How To Guide Install TWRP for Xiaomi 11T Pro

Search This thread

rdz2510

Sep 10, 2011
hi , i do everything , i will come in twrp , but i cannot touch my screen.so i have to restart my phone!!!!

x3m.zone

May 12, 2012
Cluj-Napoca
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Current TWRP for 11T Pro is fine, but fail to backup EFS and System/Super partitions.
I suggest you to do a backup of your EFS partitions with Partitions Backup and Restore app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ma.wanam.partitions).

Maybe some developers will look into this and fix it.

Edit: if Data backup give you error 255, do the following:
Go to "Advanced" > "Terminal" > Type:
rm /data/extm -Rf

Then try to do a backup again, it should work.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-03-17-00-54-25.png
    Screenshot_2022-03-17-00-54-25.png
    325.9 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:

soadfan

Mar 4, 2011
Sofia
This unofficial version of TWRP + Magisk root seems to cause network problems for me as the mobile connection dropped from 4G(LTE) to 2G(EDGE).
Using Magisk root without TWRP works like a charm.

Anyone else facing this issue?

How can I install Magisk without TWRP? And can I hide root status from apps with Magisk?
Would be possible to update OTA the phone?

MrScarl3t

How can I install Magisk without TWRP? And can I hide root status from apps with Magisk?
Would be possible to update OTA the phone?

you can update ota but before you reboot and open magisk -> install -> install to inactive slot(after ota)

download the fastboot rom of your current version HERE and extract the boot.img then follow this guide

Reactions: soadfan and LS.xD

soadfan

Mar 4, 2011
Sofia
you can update ota but before you reboot and open magisk -> install -> install to inactive slot(after ota)

download the fastboot rom of your current version HERE and extract the boot.img then follow this guide

I'll check it, once I unlock the bootloader after 7 days.

soadfan

Mar 4, 2011
Sofia

Quick question, what ROM do I need to download, fastboot or recovery if I want it just for boot.img extraction?

1648895123377.png

1648895141179.png

sushuguru

Oct 30, 2016
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Quick question, what ROM do I need to download, fastboot or recovery if I want it just for boot.img extraction?

View attachment 5577573

View attachment 5577575
Get the fastboot rom, extract the .tgz that you've just downloaded, it should be in images folder.
The recovery rom also has one but it's in a file called "payload.bin" which requires an extra dumper tool in order to extract it which is more complicated.

@m@ru

Feb 4, 2012
Perform this at your own risk. You might LOSE all data on your phone.

( I'm not responsible for any damage to your device )

This guide will walk you through the process of installing TWRP on your Xiaomi 11T Pro.

READ THIS FIRST:
  • You may brick your device if you don't know what you are doing.
  • This might ERASE ALL YOUR DATA so do a BACKUP encase.
  • Your bootloader will be unlocked.
Prerequisites:
Installing TWRP:
  1. Reboot the phone to fastboot (Power + Vol Down)
  2. Connect the phone to the computer using an USB cable (Preferred to use original cable that came with the phone)
  3. Extract the fastboot files and open CMD/Terminal there.
  4. Paste the twrp.img in the same folder.
  5. Type' fastboot boot twrp.img' without the apostrophes.
  6. The phone will reboot in TWRP after that go to Advanced > Flash Current TWRP.
  7. Done!
Note: Change twrp.img with the original file name example twrp-3.0-xxx.img.
Orignal Thread: https://xdaforums.com/t/how-to-install-twrp-on-xiaomi-11t-pro.4350425/
hi dear
my phone is mi 11 t pro 5g. i unlocked and flash twrp.img on my phone but unfortunately doesn't work touch on twrp boot and with mouse check also don't show sdcard!!! in first page also don't ask my pattern for unlock twrp! do you know any solution for this situation?
thank you

@m@ru

Feb 4, 2012
hi dears.
i install twrp.img but unfortunately dont work touch and not show pattern and sd folders so i cant install magisk on my phone. my rom is 13.0.3. do you have any solution for this problem?
thanks

NOSS8

Recognized Contributor
hi dears.
i install twrp.img but unfortunately dont work touch and not show pattern and sd folders so i cant install magisk on my phone. my rom is 13.0.3. do you have any solution for this problem?
thanks
1. Find or redownload the TGZ file for your current ROM
2. Browse inside the zip file and find boot.img under the images folder
3. Copy this file to a temporary location in your PC first, and then transfer it to your phone
4. Install the desired version of Magisk app (V23?)
5. Run the app and choose Install under Magisk
6. Choose Select and Patch a File, then select the boot.img that was transferred earlier
7. A process will run and create a new .img file in the same folder where the original one was
8. Transfer the new file to your PC in the same directory where fastboot.exe is located
9. Open a command prompt window in that same directory
10. Reboot your phone to fastboot mode and connect to PC, USB2.0 port. Check for connection by running command fastboot devices.
11. Run the command fastboot flash boot_ab magiskXXXX.img

Once it's completed, run command fastboot reboot and the phone should boot and be rooted.

Reactions: @m@ru

@m@ru

Feb 4, 2012
1. Find or redownload the TGZ file for your current ROM
2. Browse inside the zip file and find boot.img under the images folder
3. Copy this file to a temporary location in your PC first, and then transfer it to your phone
4. Install the desired version of Magisk app (V23?)
5. Run the app and choose Install under Magisk
6. Choose Select and Patch a File, then select the boot.img that was transferred earlier
7. A process will run and create a new .img file in the same folder where the original one was
8. Transfer the new file to your PC in the same directory where fastboot.exe is located
9. Open a command prompt window in that same directory
10. Reboot your phone to fastboot mode and connect to PC, USB2.0 port. Check for connection by running command fastboot devices.
11. Run the command fastboot flash boot_ab magiskXXXX.img

Once it's completed, run command fastboot reboot and the phone should boot and be rooted.
thank you so much. thats great. do you know also any solution for twrp not work touch and pattern problem?

Badjeer

May 24, 2022
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Perform this at your own risk. You might LOSE all data on your phone.

( I'm not responsible for any damage to your device )

This guide will walk you through the process of installing TWRP on your Xiaomi 11T Pro.

READ THIS FIRST:
  • You may brick your device if you don't know what you are doing.
  • This might ERASE ALL YOUR DATA so do a BACKUP encase.
  • Your bootloader will be unlocked.
Prerequisites:
Installing TWRP:
  1. Reboot the phone to fastboot (Power + Vol Down)
  2. Connect the phone to the computer using an USB cable (Preferred to use original cable that came with the phone)
  3. Extract the fastboot files and open CMD/Terminal there.
  4. Paste the twrp.img in the same folder.
  5. Type' fastboot boot twrp.img' without the apostrophes.
  6. The phone will reboot in TWRP after that go to Advanced > Flash Current TWRP.
  7. Done!
Note: Change twrp.img with the original file name example twrp-3.0-xxx.img.
Orignal Thread: https://xdaforums.com/t/how-to-install-twrp-on-xiaomi-11t-pro.4350425/

Top Liked Posts