use @Tropaion lock batchscript https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...n-pad-pro-2021-tb-j716f.4347321/post-85775623
    13. The bootloader is locked and the tablet is reset. Widevine L1 and OTA after this.
    14. A bit weird boot with all the Chineze, but embedded apps can be easily uninstalled. I installed Aptoide, then Google Play, Netflix, Swiftkey instead of the chinese one, etc.

Thank you @Tropaion, @PHRS and the rest of XDA community. All the best!

LE. By the way, when I first got the tablet I thought the wifi module is broken or something, because it connected my wifi, but with limited connection. I finally realized that the date/time was wrong (because of the empty battery I guess), and after I manually adjusted the date, internet connection was established.
    Hi guys, I'll leave my contribution here. I was forced to reinstall the ROM as I had the excellent idea to lock Bootloader with the 'Global' ROM installed. Everything went wrong and my tablet didn't start anymore, it was just on the Fastboot screen. The “Tropaion” tutorial helped me a lot.

I was using Windows 11, and it didn't recognize the tablet at all and when it did, it gave an error at the time of “download content” in QFIL, the famous error of “sahara fail”. At least in my case, I had to do the procedures for Windows 10 newly installed on the machine.

Starting from the beginning

• I used the QFIL that comes with QPST_2.7.496. Qualcomm's driver installer came with it as well. (https://qpsttool.com/)
    • After installing QPST I put the ROM folder inside the bin folder. Example: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Qualcomm\QPST\bin\TB-J716F_CN_OPEN_USER_Q00209.3_R_ZUI_12.6.211_ST_210730_qps"
    • I started QFIL and configured it according to what “Tropaion” taught.

The EDL Dilemma

• As my tablet was already stuck on the Fastboot screen, so I turned it off and pressed the volume up button, connected the cable to the PC and tablet, waited a few seconds and released the button.
    • Soon it went into EDL mode (It stays with the screen off, but connected to the PC) and I continued the procedure in QFIL. (If there is any error and you want to exit this mode just press the volume up & Power On/Off button together for ~30s, but if everything works out you won't need to)
    • Then he did the installation and the Lenovo Xiaoxin Pad Pro 2021 worked perfectly. But with the bootloader unlocked.

Locking Bootloader with Chinese ROM installed

- When I turned on the Xiaoxin Pad it already had an update from Lenovo. And it was updated successfully!
    - I installed the Play Store through the lenovo store, and even the tablet is with the Play Protect Certificate activated and Widevine L1 everything ok.

Important: This method worked for me, but it doesn't mean it will work for you. Unforeseen events can happen during the procedure. As I've never installed a ROM in my life, it took me quite a while to fix my error and get my Tablet back up and running :). So do it at your own risk.

Hope this helps ;)

New update Lenovo
    20211024_095359.jpg

DRM Info
    Screenshot_2021-10-25-01-01-10-1625424965.jpg

[Update] ZUI 13.0.364 is now available!!​

Screenshot_2021-11-20-09-37-40-0847653534.jpg

Screenshot_2021-11-20-09-37-24-0718768572.jpg

I can only think of one thing you can try to enter edl mode, which I recently read in an chinese forum.
    1. turn off tablet
    2 open qfil software
    3. hold volume up button
    4. plug in usb cable and connect tablet with your pc while holding the button pressed
    5. let lose of volume up button
    6. wait for about 2 sec., tablet should be in edl mode. qfil software should detect the tablet.