• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Installing apps on a gabb phone Z2?

Search This thread

Mr. Macphisto

Sep 15, 2021
Gilbert AZ
www.youtube.com
I've been working on a virus to delete the update on the phone so maybe that will work but so far I have been stuck because of the USB debugging pach so helppp
Fear not, a solution may be at hand to all of our usb debugging problems.
However, I highly doubt a virus is the answer. For starters, it will probably result in ruining the phone to the point of no return, or even just to the point that gabb would send kid's parents an email saying they were attempting to hack the phone.

Reactions: titan212662

Cohendraper15

Oct 24, 2021
Guys, I don't think USB debugging is the solution, I turned it on before the update and it's still on, I tried to adb install but it didn't work

Cohendraper15

Oct 24, 2021
Ohh so you guys are making a new firmware? Do you guys have a discord I could join of sum so I can possibly help out? I'm good with computers

Gknight2472

Oct 24, 2021
after a bit of searching all I can figure out is that we need to make the phone think that we are a developer. maybe we could find out how to disable the thing that checks if we are a developer I don't think that would work because the default is probably not developer. but I don't know anything you guys are way smarter than me.

Last edited:

titan212662

Oct 21, 2021
www.youtube.com
Would someone be able to write a full guide from start to finish on how to do this?
they will probably make a youtube vid

after a bit of searching all I can figure out is that we need to make the phone think that we are a developer. maybe we could find out how to disable the thing that checks if we are a developer I don't think that would work because the default is probably not developer. but I don't know anything you guys are way smarter than me.
true

mabey me

There is currently no way but we are close to finding one. Worry not my friend, soon we'll have a method and probably a youtube video to go with it
I think I found a way to get past the new update I will tell people through email because gabbs looking !!!!!! so give me your email but I have school so I will reply asap

Last edited by a moderator:

ryujin88

Sep 19, 2021
I finsihed the guidesend me your email and I will give the pdf to you with the instructions also, the guide file has a password so gabb aint seeing it, so I will send that to you aswell

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Also, if your phone is one of the newer ones, and this is the first update you've gotten, I think that I would encourage everyone that is able to, to go head and update. There is really no point delaying it if there is no way of stopping it. We will have to find a new way of exploiting this version!
    yeah because I'm working on a way to stop the updates because there going to update no matter what so any help would help!
    Hey, broskies, So based upon your posts, The phone does recognize the APKs on file when U click on them and move/copy them, however, you can't just open them cuz they say there is no app to open file (just to verify, I checked with a Drastic emulator APK this thing is Legit). And when you swipe up to find all the apps on your phone there is an option in the search bar to "Search for more APPS" but when you click on it it's like when you try to click on AUTOFILL it just doesn't work. I was just wondering, is there any way to just access the source code for the Phone and just (LIke this one poster doesn't remember his name showed us that Mygabb just disabled all the android apps and features) turn stuff on. Like in the movie Elysium and turn stuff into like for example, PLAY STORE=NO into like PLAY STORE=YES? Is there any way to just revert the thing to normal Android settings and just get rid of the pesky firewalls, or is there any way to break the firewall for a split second and just furiously tap autofill or search for more apps and get it to work? I did this with an android firewall on my tablet once wherein the split second to connect to Bluetooth the firewall would break and you could furiously tap disable in the settings and it would work (i got youtube that way BTW). I don't know if this is helpful or relatable at all and tbh I'm just this 14-year-old girl that knows barely anything abt programming so sorry if this is too movie but just wondering.
    That's actually exactly what I *almost* achieved.
    I was able to obtain a copy of the origanal Gabb OS and I started to reprogram it, and add a "hidden mode"
    Unfortunately, do to the recent "bomb cyclone" that hit us, my power went out and fried the poor old 1999 HDD that I was storing my work on :(
    No, i did not back it up as it was multiple gigabytes, and I just thought, "what could happen?"
    I am a dumbass.
    Anyway, I was able to get the hard drive working again, but the whole drive was completely corrupted and pretty much no data was recoverable.
    I will start the project up agian, but that does depend on if Gabb has patched ROM flashing. If they have, then that takes that option completely out, and there is no real sense working on it.
    I'm also wondering if this is illegal, I remember reading about pokemon games and how you could technically legally hack the chips and the data of the game since you purchased it, but this can apply to a phone right since it was bought and interacted by yourself and yourself only, just that we have the burden of being faulted for any bricks. Or is it wrong cuz it will break the company's reputation cuz anyone researching on this phone will see that you can just flash a rom and it breaks it? But then again, I don't think any of us care, we just want our videogames or Instagram or whatever (why do people have social media? how does it even work
    I have been jailbreaking and rooting for a while (I am 26yo. Not gabb though lol) and as I have read it is legal to hack your devices. It voids your warranty and violates the software terms of use though. (I have heard in rare cases of companies disabling the software for violating terms of use). The following comes from a quick google search:

Jailbreaking falls under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, which addresses digital copyright issues. Section 1201 of the law makes it illegal to circumvent digital locks that protect access to copyrighted works, which can include software.

Congress reviews the law every three years and has gradually expanded the list of items that are exempt. Jailbreaking phones — or “rooting” when referring to Android devices — became legal in 2010, followed by smartwatches and tablets in 2015. In 2018, Congress added more devices to the list.

Worth noting: it’s legal to jailbreak or root a phone if you’re doing it to use legally acquired apps, for a smartphone. The same is not true for illegally acquired apps.

Hope this helps
    I'm also wondering if this is illegal, I remember reading about pokemon games and how you could technically legally hack the chips and the data of the game since you purchased it, but this can apply to a phone right since it was bought and interacted by yourself and yourself only, just that we have the burden of being faulted for any bricks. Or is it wrong cuz it will break the company's reputation cuz anyone researching on this phone will see that you can just flash a rom and it breaks it? But then again, I don't think any of us care, we just want our videogames or Instagram or whatever (why do people have social media? how does it even work?)
    I think of it this way I'm a 16-year-old boy who loves tech and is good at code and is customizing his Gabb phone with the help of strangers 🙃
    If someone could send me an email I'd really appreciate it! [email protected]
    Gabb must have already figured it out because I just got a notification for a software update, but I'm hoping I can figure it out before the update goes through.
    Interesting... Everybody like this post if you're getting a similar notification
    I think this tutorial might work.
    I have an idea. Go into android recovery (power and volume up buttons) and select the wipe data/factory reset option. Just know your parent (might) have to enter the email address associated with the phone. I have never done that because I never had a reason to but just select that option and it may downgrade it.
    I think this tutorial might work.
    If this works let me know if someone tries it.
    I think our goal for now should be to get a package installer working
    I think GMS might be trying to self update which could be causing the crash