• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Installing apps on a gabb phone Z2?

Search This thread

ezseay

Sep 23, 2021
Anyone else in favor?
Shoot me an email if you want to be added. Make sure to tell me what your profile is on this thread so I can find if you've already sent a message in the thread. I will then start a conversation with you on XDA to confirm that you are the person you said you were in the email (all for protection purposes :)) Then after the confirmation I will add you to the Google Chat.
If you haven't made a message in this thread yet, sorry but this method will offer the best protection against Gabb moles. If you have a friend in this forum that is in the Google Chat, they can vouch for you and I can add you.

[email protected]

It's time we started playing Gabb's game.
is it too late to join the chat?

Mr. Macphisto

Sep 15, 2021
Gilbert AZ
www.youtube.com
is it too late to join the chat?
I'm afraid that in order to maintain security, it is too late since you did not comment on the forum before I made the chat. If you have a friend that has commented on the forum, he can join and vouch for you. Otherwise, my apologies, but this is what has to be done in order to keep Gabb from knowing what we are doing to the best of our ability.

dreadanaught

Jun 27, 2021
I'm afraid that in order to maintain security, it is too late since you did not comment on the forum before I made the chat. If you have a friend that has commented on the forum, he can join and vouch for you. Otherwise, my apologies, but this is what has to be done in order to keep Gabb from knowing what we are doing to the best of our ability.
So for those of us who have been watching the thread without commenting, will it be impossible to get any further information on installing things on the z2?

Aug 5, 2021
Can I get on the chat?

Mr. Macphisto

Sep 15, 2021
Gilbert AZ
www.youtube.com
So for those of us who have been watching the thread without commenting, will it be impossible to get any further information on installing things on the z2?
When we find the solution, we can post it for the world to see, but while we're still finding it there's no point in letting Gabb know what's going on. But we may not even use the chat. In any case, I promise everyone will have access to the answer

Howl1346

Aug 13, 2021
Washington
www.youtube.com
This is a really good idea in my opinion, ive been pretty sure Gabb has monitored this thread, the fact that the USB Debugging glitch got patched almost as soon as it went public here only made me more sure.

Ill shoot an email your way, looking forward to some unpached progress lol

Mr. Macphisto

Sep 15, 2021
Gilbert AZ
www.youtube.com
I'd like to remind everyone that doesn't know-- If you did not reply to this thread before I had this idea, you cannot join the chat unless you have a friend that vouches for you. If you are eligible and want to join (please do) start a private conversation with me on this XDA website. Give me your email, and I will add you. If you do not follow those steps, I will not add you to the chat. This is all to keep the chat secure.

If you have any questions you can email me at [email protected]

xxxxxxxxxxxxx
MOD EDIT: Certain content removed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Howl1346

Aug 13, 2021
Washington
www.youtube.com
Just wanted to make here a quick post to let the people who intalled the ZTE USB and QUALCOMM drivers,
to remember to uninstall them! odds are they wont be used again, and they have some somewhat decent preformence impacts on your PC. If they`re needed for anything related to a potential exploit, I`ll attach them in any tutorial that needs them.

angelwingz

Sep 25, 2021
(Had to rewrite this twice now, bc wrong info lol, Also, be sure to write down phone numbers, and back stuff up bc this will wipe everything if you do it right!)

Oh, and I`m not responsible if your phone gets bricked, or anything like that, tho if you do this right, that shouldn`t happen! (EDIT: IF it does, let me know and ill try to help)

EDIT #2: You MAY want to take your SIM card out, just in case.
(instructions from here, just trying to make em simpler)

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-
You`ll need sp flash tool (fairly pretty sure that`ll work). I have a copy and I`ll attach it since I cant remember were I got it, and dont feel like looking.

Also, the drivers, I`ll attach those as well, pretty sure they`ll work for the Z2 (I hope lol), if not, just uninstall em, and let me know.
Oh, yes, AND the MediaTek drivers as well lol, ill attach those.
(you`ll need to unzip and install them)

OKAY!
First unzip the firmware to somewere you`ll remember.
Then you`ll need to unzip the SP_Flash_Tool file, then open "flash_tool.exe"
you should see a gui like this:
View attachment 5411751
Now click on the browse button on "Scatter-loading File"
Go to the place you unzipped the firmware, you`re looking for "MT6761_Android_scatter.txt"
When you find it, double click it. The gui should look like this:
View attachment 5411753
Be sure to UNCHECK "preloader" (at the top) bc it will probably brick your phone
Then, click the Download button.
Now, turn off your phone, and take out the battery.
plug it into your computer with a usb cable, and hold the VOLUME UP and VOLUME DOWN keys
(this is different on some phones, if nothing happens, try POWER and VOLUME UP keys)

At this point, if all goes well, SP Flash should start flashing the firmware onto the phone.
It will probly take a while, so kick back and watch some youtube or something idk.
Once its done, you should see this:
View attachment 5411759
Close the program, and eject your phone.
Put the battery back in, and restart it.
If all went well, your phone should be like normal, but without the update that patched USB Debugging!

BTW, if the process fails, or it gets stuck at downloading 100% or shows a yellow bar, or red bar at 100%, then don’t panic. Just close everything, switch off your phone, and try again.

If something else went wrong, or your phone is stuck on the black ZTE screen, tell me and ill uhhh.... Try to help!
Hopefully ive made this somewhat simple, im goin to bed now lol
hey so everything is working find but I got a small issue :( i cant find the scatter file anywhere do yk where i can open it from??

Howl1346

Aug 13, 2021
Washington
www.youtube.com
Yes! if you click on the folder next to "scatter file" then browse to the place you unzipped the firmware, it should be the first txt file there.

FYI, people have said that its not possible to flash the firmware this way, so idk if this will help long-term. but you can try! :)

Ruler_of_Tech

Sep 27, 2021
So im new, and I know ill probably not get into the private chat, but when new methods arrive will they be posted to here? Or somewhere else? Im not a gabb mole I swear.

Howl1346

Aug 13, 2021
Washington
www.youtube.com
Just wanted to make a quick post asking all of you guys; what goals should we focus on?
So far we have:

-Find a way to enable USB Debugging.

-Figure out how Gabb is tracing the phones OS. (They know if its been tampered with)

-Attempt to keep Gabb from finding out our methods, so they don't get patched as quickly
(We WILL keep the methods public, just harder to find maybe?? this one is still up in the air)

-Disable OTA Updates. This should stop Gabb from patching any bugs/glitches we find.
We actually solved this one, and I`ll make a post explaining how to do it once I have some more time.

In the meantime, DO NOT install ANY software updates that Gabb throws out, we dont want anything to get patched!

Howl1346

Aug 13, 2021
Washington
www.youtube.com
Open App Manager.
Find Software Updater.
Go to Permissions.
Switch ALL of the permissions to OFF

Get EZed software updater

EDIT: Also, taking out the battery will prevent you from using your phone! Solid guess tho, I suppose it would work too!

dreadanaught

Jun 27, 2021
Open App Manager.
Find Software Updater.
Go to Permissions.
Switch ALL of the permissions to OFF
You guys might want to rethink this, as it seems to be impossible. When in the permissions menu for the Software Update app, it does not allow alteration of any permissions, saying "Device requires this permission to operate." It also does not appear to be possible to force stop the app. I can post screenshots if needed.

Howl1346

Aug 13, 2021
Washington
www.youtube.com
You guys might want to rethink this, as it seems to be impossible. When in the permissions menu for the Software Update app, it does not allow alteration of any permissions, saying "Device requires this permission to operate." It also does not appear to be possible to force stop the app. I can post screenshots if needed.
That's strange, Mr. Macphisto said that he was able to do it.....
I'll talk to him about it, there really just cannot be any easy ways of doing anything on this phone!
(it's almost like it was locked down lol)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lol, i love your profile pic! and yes, if we uncover any new methods of cracking the phone, ill post em up on XDA. We`re also looking into disabling the updater, that way nothing gets patched!
    That's strange, Mr. Macphisto said that he was able to do it.....
    I'll talk to him about it, there really just cannot be any easy ways of doing anything on this phone!
    (it's almost like it was locked down lol)
    Actually when your in ADB sideload, your device shows up in ADB and ADB sideload is enabled. When I try and install something in there, however, it says “signature verification failed” or something like that. Maybe I’m just not using the right firmware zip.
    Huh, thats interesting.
    What firmware are you using?
    the gabb phone is meant for little kids and such for their first phone. However, it definitely is running android, and probably could be tampered with. If you're wondering what I really need, I mostly talk to people using discord
    Alright, so I'm new here. Just came from iqlessmeme's video. I actually have a gabb phone given to me by my parents and I really want to crack it, as they won't let me buy my own. How's it going around here? Any way to enable USB debugging with the new update?
    I think this tutorial might work.
    I have an idea. Go into android recovery (power and volume up buttons) and select the wipe data/factory reset option. Just know your parent (might) have to enter the email address associated with the phone. I have never done that because I never had a reason to but just select that option and it may downgrade it.
    I think our goal for now should be to get a package installer working
    I think GMS might be trying to self update which could be causing the crash
    Can someone create a phone edited image of it so I can get an answer?
    enjoy 👍