• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Installing apps on a gabb phone Z2?

Search This thread

ZombieBaymax

Jul 26, 2021
OK so maybe the mygabb app is stopping you from getting in to developer options on the home screen hold the mygabb app and press app info and then press app permissions and denie the permission storage and try pressing it tell me if it works

Jul 16, 2021
Where
app_disable_permission=com.android.chrome=false,com.android.contacts=false,com.google.android.apps.docs=false,com.google.android.apps.tachyon=false,com.android.email=false,zte.com.cn.filer=false,com.android.gallery3d=false,com.google.android.gm=false,com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox=false,com.google.android.apps.maps=false,com.google.android.apps.photos=false,com.google.android.videos=false,com.google.android.music=false,com.android.vending=false,com.google.android.youtube=false,com.android.deskclock=true,com.gabb.child=false
adb shell settings list system
what on earth!? they never actually fully removed some of the android apps!? They just disabled them 🤔
Where is this located and how did you get there? Can you edit the file?

CalebGunner

Jul 18, 2021
adb install all of those and then try to open the play store 👍
Hey so I tired getting the play store on my freinds gabb phone(Mainly just the google services was the goal so we could get youtube and stuff). However, I wasnt very smart and tried installing it from APKmirror. This would be fine however, after the fact I think I matched the versions incorrectly because it didnt seem to work. So we tried removing it by going into settings and going to the storage managment and uninstalling it from there. However, we noticed that using this method does not allow you to reinstall that app later. I tried it when we tried reinstalling a newer version of an app that we had deleted, and it wouldnt let us do that. So after I found this, I tried installing these files, but it seems to be too late as it seems to me as if I am unable to get them to install. This was all about a week or 2 ago. I also want to mention that we also couldnt get 3rd party app stores to work, such as amazon and a couple of others.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I searched these, there isn't rlly anything interesting.
    I found a thing called "install unknown apps." I turned it on for the file app and I haven't been able to to anything with it yet.
    (Had to rewrite this twice now, bc wrong info lol, Also, be sure to write down phone numbers, and back stuff up bc this will wipe everything if you do it right!)

Oh, and I`m not responsible if your phone gets bricked, or anything like that, tho if you do this right, that shouldn`t happen! (EDIT: IF it does, let me know and ill try to help)

EDIT #2: You MAY want to take your SIM card out, just in case.
    (instructions from here, just trying to make em simpler)

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-
    You`ll need sp flash tool (fairly pretty sure that`ll work). I have a copy and I`ll attach it since I cant remember were I got it, and dont feel like looking.

Also, the drivers, I`ll attach those as well, pretty sure they`ll work for the Z2 (I hope lol), if not, just uninstall em, and let me know.
    Oh, yes, AND the MediaTek drivers as well lol, ill attach those.
    (you`ll need to unzip and install them)

OKAY!
    First unzip the firmware to somewere you`ll remember.
    Then you`ll need to unzip the SP_Flash_Tool file, then open "flash_tool.exe"
    you should see a gui like this:
    1631858690846.png

Now click on the browse button on "Scatter-loading File"
    Go to the place you unzipped the firmware, you`re looking for "MT6761_Android_scatter.txt"
    When you find it, double click it. The gui should look like this:
    1631858953771.png

Be sure to UNCHECK "preloader" (at the top) bc it will probably brick your phone
    Then, click the Download button.
    Now, turn off your phone, and take out the battery.
    plug it into your computer with a usb cable, and hold the VOLUME UP and VOLUME DOWN keys
    (this is different on some phones, if nothing happens, try POWER and VOLUME UP keys)

At this point, if all goes well, SP Flash should start flashing the firmware onto the phone.
    It will probly take a while, so kick back and watch some youtube or something idk.
    Once its done, you should see this:
    1631860038486.jpeg

Close the program, and eject your phone.
    Put the battery back in, and restart it.
    If all went well, your phone should be like normal, but without the update that patched USB Debugging!

BTW, if the process fails, or it gets stuck at downloading 100% or shows a yellow bar, or red bar at 100%, then don’t panic. Just close everything, switch off your phone, and try again.

If something else went wrong, or your phone is stuck on the black ZTE screen, tell me and ill uhhh.... Try to help!
    Hopefully ive made this somewhat simple, im goin to bed now lol
    Lol, i love your profile pic! and yes, if we uncover any new methods of cracking the phone, ill post em up on XDA. We`re also looking into disabling the updater, that way nothing gets patched!
    Alright, so I'm new here. Just came from iqlessmeme's video. I actually have a gabb phone given to me by my parents and I really want to crack it, as they won't let me buy my own. How's it going around here? Any way to enable USB debugging with the new update?
    I think this tutorial might work.
    I have an idea. Go into android recovery (power and volume up buttons) and select the wipe data/factory reset option. Just know your parent (might) have to enter the email address associated with the phone. I have never done that because I never had a reason to but just select that option and it may downgrade it.
    I think our goal for now should be to get a package installer working
    I think GMS might be trying to self update which could be causing the crash
    Can someone create a phone edited image of it so I can get an answer?
    enjoy 👍