Question Install Xiaomi firmware after installed rom

Search This thread

Elinx

Jan 5, 2015
Redmi Note 8
Redmi Note 10 Pro
For about a couple of weeks I run crDroid 7.16. This because I think an EOL A11 rom is developed out with minimal bugs.
Inside the flashing instructions I didn't read nothing about flashing Xiaomi firmware before, so I didn't think about that.
My Xiaomi firmware version was 12.5.3.0. EEA and flashing crDroid didn't give problems.
But viewing build.prop I saw the rom was based on v. 12.5.4 Global

Although I haven't problems, I wonder if it wouldn't be wiser to flash 12.5.4 Global after all
However, I want to avoid a bootloop, format or other surprises.

That's why I have some questions
- Can I flash the Xiaomi firmware without a clean install?
- Or is it better to dirty flash crDroid, Gapps, Magisk and decrypt again too?
- Or is it better to flash the latest A11 firmware 12.5.9 Global?
- Or leave it as it is?

Last edited:

Elinx

Jan 5, 2015
Redmi Note 8
Redmi Note 10 Pro
You would need to do a clean installation because you'll be changing firmware. However, you said you're device region is EEA. No need to change anything. EEA and Global variants are roughly the same but it is best to stick to your region firmware.
Thanks for your answer.
I don't talk about installing complete Miui rom, but firmware from which is mentioned here
This is only a part of a complete Miui rom. Is clean install than really neccesary?

I ask because I read on another tread
"Firmware is simply the bootloader, modem and baseband files that are responsible for bluetooth, wifi and all wireless connections on the device, it is only necessary to update if you are coming from a very old version of the stock ROM."

That's why I have some doubts if it makes much difference

nardich

Apr 24, 2021
Personally, running previously on ArrowOS 11 then 12, now on LOS, I've been dirty updating firmware without flashing rom, by flashing it with twrp, cleaning cache and dalvik, and everything is ok.

Reactions: Elinx

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You would need to do a clean installation because you'll be changing firmware. However, you said you're device region is EEA. No need to change anything. EEA and Global variants are roughly the same but it is best to stick to your region firmware.
    Personally, running previously on ArrowOS 11 then 12, now on LOS, I've been dirty updating firmware without flashing rom, by flashing it with twrp, cleaning cache and dalvik, and everything is ok.