How To Guide Install Stock ROM - Xiaoxin Pad Pro 2021 [TB-J716F]

Search This thread

JobinFerreira

Jun 30, 2022
I already have the stock chinese ROM installed, and I'm with that corrupted message cause I've locked my bootloader without update to the last build. Now with the SN file, can I unlocked the bootload and install the updates to lock the bootload again ?

mightnare

Jan 25, 2012
Samsung Galaxy M31
Lenovo P11
I have to install the two updates, or just the 560 ?

I received my tablet yesterday, and I immediately upgraded it up to the latest 13.1.560 via OTA.

I then went all through the unlock / install twrp / reflash / system corrupted / recovery corrupted / and even carelessly erased my serial number. Thanks to @amiruls for this guide https://xdaforums.com/t/fixing-qfil...issues-tb-j716f-p11-pro-xiaoxin-2021.4448469/, I was able to bootup again with the oldest rom.

As what they said, unlock the bootloader and flash the oldest rom. Once you get the tablet booted up successfully, flash each update manually one by one. Then that is the time you lock the bootloader back, and you will have OTA back.

Only unlock when the tablet's rom matches the version when you first unlocked. Or else you'll get a corrupted error.

2022-07-05 11_40_58-Untitled - Paint.png

JobinFerreira

Jun 30, 2022
I received my tablet yesterday, and I immediately upgraded it up to the latest 13.1.560 via OTA.

I then went all through the unlock / install twrp / reflash / system corrupted / recovery corrupted / and even carelessly erased my serial number. Thanks to @amiruls for this guide https://xdaforums.com

I then went all through the unlock / install twrp / reflash / system corrupted / recovery corrupted / and even carelessly erased my serial number. Thanks to @amiruls for this guide https://xdaforums.com/t/fixing-qfil...issues-tb-j716f-p11-pro-xiaoxin-2021.4448469/, I was able to bootup again with the oldest rom.

As what they said, unlock the bootloader and flash the oldest rom. Once you get the tablet booted up successfully, flash each update manually one by one. Then that is the time you lock the bootloader back, and you will have OTA back.

Only unlock when the tablet's rom matches the version when you first unlocked. Or else you'll get a corrupted error.

View attachment 5652223

/t/fixing-qfil-erase-after-download-issues-tb-j716f-p11-pro-xiaoxin-2021.4448469/, I was able to bootup again with the oldest rom.

View attachment 5652223
Do you have the link for this updates ?

Another friend posted some links for those updates, buts it's on mega, I can't finish my download there.

Edit: Solved.

Last edited:

gunalarix8

tropaldi

Jul 9, 2022
Dear friends,

After installing one by one and closing the bootload the message “Your device is corrupt…” appears again.
How do I close the bootloader without having this problem and solve the issue about widevine L3?

Last edited:

JobinFerreira

Jun 30, 2022
Dear friends,

After installing one by one and closing the bootload the message “Your device is corrupt…” appears again.
How do I close the bootloader without having this problem and solve the issue about widevine L3?
I've installed two manually and the rest came automatically. I didn't get the corrupt message, I guess I was lucky.

westerio

Aug 6, 2022
I just got my tablet today. Follow all the steps but I am getting this error. 286 command .... too large to fit. Any idea why I am getting this?

about:blank

Last edited:

dinhvtai

Nov 11, 2010
Hi all,
I'm getting 404 Not Found page after trying to get the SN image file via the direct link. The Serial number was inputted & replaced perfectly correct. Could anyone please help me? Mine is: HA1EKB1W

vitorbarker

Aug 18, 2022
Hi everyone! Even renaming the updates, I still can't recognize the files. Already try to do with the compressed and unzipped files. I didn't perform any updates after installing the original rom. Can anyone give me some help?
Screenshot_2022-08-18-13-44-59-0314952822_EDIT_1660841515399.jpg
Edit: solved

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-08-18-13-44-59-0314952822.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-08-18-13-44-59-0314952822.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

KaccatuXDA

Aug 19, 2022
Its so good to watch HD videos on Prime and Netflix for the first time with this tablet. Prime shows the quality on the bottom panel while playing video. Netflix shows it at early stage before playing. Anyway, you can easily tell the difference in video quality as well as audio quality. I'm still not happy running this Chinese ROM so I'll wait for some interesting options.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How to install Stock ROM - Xiaoxin Pad Pro 2021 [TB-J716F]

I tried installing a GSI-ROM on this tablet, which basically worked except for three/four bugs I coulnd't solve.
    So I tried to restore the Stock ROM in the meantime and will share my experience.
    Your data will be deleted, try it at your own risk.

Requirements:
    Installation:
    1. Boot tablet in EDL-Mode, there are two ways (in EDL-Mode screen always remains off):
      • If tablet is fully booted: use adb command "adb reboot edl"
      • If tablet is off or can't be booted: press the volume up button and hold, plug the usb cable into the tablet and PC and wait a few seconds
    2. Now this should appear in your device manager:
      device_manager.png
    3. Start the QFIL-Programm, it should detect the port with the same name.
    4. Go to "Configuration" -> "FireHose Configuration". At device type select "ufs" and tick "Reset After Download" then press ok:
      qfil_1.png
    5. Back in the main window select "Programmer Path" and browse to the ROM-Folder, select the file "prog_firehose_ddr.elf".
    6. Select "Content XML" and browse to the ROM-Folder, select the file "contents.xml"
    7. Click "Download Content" and wait, may take a few minutes
    8. After its done, this status message should a appear and the tablet should reboot.
    qfil_2.png

Done, Stock-ROM should boot now.
    Hi guys, I'll leave my contribution here. I was forced to reinstall the ROM as I had the excellent idea to lock Bootloader with the 'Global' ROM installed. Everything went wrong and my tablet didn't start anymore, it was just on the Fastboot screen. The “Tropaion” tutorial helped me a lot.

I was using Windows 11, and it didn't recognize the tablet at all and when it did, it gave an error at the time of “download content” in QFIL, the famous error of “sahara fail”. At least in my case, I had to do the procedures for Windows 10 newly installed on the machine.

Starting from the beginning

• I used the QFIL that comes with QPST_2.7.496. Qualcomm's driver installer came with it as well. (https://qpsttool.com/)
    • After installing QPST I put the ROM folder inside the bin folder. Example: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Qualcomm\QPST\bin\TB-J716F_CN_OPEN_USER_Q00209.3_R_ZUI_12.6.211_ST_210730_qps"
    • I started QFIL and configured it according to what “Tropaion” taught.

The EDL Dilemma

• As my tablet was already stuck on the Fastboot screen, so I turned it off and pressed the volume up button, connected the cable to the PC and tablet, waited a few seconds and released the button.
    • Soon it went into EDL mode (It stays with the screen off, but connected to the PC) and I continued the procedure in QFIL. (If there is any error and you want to exit this mode just press the volume up & Power On/Off button together for ~30s, but if everything works out you won't need to)
    • Then he did the installation and the Lenovo Xiaoxin Pad Pro 2021 worked perfectly. But with the bootloader unlocked.

Locking Bootloader with Chinese ROM installed

- When I turned on the Xiaoxin Pad it already had an update from Lenovo. And it was updated successfully!
    - I installed the Play Store through the lenovo store, and even the tablet is with the Play Protect Certificate activated and Widevine L1 everything ok.

Important: This method worked for me, but it doesn't mean it will work for you. Unforeseen events can happen during the procedure. As I've never installed a ROM in my life, it took me quite a while to fix my error and get my Tablet back up and running :). So do it at your own risk.

Hope this helps ;)

New update Lenovo
    20211024_095359.jpg

DRM Info
    Screenshot_2021-10-25-01-01-10-1625424965.jpg

[Update] ZUI 13.0.364 is now available!!​

Screenshot_2021-11-20-09-37-40-0847653534.jpg

Screenshot_2021-11-20-09-37-24-0718768572.jpg
    Finally managed to install China ROM. I started with unlocked bootloader and Banggood tablet with global ROM.
    Everything OK, finally got Widevine L1, OTA. Only English and Chineze languages. Netfix works in FullHD.

I have run into sahara fail issue on windows 11. To resolve this, I followed @PHRS and @Tropaion guides. USB debugging has to be enabled first in the tablet menu.

1. Install Qualcomm USB Driver v1.0 and restart computer
    driver.jpg

2. Install QPST Tool in default path ProgramFiles(x86) https://qpsttool.com/qpst-tool-v2-7-496
    3. Extract ROM content in C:\Program Files (x86)\Qualcomm\QPST\bin\TB-J716F_CN_OPEN_USER; I guess this is important, because if I left the ROM in a Desktop folder, I got Sahara fail. May be due to windows 11 security implementation and ProgramFiles file access stuff...
    4. Connect tablet in EDL mode - I did it with with adb command "adb reboot edl"
    5. Check if the tablet is visible in Device manager, under Ports (COM&LPT); note the port number. Tablet screen is black.
    6. Execute as Administrator "C:\Program Files (x86)\Qualcomm\QPST\bin\QFIL.exe"; the port number from step 5 should be visible in QFIL.
    7. Setup QFIL / FireHose Configuration as indicated in Opening post (0-Sahara, ufs, reset after download)
    8. Browse Programmer path with "C:\Program Files (x86)\Qualcomm\QPST\bin\TB-J716F_CN_OPEN_USER\prog_firehose_ddr.elf" and Content XML with "C:\Program Files (x86)\Qualcomm\QPST\bin\TB-J716F_CN_OPEN_USER\contents.xml"
    Screenshot 2021-11-24 182003.png

9. Click download content. For me it worked fast, the log showed the processes running in a few steps. I had a USB3 connection, maybe this is why it went very fast (~20-30 seconds).
    10. Tablet can be rebooted with the new ROM, but still Widevine L3
    11. To lock the bootloader, first install LenovoUsbDriver_v1.1.47
    12. Use @Tropaion lock batchscript https://xdaforums.com/t/lock-unlock-bootloader-xiaoxin-pad-pro-2021-tb-j716f.4347321/post-85775623
    13. The bootloader is locked and the tablet is reset. Widevine L1 and OTA after this.
    14. A bit weird boot with all the Chineze, but embedded apps can be easily uninstalled. I installed Aptoide, then Google Play, Netflix, Swiftkey instead of the chinese one, etc.

Thank you @Tropaion, @PHRS and the rest of XDA community. All the best!

LE. By the way, when I first got the tablet I thought the wifi module is broken or something, because it connected my wifi, but with limited connection. I finally realized that the date/time was wrong (because of the empty battery I guess), and after I manually adjusted the date, internet connection was established.
    It has multi-language and on the product page banggood says it comes rooted with Chinese ROM with play store installed and multi-languages.
    If it was original Chinese rom, it should have update option. Am I right?
    Hello @sabaku_chris! Your tablet has unofficial Chinese ROM.

The official Chinese ROM does not come with the Google Play Store pre-installed and only comes in two languages, English and Chinese. It comes with firmware upgrade option (via OTA), with Widevine L1 and, if you install Google Play Store, comes with Play Protect Certificate.

An advice: But if you don't need these features, continue with the version that was already installed on it. In case of doubt, do not change the ROM.
    Hi guys, I'll leave my contribution here. I was forced to reinstall the ROM as I had the excellent idea to lock Bootloader. Everything went wrong and my tablet didn't start anymore, it was just on the Fastboot screen. The “Tropaion” tutorial helped me a lot.

I was using Windows 11, and it didn't recognize the tablet at all and when it did, it gave an error at the time of “download content” in QFIL, the famous error of “sahara fail”. At least in my case, I had to do the procedures for Windows 10 newly installed on the machine.

This driver issue is VERY IMPORTANT, don't forget to install.

Starting from the beginning

- I used the QFIL that comes with QPST_2.7.496. Qualcomm's driver installer came with it as well. (https://qpsttool.com/)

- After installing QPST I put the ROM folder inside the bin folder. Example: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Qualcomm\QPST\bin\TB-J716F_CN_OPEN_USER_Q00209.3_R_ZUI_12.6.211_ST_210730_qps"

- I started QFIL and configured it according to what “Tropaion” taught.

The EDL Dilemma

- As my tablet was already stuck on the Fastboot screen, so I turned it off and pressed the volume up button, connected the cable to the PC and tablet, waited a few seconds and released the button.

- Soon it went into EDL mode (It stays with the screen off, but connected to the PC) and I continued the procedure in QFIL. (If there is any error and you want to exit this mode just press the volume up & Power On/Off button together for ~30s, but if everything works out you won't need to)

- Then he did the installation and the Lenovo Xiaoxin Pad Pro 2021 worked perfectly. But with the bootloader unlocked.

Locking Bootloader Again

- I downloaded platform-tools_r31.0.3 (https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools)

- I unzipped it into Disk C. Example: “C:\platform-tools”

- I started CMD in the folder

- Again I turned off the tablet, started fastboot (low volume button & Power On/Off together for ~30s) and connected to PC.

- I downloaded Drive ADB (https://developer.android.com/studio/run/win-usb?hl=pt-br)

- I went to Device Manager and updated the drive (https://androidmtk.com/install-google-adb-driver-manually)

- I went back to CMD, and typed in the following commands:

fastboot devices (To check if the Lenovo Tablet really was there)

fastboot flashing lock (To lock Bootloader)

- Then the tablet asked me to confirm if I was sure I wanted to lock the bootloader (Just use the volume button to navigate and Power On/Off to confirm)

- That's it. Bootloader blocked!!

When I turned on the Xiaoxin Pad it already had an update from Lenovo. And it was updated successfully!

I installed the Play Store through the lenovo store, and even the tablet is with the Play Protect Certificate activated and Widevine L1 everything ok.

I couldn't install Netflix from the Google Play Store, I don't know why.

Important: This method worked for me, but it doesn't mean it will work for you. Unforeseen events can happen during the procedure. As I've never installed a ROM in my life, it took me quite a while to fix my error and get my Tablet back up and running :). So do it at your own risk.

Hope this helps.

DRM Info
    View attachment 5440511

About Tablet
    View attachment 5440513
    Pro pessoal que busca ajuda em Português:

Oi pessoal, vou deixar minha contribuição aqui. Fui forçado a reinstalar a ROM pois tive a brilhante ideia de bloquear o Bootloader com a ROM 'Global' instalada. Deu tudo errado e meu tablet não iniciou mais, só ficava na tela do Fastboot. Depois de ter entrado em pânico, encontrei o tutorial do “Tropaion” que me ajudou bastante.

Eu estava usando o Windows 11, e ele não reconhecia de jeito nenhum o tablet e quando reconhecia dava um erro na hora do “download content” no QFIL, o erro do “sahara fail”. Pelo menos no meu caso, tive que fazer os procedimentos pelo Windows 10 recém instalado na máquina.

Bora começar
    • Usei o QFIL que vem junto com QPST_2.7.496. O instalador dos drivers da Qualcomm veio junto também. (https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools)
    • Após a instalação do QPST coloquei a pasta da ROM dentro da pasta bin. Exemplo: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Qualcomm\QPST\bin\TB-J716F_CN_OPEN_USER_Q00209.3_R_ZUI_12.6.211_ST_210730_qps”
    • Iniciei o QFIL e configurei de acordo com que o “Tropaion” ensinou.

O Tal do EDL
    • Como meu tablet já estava preso na tela do Fastboot, então desliguei ele e pressionei o botão de volume cima, conectei o cabo no PC e no tablet, esperei alguns segundos e soltei o botão.
    • Logo ele entrou no modo EDL (Ele fica com a tela desligada, mas conectado no PC) e continuei o procedimento no QFIL. (Caso dê algum erro e você queira sair desse modo é só pressionar o botão volume cima & Power On/Off juntos por uns ~30s, mas se tudo der certo você não vai precisar)
    • Então ele fez a instalação e o Lenovo Xiaoxin Pad Pro 2021 funcionou perfeitamente. Porém com o bootloader desbloqueado.

Bloqueando novamente o Bootloader, agora com a ROM certa instalada.
    • Baixei o platform-tools_r31.0.3 (https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools)
    • Descompactei dentro do Disco C. Exemplo: “C:\platform-tools”
    • Iniciei o CMD na pasta
    • Novamente desliguei o tablet, iniciei o fastboot (botão volume baixo & Power On/Off juntos por uns ~30s) e conectei no PC.
    • Baixei o Drive ADB (https://developer.android.com/studio/run/win-usb?hl=pt-br)
    • Fui lá no Gerenciador de Dispositivos e atualizei o drive (https://androidmtk.com/install-google-adb-driver-manually)
    • Voltei pro CMD, e digitei os seguintes comandos:
      • fastboot devices (Para verificar se realmente o Tablet Lenovo estava lá)
      • fastboot flashing lock (Para bloquear o Bootloader)
    • Em seguida o tablet pediu pra confirmar se eu tinha certeza de que queria bloquear o bootloader (É só usar o botao de volume para navegar e Power On/Off para confirmar)
    • Pronto. Bootloader bloqueado.

Quando liguei o Xiaoxin Pad ele já tinha uma atualização da Lenovo. E foi atualizado com sucesso!

Instalei a Play Store pela loja da lenovo , e inclusive o tablet está com o Certificado do Play Protect ativado e Widevine L1 tudo ok.

[Atualização]: Netflix e Disney+ ja estao disponiveis pela Google Play pra download!!

Importante: Esse método funcionou comigo, porém não quer dizer que com você vai funcionar. Podem acontecer imprevistos durante o procedimento. Como nunca instalei uma ROM na minha vida, demorei bastante pra conseguir reparar meu erro e fazer meu Tablet voltar a funcionar :). Então faça por sua conta e risco.

As imagens vocês podem conferir no meu comentário em inglês.

Espero que eu tenha ajudado!!