Question Installation problem when applying Update on rooted Pixel 6a

Search This thread

WaveAbuser

Oct 7, 2017
Hi everybody,

I rooted my Pixel 6a with Android 13 using the Magisk method. The rooted boot.img is installed on both slots (A-partition and B-partition).
Build number installed is TP1A.220624.021.A1

Now for 1-2 weeks, my phone is telling me, there is an update available. (Update size: 34.27MB)
I think I started it once but the internet connection was very weak and the installation process has been interrupted.

Now when I am on a stable Wi-Fi (have tried different Wi-Fis and also the mobile network) it says "Installation paused".
When I click on resume, it says "Couldnt update. Installation problem."

It is not telling me anything more. I click on Try again, the phone then re-downloads the update. The phone stops the update and tells me I can resume once I do not need to use the phone, then click on "Resume". Installation process is aborted after about 20%.

Is there anything special I have to do, because I rooted my phone with Magisk?
Why is the installation process failing?

Any help much appreciated

Lughnasadh

Mar 23, 2015
Google Nexus 5
Huawei Nexus 6P
Hi everybody,

I rooted my Pixel 6a with Android 13 using the Magisk method. The rooted boot.img is installed on both slots (A-partition and B-partition).
Build number installed is TP1A.220624.021.A1

Now for 1-2 weeks, my phone is telling me, there is an update available. (Update size: 34.27MB)
I think I started it once but the internet connection was very weak and the installation process has been interrupted.

Now when I am on a stable Wi-Fi (have tried different Wi-Fis and also the mobile network) it says "Installation paused".
When I click on resume, it says "Couldnt update. Installation problem."

It is not telling me anything more. I click on Try again, the phone then re-downloads the update. The phone stops the update and tells me I can resume once I do not need to use the phone, then click on "Resume". Installation process is aborted after about 20%.

Is there anything special I have to do, because I rooted my phone with Magisk?
Why is the installation process failing?

Any help much appreciated
Probably failing because you're rooted. Flash the stock boot image to both slots and retry. But before you do anything, make sure you have the A13 bootloader flashed to both slots, if you haven't already, to avoid running into the new ARB shenanigans and bricking your device.

nate1975

Jan 25, 2012
Owosso, MI
I just downloaded the latest build and ran magisk on the boot.img from that update as well. It was fairly easy to sideload the update from the recovery, then flash the patched boot.img that matched.