How To Guide Install Stock ROM - Xiaoxin Pad Pro 2021 [TB-J716F]

Search This thread
Oct 16, 2021
Hello guys, i have my tablet with zui 14 (not happy at all), just lost my L1 (never unlocked the bootloader), lost pc mode (using a third part app to enable it) and the most important for me, my purchased apps through playstore doesn't work anymore! The ones that I bought the entire app doesn't even start and the ones that I bought in-app purchases opens but I cant access the content. Anyone having this issue and know how to solve it?

Clancher

Feb 21, 2013
Hello everyone! I am trying to install original rom. Enter the edl mode via pressing power + volume up buttons.
Select xml file, main file is selected automatically. Configuration is exactly as in instruction. Tryed 2 rom versions,
but get the same error in the log:

023-03-29 01:26:22.006 Start Download
2023-03-29 01:26:22.006 Meta build active boot partition 1
2023-03-29 01:26:22.006 Starting Get Partition Files Json
2023-03-29 01:26:22.021 Get Partition Files Failed:MetaCli not found !!!
2023-03-29 01:26:22.021 Finish Get Partition Files Json
2023-03-29 01:26:22.021 Get Partition Files Json Fail
2023-03-29 01:26:22.021 COM Port number:21
2023-03-29 01:26:22.091 Switch To EDL
2023-03-29 01:26:22.116 Switch To EDL Fail Failed to Switch to Emergency Download mode
2023-03-29 01:26:52.124 Download Fail:Fail to find QDLoader port after switch
2023-03-29 01:26:52.124 Finish Download

I understand, that script cant find MetaCli, but it is 100% not downloaded rom problem.

Any suggestions ?

SipTik

Apr 2, 2023
Can someone help me?
I attempted to flash my device after an unsuccessful GSI firmware installation.
I followed the instructions precisely, but after flashing, the bootloader is unlocked, and the system doesn't boot.
I thought of trying again, so I entered fastboot and typed the command 'fastboot reboot edl,' but it shows 'waiting for any device.'
I have installed all the necessary drivers and have tried disabling driver signature verification multiple times. The tablet doesn't leave fastboot mode.

hawk1500

Apr 12, 2008
Hello guys, i have my tablet with zui 14 (not happy at all), just lost my L1 (never unlocked the bootloader), lost pc mode (using a third part app to enable it) and the most important for me, my purchased apps through playstore doesn't work anymore! The ones that I bought the entire app doesn't even start and the ones that I bought in-app purchases opens but I cant access the content. Anyone having this issue and know how to solve it?
yeah, same experience I had (the lose of purchases was what I could not stand), so I went back to ZUI 13 (and rooted in along the way). Sounds like I had to reinstall everything, but still better than ZUI 14.

Oct 16, 2021
yeah, same experience I had (the lose of purchases was what I could not stand), so I went back to ZUI 13 (and rooted in along the way). Sounds like I had to reinstall everything, but still better than ZUI 14.
I just solved the play store issue yesterday! I removed the playstore that I downloaded from lenovo app store and downloaded another one from apkmirror, version 35.5.16 and now everything is working again, some apps I had to uninstall and reinstall but now is working perfectly!

hawk1500

Apr 12, 2008
I just solved the play store issue yesterday! I removed the playstore that I downloaded from lenovo app store and downloaded another one from apkmirror, version 35.5.16 and now everything is working again, some apps I had to uninstall and reinstall but now is working perfectly!
Ah, that's good. The problem I had was super weird. It was one particular app, the bamboo writing one. I had purchased the pro pack, but with zui 14, it would tell me that I need to purchase it again, but it would take me to the Ali pay screen. I could not figure out how to restore it or link it to Google instead. Glad you got yours to work.

Joao38

Dec 28, 2019
Well I deleted the files associated to qfil etc..rebooted and installed qpst 2.7.43 which comes with qfil..setup the program before connecting device..all went well until I relocked bootloader
Hello, I'm trying to install the stock rom and I'm getting the same error to and you were. Can you explain to me step by step what to do?

IsabelFlores123

May 4, 2023
Can anybody help me! try blocking the bootloader and now it appears that the device is corrupt and trying everything and it does not exit the screen

Attachments

• IMG_2584.jpeg
    IMG_2584.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 64

asc93

Jun 11, 2023
Thanks for the help.

Actually managed to finally get it to lock by installing the most recent update ROM on this post https://xdaforums.com/t/update-13-0...0-para-xiaoxin-tb-j716f.4393555/post-86341999 after installing the previous updates and it allowed me to work and get Widevine L1 working!

Hopefully never have to do that again.
My tablet is presenting the same error. I installed the Chinese ROM, and after that, it gave me problems. I was forced to flash the old ROM, and now the same thing is happening. Could you help me?

DyegoFer

Jul 19, 2023
Hi there! I have some questions!
Why with the original Stock ROM Zui 12 when you lock the bootloader it got corrupted? Should be ok, but I got the fastboot loop!
I used the "HAHAHAHA" serial solution to got the tablet working again, but I am afraid that ZUI 13 will got me in problems again if I try to lock it. Even If i Lock the ZUI 13 is not guaranteed that I'll got the L1 certificate.

A lot of problems with this tablet, I hope someday we'll have a simple solution to play some HD streaming content in it.

Thanks!
You can help me I have the same problem, the bootloader blocks it but when starting the rom it was damaged and I have not been able to open the bootloader again to be able to install a rom stock help me.

Attachments

• 1689737183888.jpg
    1689737183888.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 29

eddie9989

Aug 19, 2023
Need HELP!
I successfully unbricked my pad by restoring to ZUI 12. But, the tablet is constantly freezing and force closing apps. The storage is unreadable and not writeable, so I can't do a proper OTA as well. Can anyone suggests what to do?

eddie9989

Aug 19, 2023
Need HELP!
I successfully unbricked my pad by restoring to ZUI 12. But, the tablet is constantly freezing and force closing apps. The storage is unreadable and not writeable, so I can't do a proper OTA as well. Can anyone suggests what to do?
And it's rebooting on itself after few minutes of tapping or connecting to the internet, anyone knows what to do?

Dredd73

Dec 19, 2010
I've just dusted this off after 6 months of non use. I was fortunate that the OTA ZUI 14 update to zui 14.0.266 worked.
After the install I am glad the PC Mode is back
WV L1 and everything else seems to work.

While the price was appealing, I can't say I would foray into these chinese tablets. Support is just shady at best.

ductrong99ak

Sep 18, 2023
How to install Stock ROM - Xiaoxin Pad Pro 2021 [TB-J716F]

I tried installing a GSI-ROM on this tablet, which basically worked except for three/four bugs I coulnd't solve.
So I tried to restore the Stock ROM in the meantime and will share my experience.
Your data will be deleted, try it at your own risk.

Requirements:
Installation:
  1. Boot tablet in EDL-Mode, there are two ways (in EDL-Mode screen always remains off):
    • If tablet is fully booted: use adb command "adb reboot edl"
    • If tablet is off or can't be booted: press the volume up button and hold, plug the usb cable into the tablet and PC and wait a few seconds
  2. Now this should appear in your device manager:View attachment 5434141
  3. Start the QFIL-Programm, it should detect the port with the same name.
  4. Go to "Configuration" -> "FireHose Configuration". At device type select "ufs" and tick "Reset After Download" then press ok:View attachment 5434145
  5. Back in the main window select "Programmer Path" and browse to the ROM-Folder, select the file "prog_firehose_ddr.elf".
  6. Select "Content XML" and browse to the ROM-Folder, select the file "contents.xml"
  7. Click "Download Content" and wait, may take a few minutes
  8. After its done, this status message should a appear and the tablet should reboot.
View attachment 5434149

Done, Stock-ROM should boot now.
I am using xiaoxin pad pro 2021 but sometimes during use it turns off for 1 hour maybe it will happen 3-4 times. Does anyone know what error I'm getting? please help me

ductrong99ak

Sep 18, 2023
I am using xiaoxin pad pro 2021 but sometimes during use it turns off for 1 hour maybe it will happen 3-4 times. Does anyone know what error I'm getting? please help me

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How to install Stock ROM - Xiaoxin Pad Pro 2021 [TB-J716F]

I tried installing a GSI-ROM on this tablet, which basically worked except for three/four bugs I coulnd't solve.
    So I tried to restore the Stock ROM in the meantime and will share my experience.
    Your data will be deleted, try it at your own risk.

Requirements:
    Installation:
    1. Boot tablet in EDL-Mode, there are two ways (in EDL-Mode screen always remains off):
      • If tablet is fully booted: use adb command "adb reboot edl"
      • If tablet is off or can't be booted: press the volume up button and hold, plug the usb cable into the tablet and PC and wait a few seconds
    2. Now this should appear in your device manager:
      device_manager.png
    3. Start the QFIL-Programm, it should detect the port with the same name.
    4. Go to "Configuration" -> "FireHose Configuration". At device type select "ufs" and tick "Reset After Download" then press ok:
      qfil_1.png
    5. Back in the main window select "Programmer Path" and browse to the ROM-Folder, select the file "prog_firehose_ddr.elf".
    6. Select "Content XML" and browse to the ROM-Folder, select the file "contents.xml"
    7. Click "Download Content" and wait, may take a few minutes
    8. After its done, this status message should a appear and the tablet should reboot.
    qfil_2.png

Done, Stock-ROM should boot now.
    Hi guys, I'll leave my contribution here. I was forced to reinstall the ROM as I had the excellent idea to lock Bootloader with the 'Global' ROM installed. Everything went wrong and my tablet didn't start anymore, it was just on the Fastboot screen. The “Tropaion” tutorial helped me a lot.

I was using Windows 11, and it didn't recognize the tablet at all and when it did, it gave an error at the time of “download content” in QFIL, the famous error of “sahara fail”. At least in my case, I had to do the procedures for Windows 10 newly installed on the machine.

Starting from the beginning

• I used the QFIL that comes with QPST_2.7.496. Qualcomm's driver installer came with it as well. (https://qpsttool.com/)
    • After installing QPST I put the ROM folder inside the bin folder. Example: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Qualcomm\QPST\bin\TB-J716F_CN_OPEN_USER_Q00209.3_R_ZUI_12.6.211_ST_210730_qps"
    • I started QFIL and configured it according to what “Tropaion” taught.

The EDL Dilemma

• As my tablet was already stuck on the Fastboot screen, so I turned it off and pressed the volume up button, connected the cable to the PC and tablet, waited a few seconds and released the button.
    • Soon it went into EDL mode (It stays with the screen off, but connected to the PC) and I continued the procedure in QFIL. (If there is any error and you want to exit this mode just press the volume up & Power On/Off button together for ~30s, but if everything works out you won't need to)
    • Then he did the installation and the Lenovo Xiaoxin Pad Pro 2021 worked perfectly. But with the bootloader unlocked.

Locking Bootloader with Chinese ROM installed

- When I turned on the Xiaoxin Pad it already had an update from Lenovo. And it was updated successfully!
    - I installed the Play Store through the lenovo store, and even the tablet is with the Play Protect Certificate activated and Widevine L1 everything ok.

Important: This method worked for me, but it doesn't mean it will work for you. Unforeseen events can happen during the procedure. As I've never installed a ROM in my life, it took me quite a while to fix my error and get my Tablet back up and running :). So do it at your own risk.

Hope this helps ;)

New update Lenovo
    20211024_095359.jpg

DRM Info
    Screenshot_2021-10-25-01-01-10-1625424965.jpg

[Update] ZUI 13.0.364 is now available!!​

Screenshot_2021-11-20-09-37-40-0847653534.jpg

Screenshot_2021-11-20-09-37-24-0718768572.jpg
    Finally managed to install China ROM. I started with unlocked bootloader and Banggood tablet with global ROM.
    Everything OK, finally got Widevine L1, OTA. Only English and Chineze languages. Netfix works in FullHD.

I have run into sahara fail issue on windows 11. To resolve this, I followed @PHRS and @Tropaion guides. USB debugging has to be enabled first in the tablet menu.

1. Install Qualcomm USB Driver v1.0 and restart computer
    driver.jpg

2. Install QPST Tool in default path ProgramFiles(x86) https://qpsttool.com/qpst-tool-v2-7-496
    3. Extract ROM content in C:\Program Files (x86)\Qualcomm\QPST\bin\TB-J716F_CN_OPEN_USER; I guess this is important, because if I left the ROM in a Desktop folder, I got Sahara fail. May be due to windows 11 security implementation and ProgramFiles file access stuff...
    4. Connect tablet in EDL mode - I did it with with adb command "adb reboot edl"
    5. Check if the tablet is visible in Device manager, under Ports (COM&LPT); note the port number. Tablet screen is black.
    6. Execute as Administrator "C:\Program Files (x86)\Qualcomm\QPST\bin\QFIL.exe"; the port number from step 5 should be visible in QFIL.
    7. Setup QFIL / FireHose Configuration as indicated in Opening post (0-Sahara, ufs, reset after download)
    8. Browse Programmer path with "C:\Program Files (x86)\Qualcomm\QPST\bin\TB-J716F_CN_OPEN_USER\prog_firehose_ddr.elf" and Content XML with "C:\Program Files (x86)\Qualcomm\QPST\bin\TB-J716F_CN_OPEN_USER\contents.xml"
    Screenshot 2021-11-24 182003.png

9. Click download content. For me it worked fast, the log showed the processes running in a few steps. I had a USB3 connection, maybe this is why it went very fast (~20-30 seconds).
    10. Tablet can be rebooted with the new ROM, but still Widevine L3
    11. To lock the bootloader, first install LenovoUsbDriver_v1.1.47
    12. Use @Tropaion lock batchscript https://xdaforums.com/t/lock-unlock-bootloader-xiaoxin-pad-pro-2021-tb-j716f.4347321/post-85775623
    13. The bootloader is locked and the tablet is reset. Widevine L1 and OTA after this.
    14. A bit weird boot with all the Chineze, but embedded apps can be easily uninstalled. I installed Aptoide, then Google Play, Netflix, Swiftkey instead of the chinese one, etc.

Thank you @Tropaion, @PHRS and the rest of XDA community. All the best!

LE. By the way, when I first got the tablet I thought the wifi module is broken or something, because it connected my wifi, but with limited connection. I finally realized that the date/time was wrong (because of the empty battery I guess), and after I manually adjusted the date, internet connection was established.
    It has multi-language and on the product page banggood says it comes rooted with Chinese ROM with play store installed and multi-languages.
    If it was original Chinese rom, it should have update option. Am I right?
    Hello @sabaku_chris! Your tablet has unofficial Chinese ROM.

The official Chinese ROM does not come with the Google Play Store pre-installed and only comes in two languages, English and Chinese. It comes with firmware upgrade option (via OTA), with Widevine L1 and, if you install Google Play Store, comes with Play Protect Certificate.

An advice: But if you don't need these features, continue with the version that was already installed on it. In case of doubt, do not change the ROM.
    Hi guys, I'll leave my contribution here. I was forced to reinstall the ROM as I had the excellent idea to lock Bootloader. Everything went wrong and my tablet didn't start anymore, it was just on the Fastboot screen. The “Tropaion” tutorial helped me a lot.

I was using Windows 11, and it didn't recognize the tablet at all and when it did, it gave an error at the time of “download content” in QFIL, the famous error of “sahara fail”. At least in my case, I had to do the procedures for Windows 10 newly installed on the machine.

This driver issue is VERY IMPORTANT, don't forget to install.

Starting from the beginning

- I used the QFIL that comes with QPST_2.7.496. Qualcomm's driver installer came with it as well. (https://qpsttool.com/)

- After installing QPST I put the ROM folder inside the bin folder. Example: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Qualcomm\QPST\bin\TB-J716F_CN_OPEN_USER_Q00209.3_R_ZUI_12.6.211_ST_210730_qps"

- I started QFIL and configured it according to what “Tropaion” taught.

The EDL Dilemma

- As my tablet was already stuck on the Fastboot screen, so I turned it off and pressed the volume up button, connected the cable to the PC and tablet, waited a few seconds and released the button.

- Soon it went into EDL mode (It stays with the screen off, but connected to the PC) and I continued the procedure in QFIL. (If there is any error and you want to exit this mode just press the volume up & Power On/Off button together for ~30s, but if everything works out you won't need to)

- Then he did the installation and the Lenovo Xiaoxin Pad Pro 2021 worked perfectly. But with the bootloader unlocked.

Locking Bootloader Again

- I downloaded platform-tools_r31.0.3 (https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools)

- I unzipped it into Disk C. Example: “C:\platform-tools”

- I started CMD in the folder

- Again I turned off the tablet, started fastboot (low volume button & Power On/Off together for ~30s) and connected to PC.

- I downloaded Drive ADB (https://developer.android.com/studio/run/win-usb?hl=pt-br)

- I went to Device Manager and updated the drive (https://androidmtk.com/install-google-adb-driver-manually)

- I went back to CMD, and typed in the following commands:

fastboot devices (To check if the Lenovo Tablet really was there)

fastboot flashing lock (To lock Bootloader)

- Then the tablet asked me to confirm if I was sure I wanted to lock the bootloader (Just use the volume button to navigate and Power On/Off to confirm)

- That's it. Bootloader blocked!!

When I turned on the Xiaoxin Pad it already had an update from Lenovo. And it was updated successfully!

I installed the Play Store through the lenovo store, and even the tablet is with the Play Protect Certificate activated and Widevine L1 everything ok.

I couldn't install Netflix from the Google Play Store, I don't know why.

Important: This method worked for me, but it doesn't mean it will work for you. Unforeseen events can happen during the procedure. As I've never installed a ROM in my life, it took me quite a while to fix my error and get my Tablet back up and running :). So do it at your own risk.

Hope this helps.

DRM Info
    View attachment 5440511

About Tablet
    View attachment 5440513
    Pro pessoal que busca ajuda em Português:

Oi pessoal, vou deixar minha contribuição aqui. Fui forçado a reinstalar a ROM pois tive a brilhante ideia de bloquear o Bootloader com a ROM 'Global' instalada. Deu tudo errado e meu tablet não iniciou mais, só ficava na tela do Fastboot. Depois de ter entrado em pânico, encontrei o tutorial do “Tropaion” que me ajudou bastante.

Eu estava usando o Windows 11, e ele não reconhecia de jeito nenhum o tablet e quando reconhecia dava um erro na hora do “download content” no QFIL, o erro do “sahara fail”. Pelo menos no meu caso, tive que fazer os procedimentos pelo Windows 10 recém instalado na máquina.

Bora começar
    • Usei o QFIL que vem junto com QPST_2.7.496. O instalador dos drivers da Qualcomm veio junto também. (https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools)
    • Após a instalação do QPST coloquei a pasta da ROM dentro da pasta bin. Exemplo: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Qualcomm\QPST\bin\TB-J716F_CN_OPEN_USER_Q00209.3_R_ZUI_12.6.211_ST_210730_qps”
    • Iniciei o QFIL e configurei de acordo com que o “Tropaion” ensinou.

O Tal do EDL
    • Como meu tablet já estava preso na tela do Fastboot, então desliguei ele e pressionei o botão de volume cima, conectei o cabo no PC e no tablet, esperei alguns segundos e soltei o botão.
    • Logo ele entrou no modo EDL (Ele fica com a tela desligada, mas conectado no PC) e continuei o procedimento no QFIL. (Caso dê algum erro e você queira sair desse modo é só pressionar o botão volume cima & Power On/Off juntos por uns ~30s, mas se tudo der certo você não vai precisar)
    • Então ele fez a instalação e o Lenovo Xiaoxin Pad Pro 2021 funcionou perfeitamente. Porém com o bootloader desbloqueado.

Bloqueando novamente o Bootloader, agora com a ROM certa instalada.
    • Baixei o platform-tools_r31.0.3 (https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools)
    • Descompactei dentro do Disco C. Exemplo: “C:\platform-tools”
    • Iniciei o CMD na pasta
    • Novamente desliguei o tablet, iniciei o fastboot (botão volume baixo & Power On/Off juntos por uns ~30s) e conectei no PC.
    • Baixei o Drive ADB (https://developer.android.com/studio/run/win-usb?hl=pt-br)
    • Fui lá no Gerenciador de Dispositivos e atualizei o drive (https://androidmtk.com/install-google-adb-driver-manually)
    • Voltei pro CMD, e digitei os seguintes comandos:
      • fastboot devices (Para verificar se realmente o Tablet Lenovo estava lá)
      • fastboot flashing lock (Para bloquear o Bootloader)
    • Em seguida o tablet pediu pra confirmar se eu tinha certeza de que queria bloquear o bootloader (É só usar o botao de volume para navegar e Power On/Off para confirmar)
    • Pronto. Bootloader bloqueado.

Quando liguei o Xiaoxin Pad ele já tinha uma atualização da Lenovo. E foi atualizado com sucesso!

Instalei a Play Store pela loja da lenovo , e inclusive o tablet está com o Certificado do Play Protect ativado e Widevine L1 tudo ok.

[Atualização]: Netflix e Disney+ ja estao disponiveis pela Google Play pra download!!

Importante: Esse método funcionou comigo, porém não quer dizer que com você vai funcionar. Podem acontecer imprevistos durante o procedimento. Como nunca instalei uma ROM na minha vida, demorei bastante pra conseguir reparar meu erro e fazer meu Tablet voltar a funcionar :). Então faça por sua conta e risco.

As imagens vocês podem conferir no meu comentário em inglês.

Espero que eu tenha ajudado!!