Installing a GB phone.apk on an ICS ?

Search This thread

championc

Oct 30, 2006
Dublin
I liked the phone dialer screen from my GB Rom because it had 4 tabs across the top rather than the 3 which is has now. It no longer has "Contacts" as a tab at the top.

Therefore, could I install a phone.apk from the GB rom and install it on an ICS stock rom ? I suppose, is it the phone.apk file that controls this or is it some other one ?

henrybravo

Mar 31, 2011
Tulsa, OK
I liked the phone dialer screen from my GB Rom because it had 4 tabs across the top rather than the 3 which is has now. It no longer has "Contacts" as a tab at the top.

Therefore, could I install a phone.apk from the GB rom and install it on an ICS stock rom ? I suppose, is it the phone.apk file that controls this or is it some other one ?
I don't think a GB phone.apk will work on ICS.

Good news though: in the new firmware that came out today (LPW), Samsung has added that 4th tab back again. It will just be a matter of time before there are custom ROMs based on it.

championc

Oct 30, 2006
Dublin
Wow, what a timely question !!

Seems bizarre that they ever removed it. It's not as if it took up any more space.

Thanks for the info.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

atifsh

Sep 24, 2009
Islamabad
Yes its back but its annoying.... When you go into contacts, its a separate menu now so you have to use back key to get beck to dialer.