Installed pics of film type full body protectors? Invisible shield? Ghost Armour?

Search This thread

hchavarria

Feb 7, 2008
Miami, FL
I have the Invisible Shield on my iPhone, wifes iPhone, and iPod. I am ordering one for my fuze now too. We all seem to forget that these shields were not meant to protect from falls but rather from scratches. The shields are not shock absorbant.

Kraize

Dec 5, 2007
California
I have the Invisible Shield on my iPhone, wifes iPhone, and iPod. I am ordering one for my fuze now too. We all seem to forget that these shields were not meant to protect from falls but rather from scratches. The shields are not shock absorbant.

True but most of the time you only get scratches from dropping the device :p and idk about that. The bodyguardz one seems pretty shock absorbent.

wanwarlock

Aug 13, 2006
does the IS or any other full body protectors make the TP look 'cheap'. i mean i saw the pics on the 1st page I thought that it makes the phone look a bit cheap. Pics can't really do justice for the real thing. Would like to instal 1 of these.

getting my TP hopefully soon, ordered but stuck with DHL in NZ, will have to pay tax so the holdup!

nickba

Oct 10, 2008
I received the Invisible Shield today!! It comes in a beautiful box with a squeegee and spray, but all I can say is:
I will not install it on my Touch Pro!!! It is terrible!!!

The cuts will not protect all the device's edges!! The screen protector drags a lot!!! So it will make almost impossible to use the pen or the Touch Flo.

Wanwarlock, the way it is cutted IT WILL MAKE YOUR DEVICE LOOK CHEAP!!!

So I will use a regular screen protector! I prefer the risk of scratching the body of the device than using this terrible product. I think the other ones should be almost the same...

uexpress

Jan 9, 2008
I received the Invisible Shield today!! It comes in a beautiful box with a squeegee and spray, but all I can say is:
I will not install it on my Touch Pro!!! It is terrible!!!

The cuts will not protect all the device's edges!! The screen protector drags a lot!!! So it will make almost impossible to use the pen or the Touch Flo.

Wanwarlock, the way it is cutted IT WILL MAKE YOUR DEVICE LOOK CHEAP!!!

So I will use a regular screen protector! I prefer the risk of scratching the body of the device than using this terrible product. I think the other ones should be almost the same...

Yup i agreed with nickba, i recieved my IS last week and i already applied it into my Touch Pro....and what i had discover is that the front panel side does not cover properly, poor cutting. eg. the front shield side cover on the left facing toward you it fit perfectly and on the right toward you it only cover half...see photo for more info...

and i'm sending back for my refund. 30 Day Money-Back Guarantee. The worst thing is i recieved my IS in 3 week now i only left 1 week to made the refund.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    18.7 KB · Views: 329

bmueller77

Apr 25, 2006
Frankfurt am Main
Just got my Invisible Shield for the GSM version after ordering at the website... Opened it and started to put it on... Seems, as if they cut it mirror-inverted.. to match the device, the sticky side is up... I asked for a corrected version.. let's see, if i get one.

Edit: I checked the precision, cause of previous posts... Will give it back. It's not very precise at all. Anyone tried Clear-Coat yet? Any impressions?

Last edited:

KD8DNS

Jan 30, 2008
On a cell tower
Sorry to be so harsh, but I have said it time and time again. Invisible Shield really is crap, I have used Bodyguardz since they first came out and NEVER had one single issue EVER.

havik34

Dec 21, 2006
Pleasanton, CA
I'm Sold

After reading this thread and further checking out the IS website and Bodyguardz, I'm sold on Bodyguardz.

I'm ordering multiple versions for a couple families different phones, I'm hoping it all turns out good as Xmas gifts. Thanks for the helpful discussion on this thread.

ExTREmE99

Jul 26, 2006
Bay Area, CA
heres my invisishield for the fuze. it covers every corner and basically everything except for the little extended thing under the call/end buttons. i also chose not to cover the metal triangle where the camera lens, since i dont see a point, but they do include a little protector for that piece too. see for yourself:
N95_127.jpg

N95_128.jpg

N95_129.jpg

N95_130.jpg

i posted this in the other thread. im absolutely satisfied with invisible shield. been using their stuff for a while, and while its expensive i find they have fast shipping and pretty good customer service to me.

mccaffm

Aug 18, 2004
IS Shield

I also purchased a IS and applied, not overly happy with the fit, the bottom panel for the buttoms doesnt appear rounded wnough and the corners at the top of both the front and rear just appear to be slightly incorrect. Leaving it on for now, until I can find something more suitable, anything is better than nothing.

RallyPunx

Oct 18, 2008
heres my invisishield for the fuze. it covers every corner and basically everything except for the little extended thing under the call/end buttons. i also chose not to cover the metal triangle where the camera lens, since i dont see a point, but they do include a little protector for that piece too. see for yourself:

i posted this in the other thread. im absolutely satisfied with invisible shield. been using their stuff for a while, and while its expensive i find they have fast shipping and pretty good customer service to me.

Good pictures. Any chance you could post pictures of the front of the FUZE (i.e. the screen area)?? I want to see how the screen piece wraps around the top corners of the FUZE, since it's only one piece that covers the screen and sides. I will greatly appreciate it.

g2tl

Nov 27, 2007
Boston
I have bodyguardz, and I don't think it makes the phone look cheap (but it will if you don't apply it well enough :D)

About the corners, just stretch it a little, very gently, when applying

It doesn't come with the middle button thing, but I HATE invisibleshields for its ultra-stickiness. Bodyguradz not only hide most fingerprints, but is also less sticky

tooch

Nov 3, 2008
I bought an invisible shield and used all the parts except for the screen and button cover, and I'm very happy with how it came out, the back is almost perfect. I also carefully cut up some of the left over material and used it around the lower edges of the phone to protect that part.

taylor310

Nov 15, 2007
I put my bodyguardz on yesterday and I'm noticing it looks like there are scratches in the film on it maybe? I don't know if it was lint or something that got under it when I was applying it or what, but it doesn't quite look right. Do you think this will improve after 48 hours like they say on the site? This is mostly on the front of the device on the screen and button part.

I'm also really liking the drag on the screen. I had to press down much harder on the stylus when i used the screen cover that came with the phone. It gives a nice feel to the screen imo.

Last edited:

ExTREmE99

Jul 26, 2006
Bay Area, CA
Good pictures. Any chance you could post pictures of the front of the FUZE (i.e. the screen area)?? I want to see how the screen piece wraps around the top corners of the FUZE, since it's only one piece that covers the screen and sides. I will greatly appreciate it.

the screen protector doesnt do that with the fuze. it is cut out exactly just for the screen then includes pieces for the sides unlike the invisible shield for the "htc touch pro gsm". it is not 1 piece.

mrrogers1

Jun 30, 2007
NEEEEBRASKA
looks very nice. was it hard to apply?

I need to get pics of my Sprint TP up with the IS on. I love the product and the fit is perfect. I did have to trim just a little bit from one of the side pieces and I am not using the screen protector (HTC's is best in my opinion).

I hate to say it, no offense, but the first picture doesn't do the IS justice at all. It looks like the fit was a little off but the install may have been the first time the user has installed. I have done probably 20 of these installs on various devices (even did a custom protector for my 7in Pioneer 6800 DVD HU in my car) and each install is better than the last. :)

It's not hard, but you definitely learn little tricks after do it a time or two. Best thing is if you do screw up, just send back for a replacement.

*All this Bodyguardz talk has me wanting to order just to test out... I did test out the "Clear Coat" full body protection but wasn't all that impressed. I didn't end up installing the whole thing as they didn't have it listed on the site as GSM or CDMA version and they ONLY had/have the GSM version. The material is the exact same as Zagg's IS but the cuts are not as precise. They refunded my money after not being able to get a CDMA version out to me after 2 weeks of waiting SO I'll say the customer service and packaging were top notch. ;)

Skaryd

Dec 18, 2007
My 5 cents on teh subject:

I tried invisible shield from Zagg. Made from Touch Pro GSM.

+
I feel the device is safer.
It was not that hard to apply it, but had some corrections.

-
The sides of the device where the cover ends tend to get dirty from pockets.
The touch display isnt so "gliding" as it was without the invisible shield.
The corners are troublesome, it doesnt fit well, and the corners become sharp then.
The back cover..had tu cut out the triangle for camera, was unable to stick to the metal.

Result:
i ended up using only the front display protector, nothing else. And i am looking for something better now.