install TWRP in oneplus 8

Search This thread

jayed_Sk

Apr 3, 2022
I want to root my oneplus 8. install TWRP recovery.
please anyone help me how to install TWRP in oneplus 8
I am using oxygen OS 11
Android version 11

Xryphon

Dec 1, 2020
Use fastboot to flash the TWRP image to recovery using the following command:

Code:
fastboot flash recovery [name of image].img

Keep in mind that this command will flash to your primary slot; if you'd like to flash it to both, replace "recovery" with "recovery_a" or "recovery_b", which are the names of the two partitions. Your bootloader also must be unlocked for this operation to work.

The link for the TWRP image can be found on XDA.

jayed_Sk

Apr 3, 2022
Use fastboot to flash the TWRP image to recovery using the following command:

Code:
fastboot flash recovery [name of image].img

Keep in mind that this command will flash to your primary slot; if you'd like to flash it to both, replace "recovery" with "recovery_a" or "recovery_b", which are the names of the two partitions. Your bootloader also must be unlocked for this operation to work.

The link for the TWRP image can be found on XDA.

my device running oxygen OS 11
already received an OTA update Android 12
this TWRP custom recovery for 11 or 12?
it work both 11 or 12?
Or only 11?

thanks

saiiint

Oct 13, 2010
HI bois. Ive flashed twrp on _a and _b with android 12 now i have a bricked phone is there a way to unbrick it ?
Ive tried EDL mode but its not working. I have MSM and installed Qualcomm drivers but MSM not seeing my phone and the screen is not flashing when i hold volume combo and plug in cables. Any ideas ?

HI bois. Ive flashed twrp on _a and _b with android 12 now i have a bricked phone is there a way to unbrick it ?
Ive tried EDL mode but its not working. I have MSM and installed Qualcomm drivers but MSM not seeing my phone and the screen is not flashing when i hold volume combo and plug in cables. Any ideas ?
MSM is the only way to unbrick, try reinstalling all drivers in test mode and when driver signature is off