Install WearOs on Oppo smartwatch Chinese version

Search This thread

SaDiCuL

Oct 11, 2013
Hi guys. I have a question. Will be possible in future to
install WearOS on Oppo smartwatch Chinese version.
This one come with ColorOS and from what i have seen in videos is a bit limited on apps, etc. Thanks

Last edited:

aphexx0407

Aug 22, 2020
Hi guys. I have a question. Will be possible in future to
install WearOS on Oppo smartwatch Chinese version.
This one come with ColorOS and from what i have seen in videos is a bit limited on apps, etc. Thanks

I'm also waiting for someone who knew if it's possible. I currently own the Chinese version with ColorOS installed and is also wondering if it is possible to install a Global ROM with WearOS.

aphexx0407

Aug 22, 2020
Hi guys,
I'm waiting for Global ROM too, but I'm still struggling in connecting the color OS version to my samsung S20. How did you do that? Without Wear OS, right?

TNKS,
Omar
First of all you need to register an account through oppo website as doing it in the coloros app requires you to have a China mobile number.

Once the account is made download the coloros app using the QR code from the watch.

In the app login using the account you made.

From my experience the coloros which is available in the app store could not connect to the watch. It required the specific coloros app from the QR code given by the watch during setup.

pacoroni

Dec 2, 2020
Connecting chinese OPPO watch on galaxy S20

Hi guys,
I'm waiting for Global ROM too, but I'm still struggling in connecting the color OS version to my samsung S20. How did you do that? Without Wear OS, right?

TNKS,
Omar
Hi Omar, what do you mean by being not able to connect the Chinese version of Oppo watch to your S20 or any Android phone? I was probably the first in Canada buying Oppo watch in March and after a few month I found the way to connect it to my Galaxy S10 phone

aphexx0407

Aug 22, 2020

Hi guys,

TNKS,
Omar
With the Chinese version there is no way it can connect to WearOS. You will basically use ColorOS especifically the one that it asks you to download after using the QR code given by the watch.

aphexx0407

Aug 22, 2020
Hi Omar, what do you mean by being not able to connect the Chinese version of Oppo watch to your S20 or any Android phone? I was probably the first in Canada buying Oppo watch in March and after a few month I found the way to connect it to my Galaxy S10 phone
There is the Chinese version of the watch and there is this global version. The Chinese version uses ColorOS while the global version uses WearOS. It is a bit tricky to setup the Chinese version of the watch as some of the instructions are in Chinese and the QR code takes you to a site different from Playstore to get the ColorOS. However the global version is a lot easier to connect as its using the WearOS available in playstore.

aphexx0407

Aug 22, 2020
With the Chinese version there is no way it can connect to WearOS. You will basically use ColorOS especifically the one that it asks you to download after using the QR code given by the watch.

Hi guys,

TNKS,
Omar
And you have to register and create an account first using your email address at Oppo's website before continuing with the setup. Once an account is created use the email address as the login information instead of a mobile number as you will need a chinese mobile number to continue.

LaurensJ

Sep 30, 2010
Rotterdam
OPPO Find X2 Pro
Hi,
I Also bought a Chinese Oppo Watch (unfortunately). I have a Oppo phone (Model CPH1877) and connected the watch by downloading the "Health app"' using the QR code on the watch. Some apps on the watch are Chines some are in English (I have put the language on the watch on English).

Notifications from the phone to the watch are working perfectly but the Chinese app store is limited. I also mis a payment method on the watch. Only for Chinese banks.

Would love to flasch the international ROM on the watch but don't now how to do that and I can't find an international ROM for the watch.

Anyone ideas???

aphexx0407

Aug 22, 2020
Hi,
I Also bought a Chinese Oppo Watch (unfortunately). I have a Oppo phone (Model CPH1877) and connected the watch by downloading the "Health app"' using the QR code on the watch. Some apps on the watch are Chines some are in English (I have put the language on the watch on English).

Notifications from the phone to the watch are working perfectly but the Chinese app store is limited. I also mis a payment method on the watch. Only for Chinese banks.

Would love to flasch the international ROM on the watch but don't now how to do that and I can't find an international ROM for the watch.

Anyone ideas???
Waiting for one too for the longest time.

skersh

Aug 5, 2017
Amarillo, Texas
Hi,

Anyone ideas???

I also apparently got the Chinese version of the Oppo Watch (46mm) from Bludiode.com in England. I thought I was getting the international version. I have tried to connect it to Wear OS using my Samsung Note 20 Ultra, but it connects and gets about 1/8th of the way through "getting watch information"....then stops.

How did you get your watch to run Color OS? I have tried to use the Health App it wants me to download, use my e-mail address...then it wants a phone number? I've tried suing my USA number, but that doesn't work. I've read other posts where people say that you need an international number for that to work? How did you get past that step?

Any help would be appreciated as I'm sitting here with a $300 paperweight right now. Would love to connect it to something and have it work....at all.

babysugar

Dec 25, 2010
I also apparently got the Chinese version of the Oppo Watch (46mm) from Bludiode.com in England. I thought I was getting the international version. I have tried to connect it to Wear OS using my Samsung Note 20 Ultra, but it connects and gets about 1/8th of the way through "getting watch information"....then stops.

How did you get your watch to run Color OS? I have tried to use the Health App it wants me to download, use my e-mail address...then it wants a phone number? I've tried suing my USA number, but that doesn't work. I've read other posts where people say that you need an international number for that to work? How did you get past that step?

Any help would be appreciated as I'm sitting here with a $300 paperweight right now. Would love to connect it to something and have it work....at all.
Did you ever find out a solution? Struggling myself...

LaurensJ

Sep 30, 2010
Rotterdam
OPPO Find X2 Pro

Hi skersh,

I have an Oppo phone as well. So I registered an Oppo account when I got the phone. Since you don't have an Oppo phone I quess you need to register an Oppo account with a Chinese phonenumber. When the watch is connected to your phone via the Chinese health app (Hey Tap Health for Wear OS) the watch works perfect.

Good luck.

Laurens

skersh

Aug 5, 2017
Amarillo, Texas
Hi skersh,

I have an Oppo phone as well. So I registered an Oppo account when I got the phone. Since you don't have an Oppo phone I quess you need to register an Oppo account with a Chinese phonenumber. When the watch is connected to your phone via the Chinese health app (Hey Tap Health for Wear OS) the watch works perfect.

Good luck.

Laurens

Thanks for your reply! I really appreciate it. Any ideas on how I can get a "chinese phone number" just to make this watch work? Or, would purchasing a cheap Oppo phone, then registering that phone and getting and Oppo account make the watch work that way?

Just trying to weigh my options here.

I did contact the seller in England and told them that they sold me the "Chinese version" and not the "Global or International Version" and have asked for an exchange or refund. No word back from them yet.

Steve

LaurensJ

Sep 30, 2010
Rotterdam
OPPO Find X2 Pro
Thanks for your reply! I really appreciate it. Any ideas on how I can get a "chinese phone number" just to make this watch work? Or, would purchasing a cheap Oppo phone, then registering that phone and getting and Oppo account make the watch work that way?

Just trying to weigh my options here.

I did contact the seller in England and told them that they sold me the "Chinese version" and not the "Global or International Version" and have asked for an exchange or refund. No word back from them yet.

Steve
Hi Steve,

I would try to find a Chinese phonenumber. Perhaps Google can help? If you buy a cheap Oppo phone, the watch will be connected with that phone and not woth your Samsung Note. Can you register an Oppo acoount with Oppo in England?

I have found this video on YT. Maybe it helps?

Cheers,

Laurens

Last edited:

skersh

Aug 5, 2017
Amarillo, Texas
Hi Steve,

I would try to find a Chinese phonenumber. Perhaps Google can help? If you buy a cheap Oppo phone, the watch will be connected with that phone and not woth your Samsung Note. Can you register an Oppo acoount with Oppo in England?

Cheers,

Laurens

Laurens,

Thank you and thanks for the video link! I'll purchase an Oppo Phone to connect to the watch. I'm glad that you also told me that it won't connect with my Samsung Note, that answered another question I was going to pose. Perhaps, I'll at least be able to connect and use the watch with the Oppo phone and in the meantime, hope that a bootloader is unlocked later on and allows Wear OS to be flashed to it sometime soon!

Appreciate the help! Thanks again!

Steve

skersh

Aug 5, 2017
Amarillo, Texas
Hi Steve,

Cheers,

Laurens

SUCCESS!

Laurens,

Thank you VERY much for that video! After watching it, I used my phone number (USA) instead of trying to use an e-mail address to set up and account.

IT WORKED!

I was able to connect to my Oppo Watch using my Samsung Note 20 Ultra, after downloading the Health app (from scanning the QR Code on my Oppo Watch) I got it synced up and it's working fine! I did have to use a second phone using Google Translate to deciper some of the setup screens, but I'm getting notifications, I've picked a watch face and everything seems to be working just fine!

I really appreciate your help and for now, will use my Note 20 Ultra with the Oppo Watch.

Take care and have a great rest of your weekend!

Steve

Reactions: LaurensJ

Devilnash

Jan 18, 2021
SUCCESS!

Laurens,

Thank you VERY much for that video! After watching it, I used my phone number (USA) instead of trying to use an e-mail address to set up and account.

IT WORKED!

I was able to connect to my Oppo Watch using my Samsung Note 20 Ultra, after downloading the Health app (from scanning the QR Code on my Oppo Watch) I got it synced up and it's working fine! I did have to use a second phone using Google Translate to deciper some of the setup screens, but I'm getting notifications, I've picked a watch face and everything seems to be working just fine!

I really appreciate your help and for now, will use my Note 20 Ultra with the Oppo Watch.

Steve

Hi,

Glad you.managed to get the watch working with your S20. I am.also considering getting the oppo watch Chinese version and I currently use a Samsung note 10 plus.

What I wanted to ask you is that when the oppo watch is tracking your fitness (steps, workouts) via the health app in coloros, does it also show up on the Samsung health app on your S20?

I currently have the Samsung galaxy watch and naturally it's all in sync with the phone health app but I hate the watch and would love to get the oppo watch in stainless steel!

Would appreciate any info thanks 😀

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Steve,

Cheers,

Laurens

SUCCESS!

Laurens,

IT WORKED!

Steve
    Has anyone found the global rom for the Chinese version?